AIMCAT1211 doubt..please help

Hi Guys, On a planet bazooka, (Quant -Q->5,6),…question of AIMCAT1211…i am not able to understand the solution given by TIME …can somebody please help… Thanks Rohit

Hi Guys,

On a planet bazooka, (Quant -Q->5,6),......question of AIMCAT1211.....i am not able to understand the solution given by TIME ....can somebody please help......

Thanks
Rohit

.. Because there are 11 distinct digits the base of the number system is 11.
Next, they say that a new number 'q' is inserted between 5 and 6 .. such that it satisfies q-5 = 6-q,
we observe that due to the new number, nos. after q would move 1 place each .. hence, to evaluate the value of q from the above relation, we treat 6 -> 7 .. 7 -> 8 .. and so on till .. 10 -> 11 ..
using this we get .. q = 6 ..

The rest of the questions can be easily solved keeping in mind :
1. The base is 11.
2. The nos. 6 7 8 9 10 represent 7 8 9 10 11.

i hope this helps .. Please shoot any queries you have .. 😃 ..

When q is to be inserted between 5 and 6 , how q gets the value of 6 based on q-5=6-q and how first question where we need to find '8q', we get as : 9*11+6...

please elaborate

thanks in advance

When q is to be inserted between 5 and 6 , how q gets the value of 6 based on q-5=6-q and how first question where we need to find '8q', we get as : 9*11+6...

please elaborate

thanks in advance

See .. as i had stated .. because of the insertion of a new element .. nos. after 5 would shift 1 place each in value.
Hence, in evaluating q-5 = 6-q, please take 6 = 7.

Also, in the first question ..
8q should have been = 8*10 + q
but since we know .. base has changed from 10 to 11 and 8 has the value = 9 ..
Hence 8q = 9*11 + 6 .. :cheers::cheers: ..

Hope it clears off your doubts ..