AIM Admissions

Howdy fellas, I have seen various postings on Asian Institute of Mgmt but found a mix-n-match of good, bad and ridiculous notions regarding this institute therefore I decided to start a new thread exclusively on AIM. I am going to join MBA 0…

Howdy fellas,

I have seen various postings on Asian Institute of Mgmt but found a mix-n-match of good, bad and ridiculous notions regarding this institute therefore I decided to start a new thread exclusively on AIM. I am going to join MBA 05-07 batch this yr (in July) and I hope my experience helps you decide for or against applying for AIM for the next academic yr.

DISCALIMER: Everything contained below is from reading websites and personal interaction with AIM alumni so reader discretion is advisable.

RANKINGS
===========
You can check out the 'The Advice Pages' of mbainfo dot com for comprehensive rankings from multiple sources and spread over many years.

GMAT
========
The minimum GMAT they accept is 600. However, if AIM is the only international B-school one is applying to then one should appear for AIMAT (held in Nov) as it costs only Rs 2500 instead of more than 10K for GMAT. BTW my GMAT score was 700 with 6/6 on AWA.

ESSAYS
=========
In the application there are 14 essays...........yes F-O-U-R-T-E-E-N ................and just like a coin it has two sides.................. the positive being one gets ample opportunity to demonstrate ones experience (professional, academic and general life learnings) .........however the downside is being caught trying to juice up the essays (which happens often)............. they know you are not perfect...............therefore the key is to be honest......Always.

GD
=====
Until last year they had the standard IIM type GD with a current issue thrown in for group members to gladiate on. This year however they have consciously changed the pattern as I guess they are fed up with the fish market scene half way through most of GD. They asked us to enter the room and immediately made partners of two and told us to go out and come back after 5 minutes having known as much about each other. On coming back we were supposed to introduce our partners (much like a business presentation...the whole GD was being video recorded).

My partner happened to be a finance guy with superb work ex. The professor would stop us to say that he is not satisfied and asked partners to vouch for each other and then for himself or herself if he was the only one to be chosen ....basically why should AIM give him/her a chance..........at times egging me against my partner's work exp - that he doesn't really need to do an MBA (and trying to start a cock fight). It went on like this for an hour and half for the whole group........pretty stressful for some people. Basically they wanted to check group dynamics, negotiating and presentation skills. My interview was very relaxed with more of personal questions being put forward. However I heard that for others more of core work-ex related probing questions were being asked.

COST
=========
I have gone through other threads mentioning AIM and found various cost estimates........some even suggest that the cost is upwards of 20 lacs!!!...this is ridiculous................ To clear things please know that the cost of completing the MBA includes tuitions fee of USD 20,000 + dormitory + grub + spending money + air ticket (Rs. 26k return ticket ) + notebook pc (if one does not have) and this comes to a conservative aggregate estimate of Rs 13.5 lacs for the whole of two years. Over and above that the variable cost depends if one is a 'beer guzzler' or a 'milk maniac'. The sad story is that punjab-da-puttars will have to shell out an avg of 65 to 70 rupees for a litre of milk.wheras branded beer is measly Rs. 7 a bottle!!!............filling luggage with powdered milk is advisable while departing from India............while bud-holics can have a two-year long party.

Scholarships are few and far between so don't even rely on that unless you have a public sector or non-profit background.

FYI......1 Philippine Peso ~ 0.80 INR as of March 2005

PLACEMENTS
===============
Be ready for a wait of 3 to 6 months after completion to get placed (same scene in NUS, Nanyang, HKUST). AIM does have a career service dept. but works very different from IIMs...their main role is guidance to students looking for opportunities. Looking for a job at Singapore will cost you living expenses of around Rs 20K per month if staying in grp of 3 to 4.

