aiming for GMAT JAN 2010

Hi, I am aiming to give GMAT in Jan 2010. Please help me with the preparation material and guidelines as I have no idea how to kickstart my preparation.

Hi,

I am aiming to give GMAT in Jan 2010. Please help me with the preparation material and guidelines as I have no idea how to kickstart my preparation.

Hi,

Same here... I am currently in London but would love to know the rules, regulations, thoughts and finally how to take up the exam and the entire procedure to carry out for GMAT exams.

Kindly help me in this regard.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ganesh Raam R

Hi,

Iam planning to write GMAT in 2010. Can some one help me how to start preparation for GMAT.And also what are the books/materials/online I need to go through for getting good score in GMAT.

Some one please help on this...I really need help on this

Thanks

Hi,

Iam planning to write GMAT in 2010. Can some one help me how to start preparation for GMAT.And also what are the books/materials/online I need to go through for getting good score in GMAT.

Some one please help on this...I really need help on this

Thanks

Hi Puys,
Welcome to PG, advice you to visit different threads and posts and gather knowledge about it !

All the Best !
Hi,

Same here... I am currently in London but would love to know the rules, regulations, thoughts and finally how to take up the exam and the entire procedure to carry out for GMAT exams.

Kindly help me in this regard.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ganesh Raam R

Hi Ganesh,
Please visit official GMAT website i.e mba.com and you will find all authentic answers for most of your queries.

Hi!
I'm planning on giving GMAT in Jan 2010, mainly for ISB, Hyderabad (Class of 2012)
I just started work 2 months back as a research analsyt, and am planning on doing an MBA in Finance.
My plan of action is - study for GMAT by myself, and once I start giving mock GMATs seriously, see if I am improving or not. If not, then I may join a coaching institute to get help. That step would probably postpone my date to give the GMAT, but I'm currently trying to give it successfully in Jan.
The first thing I need is GMAT Official Guide 12th ed. Currently, I am waiting for my cousin to give it to me. If he can't in 2-3 days, I'm going to buy it. I have collected some info from other threads on PG about which books to use for GMAT. I shall come to them as and when the time comes.
I'm going to try posting here everyday, to update on how much I have covered, and discuss any problems. I think all of us need to get more active on this thread, and start posting Quant/DI/Verbal/AWA/general GMAT queries/problems!!!

Hi,

Could anyone tell me some good website name where I can get GMAT guide..

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

Hi Guys,
I am also aiming for GMAT Dec 2009. I was suggested to start from OG12.

Anyone from chennai who is having OG 12 can please help me. Please give me contact number.

Sumit

hi..puys..

Could you tell me where to start from for GMAT preparation..and how to get a good score..

Hi!
I'm planning on giving GMAT in Jan 2010, mainly for ISB, Hyderabad (Class of 2012)
I just started work 2 months back as a research analsyt, and am planning on doing an MBA in Finance.
My plan of action is - study for GMAT by myself, and once I start giving mock GMATs seriously, see if I am improving or not. If not, then I may join a coaching institute to get help. That step would probably postpone my date to give the GMAT, but I'm currently trying to give it successfully in Jan.
The first thing I need is GMAT Official Guide 12th ed. Currently, I am waiting for my cousin to give it to me. If he can't in 2-3 days, I'm going to buy it. I have collected some info from other threads on PG about which books to use for GMAT. I shall come to them as and when the time comes.
I'm going to try posting here everyday, to update on how much I have covered, and discuss any problems. I think all of us need to get more active on this thread, and start posting Quant/DI/Verbal/AWA/general GMAT queries/problems!!!

We are on the same boat, i have started working 2 months back as a Quality Analyst and started with GMAT prep 2 weeks ago... studying OG12 currently. I am considering dec/jan for GMAT.Which books are you studying recently ?

Regards,
Starwalker. :)

P.S. Check out this link

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat2009-study-group-pune-25037823

Hey guys !

Great to meet you all here. I am planning of taking the GMAT in the Jan- March timeframe. May I suggest you guy share a lil bout yourselves here plz.

Cheers !

We are on the same boat, i have started working 2 months back as a Quality Analyst and started with GMAT prep 2 weeks ago... studying OG12 currently. I am considering dec/jan for GMAT.Which books are you studying recently ?

Regards,
Starwalker. :)

P.S. Check out this link

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat2009-study-group-pune-25037823

@starwalker: i've not started studying yet, just collecting info on what books to use and how to go abt studying for GMAT. I already have OG11 from a friend, and my cousin might provide me with OG12. Little confused though...how much of a difference is there between the two? Should I do both? Or only 1 will suffice?
My cousin gave his GMAT a few months back and scored a 740. He suggested doing OG and Kaplan - says that's enough to prepare.
And about all the info i've collected from the net in the last one week, I think a lot of it is pretty useful. I'll try putting it all together and posting it here by tomm.

@ shinjini

hi,

your cousin scored pretty well.... regarding OG11, i myself have started with OG12, so no clue about OG11. I will be getting kaplan once done with OG12. BTW, where are you located ?

regards,
starwalker.

hi,
can anyone please help me about GMAT material who is in chennai ?

Hi, Could someone send me OG12 softcopy through email. My id is [email protected]

Jaishu

@ shinjini

hi,

your cousin scored pretty well.... regarding OG11, i myself have started with OG12, so no clue about OG11. I will be getting kaplan once done with OG12. BTW, where are you located ?

regards,
starwalker.

i'm in delhi. and...i'm thinking of starting with princeton review...then giving the OG12 diagnostic test...and then doing OG12...what do u think? the reason i wanted to start with princeton review is cos they have all these shortcuts/strategies that I thought I could apply while practising questions from OG12- that way I get more practise using the right strategies...right????
shinjini Says
i'm in delhi. and...i'm thinking of starting with princeton review...then giving the OG12 diagnostic test...and then doing OG12...what do u think? the reason i wanted to start with princeton review is cos they have all these shortcuts/strategies that I thought I could apply while practising questions from OG12- that way I get more practise using the right strategies...right????

Hi Shinjini,

Princeton is a good book to start with (Quant). The strategies for Data Sufficiency and other techniques like Joe Bloggs and POE are very useful. My quant score in diagnostic tests have improved significantly. Once you are done with Princeton, you can go ahead with OG (which you will feel easier). After that, it is good to go with Kaplan for advanced preparation but remember that Kaplan is poor in giving questions like probablity and Permutations. All the best!

Raghav
Hi Shinjini,

Princeton is a good book to start with (Quant). The strategies for Data Sufficiency and other techniques like Joe Bloggs and POE are very useful. My quant score in diagnostic tests have improved significantly. Once you are done with Princeton, you can go ahead with OG (which you will feel easier). After that, it is good to go with Kaplan for advanced preparation but remember that Kaplan is poor in giving questions like probablity and Permutations. All the best!

Raghav

thanks a lot!!! i was plannin on doing kaplan after OG anyway...but u just confirmed it for me! btw...i have version 8.2 of The Princeton Review Manual for the GMAT...a frnd gave it to me...i think it might be used for their classroom teaching...can i use this only? or should i buy their "Crack the GMAT" book? And which Kaplan book should I buy?