[AIM-CAT 1106] Scores ,Polls & Discussion (DO NOT OPEN IF U HAVE NOT TAKEN THIS TEST

Puys use this threds for all yours discussions regarding AIMCAT 1106. It is +3 -1 paper with 65 question with QA and DI each 20 and VA 25. PS:I search for AIMCAT 1106 but didn’t find.So starting new thread. If it is already running the mod …

Puys use this threds for all yours discussions regarding AIMCAT 1106.
It is +3 -1 paper with 65 question with QA and DI each 20 and VA 25.

PS:I search for AIMCAT 1106 but didn't find.So starting new thread. If it is already running the mod kindly closed this.

Before the test over i thought i had done pretty well,but the result say some otherway around.

Attempt 44
correct 22
wrong 22
OA 44

I think paper was on easy to moderate level.
QA:easy to moderate
DI:easy to moderate
VA:no comment(not right person)

but dono from where 22 wrong came.

hi guys
my aimcat 1106 score
attempt 55
correct 37
wrong 18
net score 93
couldnt understand wheather paper was easy or not
many quests seemed so easy in the beginning but i coudnt arrive at answer
anyways expecting balanced sectionals(atleast to clear all cut offs)
regards
ganeshprasad

Once again a good paper by time...

found it to be moderate..

but still made lots of mistakes...

attempts---53
score-------67

Puys use this threds for all yours discussions regarding AIMCAT 1106.
It is +3 -1 paper with 65 question with QA and DI each 20 and VA 25.

PS:I search for AIMCAT 1106 but didn't find.So starting new thread. If it is already running the mod kindly closed this.

The paper was of moderate level. So, I would suggest to reconsider the polling range. As what happened in the last thread, maximum number of votes tolled only the first category (

Gave the test just now.

Attempts: 58 (DI-19/VA-22/QA-17)
Correct: 37
Wrong: 21

Score: 90

I still don't get the point of having a 65 question paper. I don't even remember which was the last aimcat having 60 questions and +3/-1 marking.

Tried a totally new strategy.. for one last time...

Attempts : 55
Correct : 34

OA : 81

Should have done much better... Felt it was moderate..but the balance could slightly shift to easier side...
The new strategy was to jump between sections doing 3-4 or a set at a time... dint really help... but glad gave a try...

Dnt knw wt went wr0ng...
Approach was to attempt wid highest accuracy so attempted 34 questions...
DI 13
VA 16
QA 5 (As i always get f**ked up by dis section)

Right - 21
Wrong - 13 :(
OA - 50

Wt to do?? 😲

Changed the strategy for this AimCAT.

LDI : 17
VA : 17
QA: 11

OA: 45 34C 11W
Score: 91

Attempted: 48
C: 33
Wrong: 15
OA: 84

Could have scored more if i had kept my wits about myself.

61oa 25c 14w
disgusted wid myself...

Gave the test just now.

Attempts: 58 (DI-19/VA-22/QA-17)
Wrong: 21

Score: 90

I still don't get the point of having a 65 question paper. I don't even remember which was the last aimcat having 60 questions and +3/-1 marking.

perhaps the only reason which i can think of regarding 4/1,65Q/70Q paper is that TIME has prepared those papers well in advance...and now they don't want to set another papers...if there intention was to surprise us...they should first know what surprise literally means...now it seems 60Q-3/1 paper comes as a surprise to us...which should not be the case...

anyways let us take the positives from here too...we are practicing for 65/70 questions in 135 minutes...so CAT will definitely be a tad easier for us....

Gave AIMCAT just now...
Almost forgot that i have an AIMCAT scheduled here, came to check score of my previous AIMCAT and gave new AIMCAT...lol
my Score
Attempt: 25
Correct:17
Wrong : 8
Oh god How to increase the number of attempts.. particularly in VA....
Have a AIMCAT 1107 in two days time....Guys any suggestions how to improve number of attempts in VA....

Seems that I am entering a slump again.
A:47
c:30
W:17

OA:73
Attepted 22 in VA, 16 in DI and 9 :banghead::banghead::banghead: in Quant. (Though I concentrated on accuracy in quant this time.)

These 17 wrongs would be coming mostly from VA and some from DI. I only marked answers in quant when I was able to come to the final answer. Let's see if that helps. Am still frustrrated over the fact tht I missed the quant cutoff in 1108 even after having scored a ton.

Attemted 53
correct 31
wrong 22
OA 71

Dunno when i ll be able to increase my accuracy in VA. Attempted 19 in DI, found it to on easy level. QA was easy to moderate. My negatives are mostly in VA. Hope so it doesn happen on 3rd NOV ..

att:47
corr:35
wr:12(va killed me)
oa:93

a respite afta a forgetable 1108(went off miserably horrible due 2 experimentation in stratergy )
found qa easy to moderate......lrdi solvable but calculation rich....va....hmm.....cnt comment on tht:)
Overall a balanced ppr(in terms of difficulty)

Attempts: 51 (VA-23,LDI-16,QA-12)
Wrong: 14
OA: 97

(Missed the ton by 3, did not think the paper was that easy, nor was it that hard. Pretty good paper overall)

Hoping to not miss out on the Quant cut-off again as i did inspite of scoring a 108 in 1108 😞

took it today at 3pm

Attempts: 42 (64.62%)
C: 33 (Accuracy: 78.57%)
W: 9

Score: 90 (46.15%)

While 90 itself might not be a stellar score, but this time i acieved an accuracy of >75% for the first time this season.

I tried out a new strategy as advised by my mentor at my insti and it worked out well this time. Lets see if it works in future too.

I was asked to decrease my attempts in DI & QA while focussing on accuracy, by selecting and doing just around 10 questions from each of DI & QA. If I still have time within those 40min that i allocate for each section, i could do more.

I started out with VA, my relative strength, attempted all except the vocab questions since all the RC, PC, PJ, FIJ were quite workable.

then DI, attempted 11 questions. Left one whole set, and left some questions from the other sets.The India-Pak Football match LR set was the only one where I attempted all questions.

with 50mins to go, started QA. In the first round identified all the questions from easy areas like percentage, P/L, ratio/proportion, T&W; and solved them. After that i tried to attempt 4 more questions from the other areas like time/speed etc. But was able to do only 3. Missed a progression problem coz i cudn't remember the formula for sum 😞 overall the probable attempt breakup is VA/DI/QA: 22/11/9

attempted : 44
correct : 29
negative : 15:nono:
total : 72

donno where im heading with under 2 months left for "meow"

abstract question but seriously how does one improve on accuracy..??