All Aspirants of IBS Hyderabad - Shoot your questions here

Hi all, Shoot all your queries on IBS (ICFAI Business School), Hyderabad here. I would be happy to help you.

Hi all,

Shoot all your queries on IBS (ICFAI Business School), Hyderabad here. I would be happy to help you.

i gave the test for the first time .. i think it was quite tough..

do you have any idea abt the cut offs .. heard they call 25000 ppl for gd pi

does ibs,hyderabad provides regular degree or a DLP?

Please tell me how is the college and about the placements.and how about IBS mumbai?
:cheerio:

I also gave the test this time...found maths lil tough..english was fine..expected cut offs??

Hi Jane....There is no need to panic regarding cutoffs....if you have done decent enough...I think till date they have considered only overall cutoffs for calls...So, a score of 55+ or 60 should get you a call for Micro-presentation and PI....Don't bother about the no. they call for PIs as every eligible candidate would get the campus they desired....So, all the best

And regarding degrees...let me be frank with you...I think IBS wont be the first choice of yours...and believe me for it's standard, it need not be the last as well......And regarding your degrees..only IBS Hyderabad provides a UGC recognized degree...as by now I think you all are aware that IBS Hyderabad Campus has been granted a DEEMED UNIVERSITY Status...You can check for the confirmation on UGC Website...As far as other campuses are concerned...I doubt they give only PGDMs.....But for placements sake I would rate the campuses in this order
1) Mumbai - (Especially if you are looking for good placements in Finance - As most of good Finance companies are based in Mumbai)
2) Hyderabad
3) Gurgaon
4) Bangalore

Regarding placements....till nw half the batch got placed....and still lot more companies are lined up for placements...highest being 12L ctc and avg. of 6.5L (till nw)...Some of the recruiters are

Nestle, JPMC, JPMC-TSS, UBS-VKS, DE Shaw, CBRE, ICICI, HDFC, TAS, TCS, HCL (Tech, Infosystems, Comnet), SBI Life, Futures First, Tata Capital, eclerx, Irevna, Tally, Havells, Facebook, Alexandria, Radio City, GVK Bio, Tata Housing Finance, Vedanta, Tata Technologies, Cushman & Wakefield, ICICI Securities, Kotak Securities, Energy Infra, Srei Infra, AMROP, Bharati Axa, Brandscapes,DBOI, FINO, GVK Bio, IIFL, Ibexi, IMRB, L&T; Finance, MAQ, Firstapex, Maruti Suzuki, Netelixir, Pipal research, Factset, Telcon and few others............:cheerio:

Will reply to your other queries soon

The information posted on Placements is for HYDERABAD Campus...but heard that other campuses are also doing well on placements front this year....especially Mumbai (Well the reason being the strength)...Anyways hv a gr8 day friends...will catch you later

What is the fee structure of ibs,hyderabad?
Is there any provision of scholarships??

Yes...The fee here(Hyderabad) is very high...11L for the whole course (this includes ur accommodation, mess fee, books, tution fee)...but if u r in top 20%(i guess)...in IBSAT...u would get max 2L as tution fee waiver....but i donno if this scholarship is still there...and there is a merit scholarship..every sem top 20% get scholarships based on their SEM GPAs...with top 5% getting 1.35L, nxt 5% - 1L, nxt 10% - 75k every SEMESTER....(this is in addition to the 2L i mentioned before). To make it clear 2L I said for IBSAT is wat u get for being in top bracket in IBSAT..and the merit scholarship is for those who perform well in acads..there is a merit cum means scholarship as well if your parent's earning pa is less than some prescribed amount...u need to submit some proofs for this...I hope this information would help

I think the infra here is awesome...i would say one of the best in the country...
Sport Facilities are awesome...they have indoor stadium for Squash, Shuttle...there r tennis courts, basket ball and volley ball courts, cricket ground...shuttle and indoor game facilities in every hostel building...Swimming Pool etc

Forgot to mention that the fee includes the amount for LAPTOP as well....2008-10 batch got HP, '11 got ACER, '12 got DELL, hv to see wat '13 batch gets...Acer was pathetic of the three..HP was good, DELL was the best (in terms of the features and configuration)

what is the scenario of placements??

I already mentioned about it in my previous posts...please refer...for ur info...Highest being 12L CTC , Avg 6.5L+....till nw...(top 25% 7.5L+ - till nw). Some companies I missed out in the previous post regarding placements - WIPRO BPO, Dr.Reddy's, Telcon, Universal Consultancy, Factset, Intelnet etc

career 360 magzine says tht ibs hyderabad is nt affiliated from any recognised degree??? is ths true ??

But let me be frank with you ppl....with the kind of strength they have here...they wont let you have multiple placements except on day 0 to day 2 of the placements...So you have to be careful..Anyways companies visiting on these days would be very good ones..:grin:

:lookround:On the flip side after the 1st week, students here start to feel the heat of the competition, but good opportunities come your way if u hold ur nerve....For you to bag good jobs - you shld follow the following guidelines

1) Be clear on why u want to do an MBA
2) Be clear on Sectors you are interested to work in
3) Look for good profiles - dont give in for pressure or package if you are really looking for a good profile and good growth prospects

Hi Devena,

I guess UGC Website doesn't lie to you if you think I am misguiding you...So please visit the follwing link

:::Deemed University - University Grants Commission :::
::: - University Grant Commission :::

Under the 2nd one click on 8th option and then click on AndhraPradesh...You will find list of Deemed Universities in AP and then click on ICFAI there to kw more details....

I think this is clear....

For a Deemed University and for a UGC recognized degree...the college need not be affiliated to any University...as UGC declared the college itself a University....I hope I'm clear here....if you still have doubts...u can post them frankly

what is micro presentation.can any1 elucidate?