Alarming Study : Indian & Chinese MBA Applicants Face Much Higher Rejection Rates

Anyone who is applying to MBA abroad,do read this article. MBA applicants from India and China face significantly higher rates of rejection by many top U.S. business schools than either domestic candidates or those from Europe or Latin Americ…

Anyone who is applying to MBA abroad,do read this article.

MBA applicants from India and China face significantly higher rates of rejection by many top U.S. business schools than either domestic candidates or those from Europe or Latin America, according to a new study by Poets&Quants.; In some cases, the acceptance rate for U.S. citizens is four to five times higher than the rate of acceptance for Indian and Chinese applicants.

View the full article here-
Indian & Chinese MBA Applicants Face Much Higher Rejection Rates | Poets and Quants

Admission officials say there are many reasons for the discrepancy between the size of the international applicant pool and the students ultimately enrolled at their schools, from a need to craft more balanced and diverse classes to language difficulties that make some international students less attractive to the job market. No less important, they say, is their own inability to meet the expectations of students from China and India to stay in the U.S. and gain visas to work here after graduation.

All of this is already anyway true. It's just that now you have numbers to show it. Visa, I/I/M, ability to pay the fees, potential to find a job are all factors that the school must consider before admitting somebody.

Well the amount of indians and chinese people applying is high cause the population is high so the rejects will also be high
Plus as they guy above me said , visa , I/I/M profiles, poor networking abilities etc all result in high rejections