There is no official info regarding the salary part but rough estimates are that Indian placements usually yield any where between 7 to 14 lacs per annum..........the upper limit mainly reserved for people with extensive experience in managerial capacity. Average placements in Singapore will yield around 4,000 Sing $ (~ 27 INR) per month so that would be around Rs 13 lacs per annum............living expense is appx. 2.5K Sing $. So one can save around 4 - 5 lacs a yr to repay back any loans. What i gather is that summer trainings don't yield much cash savings.........however ongoing campus projects can make one earn Rs 50K to 100k over the 2 yr period. These will be projects mainly from expats wanting to set up biz in Philippines, some from Indian cos looking for biz opportunities in that region others will be from consulting and finance firms............you know the works.

FOOD (very relevant for Indians)
===========================
99% of Philippinos are non-vegitarians mainly consisting of beef, pork, ham, chicken, hen, snakes .........their logic is if it moves you can eat it...............not to mention that non-veg is dirt cheap............so all those PETA enthusiasts be ready for tough times. Restaurants serving veg dishes are rare and massively expensive. Though the silver lining is that you will get an Indian dabba service with north indian food delivered at institute itself........... comes to ard Rs. 35 per meal (tastes like Indian jail food but far better than the yucky tasting Philippino stuff at AIM cafeteria........which incidentally is more expensive). Also there is a Haldiram/Bikaner type outlet near Makati in Manila that serves the general Indian stuff but at an avg of 5 - 10 times the price of the same thing available in India.

REASONS I CHOSE AIM
=======================
1. Apart from IIM-A this is the only b-school of that calibre (in S. Asia) that teaches its entire course in the case-based learning method (probably a legacy of long initial association with Harvard)........so you get the real life feel of the learnings all the time. Also, cross-geography learning teams (whom you spend the better part of day) helps reinforce the core global competencies of participants.

2. The professors are all from the corporate background (CEOs, CFOs, VPs, Board Directors, Sr Mgmt cadre.......etc etc)........this is a huge bonus as it changes the whole paradigm in which problems are discussed and solved.

3. There is a definite branding and reputation associated with AIM. Recent rankings may not tell the entire story as they are temporary and subjective.......class and character is more permanent....and that is something that I feel AIM definitely has.

4. Finally reference from friends already there helped me to take final leap of faith. Also, my elder bro (IIM-B 95 pass out) a senior mgmt professional with a multinational encouraged and recommended AIM.

MY BACKGROUND
===================
To put it short.......a weird mix ............a tech graduate with a computer science degree........totally unrelated work profile ...........worked for 3 yrs in customer relations division of a multinational. Worked in global teams for strategic initiatives as well as fire-fighting regular issues across operational units. Was the top most performer for the client for two consecutive yrs in different capacities. Have volunteered consistently with NGOs (past 8 yrs) like Blind School, Help Age India. Currently volunteering for an animal rights organization. Also, I am an avid quizzer and have taken part in multiple inter-college and corporate quizzes and won some of them too.

I realize this post is lengthy but I hope it helps and wish you luck in your quest for that perfect b-school admission.

--Au Revoir!
IceCube

very enlightening post indeed

DISCALIMER: Everything contained below is from reading websites and personal interaction with AIM alumni so reader discretion is advisable.

good u mentioned

Highly informative post indeed.. thanks Icecube!! 😃

Anytime Buddy!

-IceCube

Hi ICE CUBE ,
how much importance they give to extra curricular activities while selecting a candidate
iam just curious about split % the like
acad's workex, extra curricular activities ,gmat score

will u let me know

thanks in advance

Heres my interview experience:

1) From the group of 6 persons you had in GD, please choose 3 persons whom you would like to see at AIM. Since you would like urself to be selected, take names of other 2 fellows.
.. Why did u choose them?
2) Do you see yourself leading the group of those 6 people (my GD group)? (grilled me on this)
3) Why do you think you have good leadership skills? (grilled me on this)
4) Can you tell me an instance when you led a group?
5) Can you tell me about your 3 big achievements?
6) Professional achievements.. ? Elaborate..
7) (I have merit cerficate in National mathematics olympiad) When did u write this exam? Tell me more about this exam.
How do you plan to finance your AIM MBA?
9) Any questions for us......

Hope it helps..

