AIMCAT 2205 Discussion (October 2021)

VARC -22 ,very slow to start with .
DILR -14 , was difficult really tough for me.
Quant -42 , found most of the question of similar type .
OA: 78 , really do not know were my heading with these scores.

Aimcat 2205

VARC-54 (19 C/5 W)
DILR-26 (9 C/1 W)
QA-49 (17C/3 W)
OA-129 (45 C/9 W)

1 Like

44/21/60

Hope to maintain this accuracy in va and qa

2 Likes

IMS varc would be nice if they give reasonable explanations in video solutions half the time they just say kuch bhi xD

3 Likes

Other than Time which other between CL and IMS will be better???

@shinigami1704 @particularbass @james_og
Sahi pakde ho sablog…I had noticed this very early in the season:

At that time, I was solving 2018 mocks for practice. Stopped immediately and switched to 2019 mocks because I knew they would repeat all the year 2018 RCs/sets in many mocks going ahead. :sleepy:

Infact, at the beginning of the season, even IMS repeated some RCs from their previous year ka mocks…(But that was only in PreSIMs so theek tha…)

That VARC score…dayum… :exploding_head:

VARC - 38 (13C/15A)
DILR - 21 (7C/7A)
QA - 36 (12C/13A)
OA - 95 (32C/35A)

Again, tanked an easy mock that could’ve been a confidence booster for D-Day :man_facepalming:t4:

VARC- No matter how fast I try to attempt/increase my pace, I could never attempt the entire section in all the mocks so far :sob:
DILR- Took too much time on the 2 easy sets and missed marking 1 question in that as well(Temperature DI set)
QA- Same as VARC, should’ve attempted more.
OA- Tanked an easy mocks due to lack of speed :sweat:
Definitely a ~120Marks sort of test

1 Like

VARC 33
DILR 33 (should’ve attempted more)
QA 41
OA: 107

utter shit everytime. isiliey meko CL ka CDC sahi lagta. Gejo Sir realistic explanationd dete h

itna easy tha kya VARC jo 58 phode h kuch log… yaha to attempt ni huye h utne k

1 Like

I took all 3. AIM SIM CL. Aim seems easy so tanking it . not giving much. CL has been giving consistent efforts but due to low pool of students many wont suggest. but i feel its good and then SIM is like perfect CAT. its just unka varc explanation meko samajh ni ata h kuch khas

1 Like

VARC: 34
DILR: 21
QA: 54
OA: 109
:confused:

1 Like

40/36/56
OA - 132

As all have said, it was a bad mock. Definitely had attempted one of the RCs in RC 99 i think.

VARC : 55
DILR: 21 (Very poor accuracy :slightly_frowning_face: )
QA: 42
OA: 118

It was an easy mock but happy that I was able to get the required score. Definitely helps in boosting confidence during the final leg.
VARC and QA were easy.
DILR my eternal nemesis. I had 13 attempts but only 8 correct.

1 Like

55/24/32/111
Taking mock after completing work is a bad idea, fortunately paper seemed bit on the easier side

2 Likes

Which sets did you do? And which one are you labelling as doable?

I had given initially the 5 6 mocks nd they weren’t doing decent on framing the mocks…repeatedly making unusually easier mocks nd sometimes unusually tough which are totally irrelevant to CAT, then the always picked nd till now even out of 4 5 sets, 1 2 are people say from Shankar Sir’s Playlist nd some from prev yr mocks nd what not from. What r they even doing while making a mock except for copying…then QA also a complete mess up where they don’t even know what to give as if some person totally unknown to CAT is setting the paper.
Same must be the case with VARC as u r also telling nd all this made me stop taking AIMCATs seriously after those initial 5 6…now it’s just that I’m giving them just for the sake that I’ve brought them otherwise no interest.
Kudos to CL this yr who hardly got 1or2k test takers till last yr for bringing in some quality mocks with the CDCs nd hence the test takers have also grown in number. They r trying hard to bounce back into the game.
Rest, IMS …there is no need to say anything just their quality of each mocks speaks for itself. Pure brilliance in question setting nd balanced paper with varying level and if not for their VARC to some extent(which I feel a bit unagreed with), their analysis is almost perfect with brilliant strategies, solutions nd tricks given with each mock. Also they have the highest number of test takers for obvious reasons with more than 16k giving each mock. That’s the reason why I like SIMCATs the most.

1 Like

honestly simcats would be goated if they plugged the varc hole a little. the questions in mocks are amazing but the answer reasoning for some is really 1head

1 Like

20/36/48 104