AIMCAT 1204 (please do not open if you have not given the test yet)

Starting the thread for AIMCAT 1204 Start date:29 September 2011 End date: 1 October 2011 A poll has also been added… do vote All the best puys ::

Starting the thread for AIMCAT 1204

Start date:29 September 2011
End date: 1 October 2011

A poll has also been added... do vote

All the best puys

Attempts: 45A (29C, 16W) = 19A (13C, 6W) + 26A (16C, 10W)
Score : 71
looked as a easy paper, low accuracy from my side.
should increase accuracy and speed in SEC 1, accuracy in SEC 2 .

QA/DI: 27/0 - 81-99.99%ile;) AIR 1
8 min was remaining after I attempted these 27 qns, STill took no chance in rest 3 qns Finally seemed errata free

VA/LR: 18/10 - 44-94.09%ile
VA still haunts me Cause of worry because VA doesn't improve overnight. Anyways, gave my best in RC,CR etc, still that wasn't good enough 😞
Why no PJ again!!:shocked:
LR of EFL was of my weakness, got 2 wrong 😞 easy one, could have got 8 more

OA: 45/10 -125---99.98%ile:cheerio:AIR - 4
Yo!! My 2nd >=120 score of the NEW pattern AIMCAT

What material are you preparing from for SEC-1 ? well done! in this part.

QA/DI: 27/0 - 81:wow:;) 8 min was remaining after I attempted these 27 qns, STill took no chance in rest 3 qns
VA/LR: 18/10 - 44VA still haunts me, n one of LR set(25-27: EFL one) was my weakness, made all guesses in the set Cause of worry because it doesn't improve overnight. Anyways, gave my best in RC,CR etc, still that wasn't good enough :(
OA: 45/10 -125 Yo!! My 2nd >=120 score of the NEW pattern AIMCAT

high Says
Technically nothing much,, just focussing on speed and accuracy,,, yeah, Practised 2-3 topics, that are not my strength, 4m Arun Sharma n Upadhyay.. n took all L-2 n L-3 sectional tests of CL, and unproctored mock (old patterns) of same as sectional tests, for practising ... Hope it helps. ATB, buddy!!

Seemed to be an easy one. But I always end up messing up on the accuracy when the test is on easier side.

Sec 1 -> 12C 6W 30
Sec 2 -> 13C 12W 27

OA -> 25C 18W 57

Its the final lap now and my accuracy is all messed up. Dont know where I'm making the mistakes. Moreover how to get back to scoring decently so as to gain that confidence coz ultimately it all comes down to the confidence level.

the paper was tougher than 1205 ??

Paper looked so easy....maybe a bit too easy for me as i think i have overlooked a lot...
as for me, i got 28 in section-1 and 36 in section -2
my overall is 64

aditirathi Says
the paper was tougher than 1205 ??

Not tougher... more or less same level... also no PJ in VA/LR like last one...
:cheerio:
QA/DI: 27/0 - 81;)
8 min was remaining after I attempted these 27 qns, STill took no chance in rest 3 qns Finally seemed errata free

VA/LR: 18/10 - 44
VA still haunts me Cause of worry because VA doesn't improve overnight. Anyways, gave my best in RC,CR etc, still that wasn't good enough 😞
Why no PJ again!!:shocked:

OA: 45/10 -125:cheerio:
Yo!! My 2nd >=120 score of the NEW pattern AIMCAT

congrts:):)

how do u practice fr section 1..all 27 questions correct in 60 mins
pls guide

QA/DI -
14 A , 7 correct, 7 wrong score 14.0

VA/LR -

18 A, 12 correct, 6 wrong score 30.0

OA

32 A, 19 Correct, 13 worng score only 44 😞

@snayak89 pls suggest solution for some QA questions

How did u do that 4n+2 class students wala question?
4n+2 students.. total no of ways arranging all boys/gals are x(if no two boys and no two gals are tghtr)

then no increased by 50%
so no of ways wuld be:

a)3x/2
2) (2n+1)!x
3) x*x*x
4) none of these

ques: two identical container, petrol person is mixing [petrol and kerosene
then first he removed some petrol into empty one.and replaced it wth kerosene in 1st one

then repeat it and remove some content frm 1st to 2nd one
so conc of petrol in 2nd one cant be|:

1) more thn 75%
2) at most 50%
3) less than 75%

how mny statmnts are true

\ques: one sphere is in cylinderical vessel,
so what can be possible value/values of ratio of cylinderial vessel unoccupied volume/ spherical volume?

1) 33.33%
2) 50%
3)
4)
etc etc

etc etc

Wait for 3 days and you will get the solutions from TIME.

Don't post questions on the thread before the test window is over.

Okayish mock after horrible 1205.

OA : 104 (40C 16 W)

Sec-1 : 56 (21R 7W) I had gone crazy today with my attempts. Too many risks and flukes but still was expecting a 65+ score.

Sec-2 : 48 (19R 9W) Crazy paper. Even one of the LR set was from my only weakness in the LR section. Random VA. No PJs. Grammar has become the new mantra for TIME.

Hi guys..gave aimcat 1204....I landed up with 65....found RCs tough....wat do u guys think...?

How did u do that 4n+2 class students wala question?
4n+2 students.. total no of ways arranging all boys/gals are x(if no two boys and no two gals are tghtr)

etc etc

pls dont post questions from the aimcat during the aimcat window!! pls del tht post....u can post them once the window is closed...

Good score abhishek....kindly suggest some good books in quant section that u prepare from...I scored 38 in quant...i think i can greatly improve my score....as i am able to solve almost all questions during analysis. Plz suggest to improve speed. What is your strategy for quant?

my scrs:
sec-1: 16A 13C 3W : 36
sec-2: 24A 17C 7W : 44
OA: 40A 30C 10W: 80

an easy paper....expecting a lot of 100+ scrs....

Wait for 3 days and you will get the solutions from TIME.

Don't post questions on the thread before the test window is over.

yeah sudnt post ans now as many students see this b4 giving test(vch sudnt b ideal caseas it gives a feel of level of paper)......sent in pvt mssg, check it

I am a fresher myself n my strength has been quant 4m begnning of pre,, what I can suggest u is practise, practise n practise,,,, there r lots of sectional tests in CL, TIME, even unproctored mocks(old pattern) can be used as sectional tests ,, and there is Arun Sharma n Upadhyay(if u require funda brush up)

yeah abhisek, the LR of FPL was also of my weakness(randomly guessed the 3),,,,, Hope to get it cleared by seeing solution this tym..... Agree vth u totally on TIME's VA. It sucks n a total confidence hammerer n not the right way to see where we stand on VA...