- Mooz

Hi ICE CUBE ,
how much importance they give to extra curricular activities while selecting a candidate
iam just curious about split % the like
acad's workex, extra curricular activities ,gmat score

will u let me know

thanks in advance

Nags,

I know that my original post was looooong .................but it does'nt mean that I am the decision maker at the board of admissions at AIM :).....

...........well jokes apart...........you see for a prospective student (like me) it is very difficult to pin point what exactly weightage they give to each of these things you mentioned. If you read my post "Carefully" you will find the general requirements. However I still append my comments regarding your particular concerns......

ACADS:
They are definitely not looking for nuclear scientists or nobel wannabees!!!

WORKEX:
I guess being a school of that stature they really are not looking for a particular type of work ex.........in fact they would welcome and encourage student diversity. Min of 2 yrs is what they mention........but some guys with 8+ yrs of work ex have applied and gotten through. If workex is on the lower side then clear demonstration of leadership capability, working in teams (preferably cross-geography ones) and tangible contribution to the project one is involved with are some of the parameters they would look for.......and hazard that the same is applicable in b-schools everywhere..........asia, us, europe.........you know....

ECA:
Hmmm................unable to quantify exactly............. but to say the least is.....that it is very important. I have listed the essay questions below in a separate post.........you will get a fair idea what they are looking for..........majority of questions relate to ECA stuff....so there you go........mooz will be able shed some more light. Wotsay mooz?

GMAT:
Can't exactly say what the lowest was........but I know someone from last year who got in at 640....some even less ..........but no less than 600 is what I hear. If possible the best thing is to appear for the AIMAT organised by AIM in India (costs Rs. 2.5k). It is GMAT pattern but in written format.........and thus some would say a shade easier.

Hope this answers your concern,

BTW give us a little info regarding your background...........everything cant be one way?

-IceCube

AIM Essay Questions (No word limit):
------------------------------------------------------
1. Describe a major extra-curricular activity in college that you feel is very important to you. Explain why you consider it so.

2. Describe a major community activity that you feel is very important to you. Explain why you consider it so.

3. What recognition (distinctions, awards, honours, etc.) have you received in your academic, extra-curricular, business, community and other activities? Which among these do you value the most? Why?

4. Aside from this organization and the last two organizations that you had worked for, what other work experience do you believe will help you during your studies at AIM?

5. Describe your interests and hobbies.

6. Evaluate yourself as a person, discussing in order of importance, the personal characteristics you feel are your weaknesses.

7. Describe what you believe your three most substantial accomplishments are and why you believe them to be such.

8. Describe a situation (in family, school, business, community, etc.) where you felt you had some responsibility. Describe how this situation developed you and what you have learned from the experience.

9. As briefly and explicitly as possible describe why you would want to attend the MBA program.

10. Having decided to attend the MBA programme what steps have you taken to prepare yourself for the course?

11. Other than what you have already written what do you feel will strengthen your application for admission?

12. What are your plans after graduating from AIM?

13. Rank in order of importance, the reasons for choosing AIM:

14. Do you have any impairment or illness which might affect your academic progress or which would necessitate special housing arrangements? If yes, please elaborate.

-IceCube

BTW just FYI,

I received an e-mail inquiry regarding tution fee structure from an AIM confirm candidate........this was my reply.

======================================================
Coming to your query regarding fee structure.........you are right the yearly tution fee is is USD 12,000 each yr but few know that there is a grant-in-aid for certain south asian countries and that includes India. This gives all Indian admits a koool discount of USD 2,000 per annum coming to a total discount of USD 4,000 (for 2 yrs). So the net payment towards tutions will come to USD 20,000.

One does'nt need to pay the entire program fee at one go........the rough break up of all the expenses will be 6.5 to 7 lac for each yr.........so be ready with that amt at the beginning of July each year. If one wishes then there is an installment scheme from AIM itself where the program fee (of USD10,000 each yr) can be broken up into 10 installments of USD 1,033 (paying jul through feb for both yrs). So one would pay USD 330 more per year for an installment linked payment.

There is also a modular payment method where one can pay USD 5,539 and 4,724 (total ~USD 10, 263) in July and November respectively in the first year. The second yr is same except that the 10K is broken into 3 equal parts instead of two.

