All about IIM Bangalore ===> Post here

Hi all, All u want to know about IIMB which we student can get info about will be provided here… post ur queries here… I hope to see majority of junta at IIMB next year… IIMB rocks… :: :: :: Regards Mohit

Hi all,

All u want to know about IIMB which we student can get info about will be provided here....
post ur queries here.... I hope to see majority of junta at IIMB next year....
IIMB rocks...

Regards
Mohit

hi
i had a c.l teacher who just came for one day n he was a alumni of iimb.
he was tellin us all about iima etc etc.he told us tht while iima &iimb; are a bit biased towards english while iimc about quants.he also said that it is the main reason why the placements in the finance branch are so good at iimc.is it true that iimb is a bit biased towards english n d.i scores rather than quants???

hi
i had a c.l teacher who just came for one day n he was a alumni of iimb.
he was tellin us all about iima etc etc.he told us tht while iima &iimb; are a bit biased towards english while iimc about quants.he also said that it is the main reason why the placements in the finance branch are so good at iimc.is it true that iimb is a bit biased towards english n d.i scores rather than quants???

Hi,

Its not like what is told at usual coaching insitiutes... see yes i do agree that there are sections which are given more preference at some iims... but there is no said rule about that.. last year i got only 89 in VA and had only one IIM call i..e. B so there are thousands of factors which are taken into consideration while giving out a call... last year B shocked all by the way ppl were called... still we are not able to find out what was the rationale behind that... but it seemed work exp junta + ppl having excellent past academic record were given preference (this is also unoffical and my personal exp)...
so the best thing would be prepare for all sections equally with special attention to one where u are weak....
Junta I will try to be as regular as possible to reply to ur queries as we are on rare 14 days break till 9th oct ... after that frequency may decrease...
I urge my batchmates praveen etc to jump in....

Regards
Mohit
Hi all,

All u want to know about IIMB which we student can get info about will be provided here....
post ur queries here.... I hope to see majority of junta at IIMB next year....
IIMB rocks...

Regards
Mohit

hey bos nice initiative

can u throw some light on the kinda cat score that u guys (avg or somethin) have....

i'm under the impression that the CAT score is a MAJOR MAJOR factor right upto the final selection

Hi...

I have a bit unique question.

As u know IIMA follows Harvard Model of Case Studies & IIMC follows MIT Model of Theory & Quantitative Approach.

Where does IIMB stand between this IIMA model V/s IIMC model??? What is IIMB's approach or what's IIMB Model ???

hey bos nice initiative

can u throw some light on the kinda cat score that u guys (avg or somethin) have....

i'm under the impression that the CAT score is a MAJOR MAJOR factor right upto the final selection

yes CAT is a major major factor here to get into... generally 99+ overall with decent sectional break up is needed... but as i said last year was an exception with as high as 99.9 were not called while i was called with a percentile of 98.48/99/96/89 (overall/quant/di/va) and i have a friend who was also given the final call with 97.7 as the overall cat percentile and 92ish + individual break ups.....
Hi...

I have a bit unique question.

As u know IIMA follows Harvard Model of Case Studies & IIMC follows MIT Model of Theory & Quantitative Approach.

Where does IIMB stand between this IIMA model V/s IIMC model??? What is IIMB's approach or what's IIMB Model ???

Each method has some positives....

IIMB believes is taking best of best from whatever is available... and there fore the method here is mix of both case approach with theory... needless to say taking best of all means we leave out worst of all others..... :))
monuguru Says
yes CAT is a major major factor here to get into... generally 99+ overall with decent sectional break up is needed... but as i said last year was an exception with as high as 99.9 were not called while i was called with a percentile of 98.48/99/96/89 (overall/quant/di/va) and i have a friend who was also given the final call with 97.7 as the overall cat percentile and 92ish + individual break ups.....

i assume u guys have some work ex under ur belt..... hows the scene for freshers
buzzeG Says
i assume u guys have some work ex under ur belt..... hows the scene for freshers

yes myself and my friend whom i talked abt had 2 years of work exp...
for fresher junta best bet would be to have high 99 overall percentile and decent (above 90 sectional breakups)

Regards
Mohit
yes myself and my friend whom i talked abt had 2 years of work exp...
for fresher junta best bet would be to have high 99 overall percentile and decent (above 90 sectional breakups)

Regards
Mohit

thnks for da info ..... its always better to size up da adversary!!!! and not end up tryin to fight da wind mill!!!!

I am BA with Economics but have done 12th in Science streme with PCM.

And I have a crush for Operations, Quant. Research, Systems etc. "For Engineers only" kind of areas. Can you tell me about how non-B.Tech/non-B.Sc. students are performing in such areas & which kind of job profiles are they getting?? Do they get more hard core tech. oriented profiles like a B.Tech+MBA would get or do the get just Marketing of Techno products kind of supporting profiles only ???

Hi Mohit, although i knew the criteria for final selections change every year but are the guyz having bad acads..r at a big disadvantage??(like for A). what range of CAT score do you think will offset it??

I am BA with Economics but have done 12th in Science streme with PCM.

And I have a crush for Operations, Quant. Research, Systems etc. "For Engineers only" kind of areas. Can you tell me about how non-B.Tech/non-B.Sc. students are performing in such areas & which kind of job profiles are they getting?? Do they get more hard core tech. oriented profiles like a B.Tech+MBA would get or do the get just Marketing of Techno products kind of supporting profiles only ???

For this give me time and once i am back at college will get back with app ans
deepu Says
Hi Mohit, although i knew the criteria for final selections change every year but are the guyz having bad acads..r at a big disadvantage??(like for A). what range of CAT score do you think will offset it??

have 99.5 + percentiles....
i have a friend with ordinary BE score but then he got 99.93 in CAT and all six calls...
but again as i said no fixed formula
deepu Says

Well a little late on this thread. Hope i am not intruding monu.I personally don't have great BE acads but with an overall 99.85% . But as is common with IIM'S the selection procedure is a well hidden secret.

p.s:There seems to be so little talk about IIM Bangalore
Well a little late on this thread. Hope i am not intruding monu.I personally don't have great BE acads but with an overall 99.85% . But as is common with IIM'S the selection procedure is a well hidden secret.

p.s:There seems to be so little talk about IIM Bangalore

cool... hold on to your nerves.... the results are just about to come...
monuguru Says
cool... hold on to your nerves.... the results are just about to come...

Can you please elaborate on the same Sir... The results are about to come... WHEN???????
Umax Says
Can you please elaborate on the same Sir... The results are about to come... WHEN???????

sorry if i sounded too early on results... i meant to say that results will be out in 15-20 days... so chillax....
can u tell me wat is the limit for eligibility for the lateral placements program?? i know it is 22 months for IIMC, but can't seem to find nething about this on the other institutes' sites...