AIM Manila 2008-09: Final Admits!!

Hi folks! *CONGRATULATIONS *to all those who’ve made it to the prestigious Asian Institute of Management at Manila. Now that the list for both intakes - may as well as September is out… Let’s pour in here, share information and dis…

Hi folks!

CONGRATULATIONS to all those who've made it to the prestigious Asian Institute of Management at Manila.

Now that the list for both intakes - may as well as September is out.. Let's pour in here, share information and discuss!

Join the Orkut Community for AIM Manila 2008-09 ADMITS:
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=45776460

More links coming... Let me know if any more links need to be added here!

Let it rolllllllll!!

Hi guys have got admission in May intake. So would meet all ya lucky fellows in May . Would join orkut as soon as i reach india(currently am in dubai(orkut banned in UAE)).

Hi folks!

CONGRATULATIONS to all those who've made it to the prestigious Asian Institute of Management at Manila.

Now that the list for both intakes - may as well as September is out.. Let's pour in here, share information and discuss!

Let it rolllllllll!!

Hi all,

Just checked my mails today.. have got an admit for the September intake.

Congratulations to all others who have been selected.

Cheers,
Vineet

Hi folks!

Let it rolllllllll!!

hi i have been accepted lets start discussion rolling on this site.

any news abt schols, i was told that decision abt schol will be by mid of july.

what abt may guys have you recieved any info abt schols.

Hi Guys,

I just received the mail from the AIM office regarding the details about the course and the fee structure and we are supposed to confirm and pay a sum of 300$ by 28th March...

Hi Guys,

I just received the mail from the AIM office regarding the details about the course and the fee structure and we are supposed to confirm and pay a sum of 300$ by 28th March...

Is this for May intake ?
Or for both intake we need to deposit before 28 th?

Is there anybody from Chennai here ? Please PM me .

I think we got to join with the bangalore guyz .

Is this for May intake ?
Or for both intake we need to deposit before 28 th?

well, I think thats for the MAY intake.... though I am not v sure..... I got a call for the MAY intake...

This is my first post to the forum .

I have been selected for the September Intake .

I have around 10 years of experience . especially in IT. I am married and have a kid of about a year old .

Possibly I may be the only one with this type of profile selected for AIM's MBA . rest of the junta seems to be of a younger age and experience .

I want to know , is anyone else as a similar personal profile, so that we can share a flat just outside the campus (if its possible), alongwith our wives and kids .

Request guys of similar personal profile and who will be coming alongwith thier wives and kids to call me at 0945605060 , so that we can plan together

Regards

10 years and you want to do it from AIM. Maybe you will feel out of place because most of the crowd will be in their mid 20s .

Guys

I called Mr. Damodar two days back , he said your name is there for the May batch . I asked him that i dint get any mails so far he said by tom(18th march) u wil get d mail , but till now no mails....worrying factor is that may is approaching and i need to put up my papers , but no sign of mail so far........... I am planning to call Damodar Sir gain.!!!!

anyone else facing the same dilemna ...............?

Hi bhvp,

I have an admit from AIM (deferred from last year) and I share similar profile as your's. I have close to 7 years work ex in core post my M.Tech. I too have a school going kid. Most likely I shall be taking up the course(MBA) this year so we can explore the possibility of sharing flat.

Regards
KKJ

Hi All

I have begun to feel by looking at the responses in this thread, is that whosoever had attended the GD and PI for AIM admission, as received a final call for joining either the May or September batch. Possibly there was no competition at all. Correct me if I am wrong. Anybody who not received a call yet call Mr. Damodar

Regards

I got the same feeling too

Just not predetmine the term competition ...still a long way to go ......

They have finalised 100 applicants for May and Sept.......and there wud soon be waiting list.....

Cheers
Kshitij

No offence meant man.....jus was suprised with my admit after an average interview .

so does that mean.. there were just 100 or so ppl for the GD/PI??

I feel that figure to be higher..! but I am curious to know that y does AIM picks up so many Indians..!!

Hi All

I have begun to feel by looking at the responses in this thread, is that whosoever had attended the GD and PI for AIM admission, as received a final call for joining either the May or September batch. Possibly there was no competition at all. Correct me if I am wrong. Anybody who not received a call yet call Mr. Damodar

Regards

Yes , I share the same feeling. Maybe the chances of getting a call after applying is close to one. Not a very great feeling.
Hi All

Regards

Hi,

Even somehow i too get the feeling that most of the GD/PI applicants have received final admits. I read somewhere that Mr. Damodar has confirmed that 100 final admits were given to Indian students for the Sep batch. However Damodar also added that going by past experience out of the 100 admits many will drop out for other options, and finally 60 Indian student admits are likely to be there for the Sep batch....... dont know how true this really is!!!

When i spoke to Mr. Damodar during my interview, he mentiond that about 150-160 students had been given GD/ PI calls for AIM from India for the Sept batch (or was that for Mumbai????? can't really remember). Someone else says that in total 300 plus GD/ PI calls were given from India for the Sept batch.............. so some confusion here, i guess.

I have admits frm AIM, Great Lakes, and SP Jain dubai.singapore so far...........awaiting response from HKU and Nanyang...........but out of the earlier 3 admits mentioned, i guess AIM would be best (or i hope so), so will be going for that.

Any others with similar views?????

Cheers!