The above estimate is what the last years students paid and should be the case this year too. I have spoken to the AIM office and was told that the fees structure will most probably not change ..........but was asked to wait for the information packet for all the final details.
======================================================

P.S.
However, the best source of all info still happens to be Dilip Kewat, Admissions Coordi @ Mumbai............call him or drop a mail to him.............he is pretty helpful.

-IceCube

ECA:
Hmmm................unable to quantify exactly............. but to say the least is.....that it is very important. I have listed the essay questions below in a separate post.........you will get a fair idea what they are looking for..........majority of questions relate to ECA stuff....so there you go........mooz will be able shed some more light. Wotsay mooz?

-IceCube

ECA: Yes. These guys put lot of emphasis on ECA.. particularly for junta with less work ex (Hope it helps. Plz revert if any more queries..

- Mooz

Hi ppl,

I am really confused abt the placements scene in AIM. My main concern is ROI(Return on Investment). I will be taking a loan so its really worrying if I am jobless for abt 6 months. I dont mind it as long as i get a job of atleast 12lacs pa. i know i am sounding greedy and that too when i have abt 3years workex only, but thats the only way i can pay off my loan quickly. i guess thats the prob with everybody.
Another issue is the loan itself. Which bank is the best and what are their terms. Pls some1 throw some light on these issues
Ciao
Whipper007

Hey guys correct me if I am wrong.. But after research wat I have deduced is that 'official placements' r held only in India. Outside India, whichever B-school you go (I am not sure about top US schools), it usually takes few months after graduation to get a job.. these B-schools hold placement fairs where employers r invited (This happens only after graduation and it takes about 3-6 months). So I guess job placement is not assured as such, if one plans to do MBA abroad..

- Mooz

Hi Friends,
I came across this site after lots of search on "reviews for AIM". I have got admit from AIM. I am Raghu from Bangalore, a s/w engineer with almost 4 yrs work ex.
Got to know lots of information from icecube's write up. That was reallly cool!.

Bye,
Raghu

Hi
ICE CUBE
FYI
am a mech engg graduate with 4 yrs work ex in s/w in banking domain preparing for gmat

THANX for u info

one more doubt what is AIM INTAKE is there any restriction on the number of students from india?????????????

Thanks in advance

Hi
ICE CUBE
FYI
am a mech engg graduate with 4 yrs work ex in s/w in banking domain preparing for gmat

THANX for u info

one more doubt what is AIM INTAKE is there any restriction on the number of students from india?????????????

Thanks in advance

Last yr (04) MBA program had an intake of 78 out of which 28 were from India and rest were from Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Bhutan Nepal etc etc.

Hope this helps.

Chillax
-IceCube

hi all,

good to see a thread on AIM on PG....there is so little information on this institute. I would like to add my few cents on this.....

AIM is certainly big in the mindspace of aspiring MBAs. However whatever little interactions I have had with AIM make me feel hesitant to go forward....

I attended their info session somewhere in the middle of 2004. A faculty professor by the name of Mr. 'Bing' Azanza and a Ms Marjorie conducted this session. This was held in Cricket Club of India hall at Mumbai.

This was the most unplanned and shoddy session I have ever attended. First of all, there was a technical problem with their audio video, as a result of which, during the the whole session all people concerned had to scream (including Prof Azanza).

Then, this guys had also tied their alumni meet with this session. Due to this, there were more alumni than candidates (about 40-45 odd v/s the 25-30 candidates). The session was planned with cocktails. You can imagine the result...within a few minutes all of these alumni were at the bar and getting drunk..and shouting and backslapping and joking..right next to the damn podium where Prof Azanza was trying to enlighten us all. This is the reason for the screaming all of us had to do..

Prof Azanza had a few cocktails before the session started..so he was also on another planet altogethor....Imagine with all the ruckus going on..he tells us that these alumni have become great friends and so they are celebrating ..and let us allow them to indulge...All he told this alumni was that guys please keep it down.

The AIM ppt was basic....But they went through ppt for both the MBA and MM courses in 20 minutes flat. This ended with some film about AIM students. The question about academic curricula, placement stats etc were just bypassed with general statements. Prof Azanza did highlight the USP of AIM at least 3 different times during this presentation... According to him AIM gets girl students who are 'babes', because of its international ranking.

No jokes...in his words..he said imagine you are in a class with blue-eyes blonde babes...sick...also when he introduced some ex alumni, who were now in upper management in the informal session after the presentaions..there was a reference given that ..hey i remember you used to sit next to so and so...that cute girl..boy was she pretty..

Before attending this session, I had almost made up my mind about applying for AIM, mainly because of its reputation...but after this I decided to skip it....

The summary of AIM that I have been able to get, which might be of interest is as follows; ( I could be wrong..but please correct me...)

1. It is a well known institute. But is it because it is the oldest in the region?
2. There is no placement support, even for lateral placements. They do try to do some roadshows, (where companies may attend). Rest is up to you.
3. MBA is a better program. Their MM program (1 year fulltime) is more valid for people who already have an MBA, and want to add more touchy-feely stuff to their CVs. It teaches things like how to become a leader etc etc.
4. MM & MBA both use the case paper approach in imparting education.
5. I have heard that about 50% seats are reserved for local. Any info on this?
6. Lots of Indian companies are recruiting, as per their claim, but please check if the people getting placements after AIM are getting it on their own or due to the efforts of AIM.
7. I have seen the level and behaviour of their Indian alumni. Believe me, I am not impressed.
8. I have heard that they are trying to push MM. The news on another forum is that in one GD/PI session, out of 16 students...they selected 8 students from interview point itself..but for the remaining 8 they said that GMAT scores were low and hence they would have to do the GD exercise.. Surprisingly the balance 8 people had the highest GMAT score from the entire group. Also, some of these were told that if they opt for MBA they will need to give GD and if they opt for MM they do not need to give GD.
9. They give a 1 year deferral in admission. There was one guy in the session who had deferred his admission last year. Poor guy still had some queries, but inspite of running after Prof Azanza, he got brushed off. When I left he still was as confused as ever.

I believe in the adage that the devil is in the details. From my experience, I am giving this a miss..but please check and doublecheck ....
D

hi all,

further to my post earlier, I am attaching a ppt which their coordinator Dilip had forwarded to me, in response to my queries about placements.

hope this helps.

D

Hey DiScOnTiNuOuS,

It is indeed distressing to hear from you regarding the Mumbai info session.

I restrict my views on the particular session as I was not present and don't know the exact scenario. However, in general I would like to mention that I have been a part of corporate life and have an extensive network of friends and colleagues who are in b-schools or have already done their big "M" and are in industry once again. Now from what I gather from my experience is that if there is a party and that too where old pals get to meet each other there will be a certain amount of ruckus from the participants and that cannot be stopped......one cannot expect the all the alumnis to sip orange juice and sit quiet (unless some are below the legal age limit or are teetotaler like me)..................the alumni meets happen to be a fast track reminiscence (albeit for few hours) of the years spent together at the school.........a welcome respite from the from the sometimes routine drudgery of corporate ties and business suits where one is supposed to be "propah" all the time....basically to have a good time.

The part of your accusation that has some merit is the clubbing any alumni party along with an info session for prospective students........however, even in that case some would say that it happens to be a double edged sword...........on one hand there is the clear danger of an awkward situation developing (as you mentioned) and on the other hand a clear opportunity for the session to go much beyond one way information (from speaker to the audience) and more of one on one interaction with the alumnis for a better picture.............I guess the organizers went wrong regarding the risk-opportunity analysis and eventually the final execution and outcome of the event.

Further, I absolutely agree with you regarding the behavior of the particular gentleman from the school talking sleazy stuff......yes you are right it is shocking especially for a prospective student to hear something like that. It seems that the person in question confused his liberty of speech of an alumni party and extended it to a usually more subdued info session affair for prospective candidates. However, all said and done it would be a sweeping a statement and utter generalization of all the faculty and staff at AIM. In this respect I quote from an e-mail of a close friend of mine who is in the batch that will pass out in '06.

**** "In terms of the facilities and the curriculum, AIM is definitely much ahead of the IIMs. The learning methodology, which is almost 100% case-based, is one differentiating factor. The faculty is quite good and most of them are very responsive. Unlike many of the US or European B-schools, you will never have the problem of not being able to see the profs after the class. The profs offer ample time and guidance to any student who approaches them. In some cases, it is the profs who approach students to inform that they are not doing well and offer guidance on how to improve their performance." ****

You mentioned the technical audio problem............I am sorry I may be wrong but I ask you were the AIM organizers purely to blame for the poor audio quality or other stakeholders like the CCI hall or the audio equipment vendor who provided the audio equipment.............I base my observation on the assumption that AIM people did not fly in their own audio equipment from Philippines for this event in which case the whole blame would lie on AIM.:)

Further I will try to append my thoughts regarding the 9 numbered points you made.

1. It is a well known institute. But is it because it is the oldest in the region?

### You are right one of the advantages of being the oldest institute in the region is sharing the mind space of the prospective b-school applicants along with the corporates that recruit or will recruit in future from this school. But to base the conclusion of being well known on just one assumption is at best being myopic. The reputation of the institute has been reinforced by the initial association with Harvard (who helped set up the insti just like it did for IIMA). As mentioned in my introductory post the professors apart from having superb academic background also have stellar industry experience and thus students get a real world learning experience. Then the entire course being taught through case-method can be rivaled only by a handful of institutes in this region. There can be umpteen things written regarding the insti but I don't want to be the weasel head PR guy and waste your precious time. Perhaps you could check out these links for a clearer picture:

http://www.aim.edu.ph/aboutaim/history.asp
http://www.aim.edu.ph/aboutaim/achievements.asp
http://www.aim.edu.ph/aboutaim/linkages.asp

2. There is no placement support, even for lateral placements. They do try to do some road shows, (where companies may attend). Rest is up to you.

### First please refer to the previous post of mooz...........it goes........"Hey guys correct me if I am wrong.. But after research what I have deduced is that 'official placements' r held only in India. Outside India, whichever B-school you go (I am not sure about top US schools), it usually takes few months after graduation to get a job.. these B-schools hold placement fairs where employers r invited (This happens only after graduation and it takes about 3-6 months). So I guess job placement is not assured as such, if one plans to do MBA abroad."

3. MBA is a better program. Their MM program (1 year fulltime) is more valid for people who already have an MBA, and want to add more touchy-feely stuff to their CVs. It teaches things like how to become a leader etc etc.

### Bang On Target! You are right MM programs around the world (not just in AIM) are usually meant for management professionals who have already tested the waters of leadership. It definitely ranks higher up in the Maslow?s Need Hierarchy Principle.

4. MM & MBA both use the case paper approach in imparting education.

### Yes they do.

5. I have heard that about 50% seats are reserved for local. Any info on this?

### As far as I know there are no reservation of seats for locals (it is an independent b-school) however, I understand that the international students are the ones who subsidize the locals education as they pay a fraction of what we do.

6. Lots of Indian companies are recruiting, as per their claim, but please check if the people getting placements after AIM are getting it on their own or due to the efforts of AIM.

### Once gain I quote my friend from AIM........."Placement is more or less an individual effort. The institute does offer some help but most of the students end up being on their own. To the best of my knowledge, almost all the students from the previous batches have found good enough jobs within a max of 3-4 months after graduation. Most of the Indians get placed in India and Singapore though a few have taken up jobs in Hong Kong, Philippines, and in the Gulf."

7. I have seen the level and behavior of their Indian alumni. Believe me, I am not impressed.

### Please refer to initial part of this post

8. I have heard that they are trying to push MM. The news on another forum is that in one GD/PI session, out of 16 students...they selected 8 students from interview point itself.....but for the remaining 8 they said that GMAT scores were low and hence they would have to do the GD exercise.. Surprisingly the balance 8 people had the highest GMAT score from the entire group. Also, some of these were told that if they opt for MBA they will need to give GD and if they opt for MM they do not need to give GD.

### I may not be right person to judge without knowing the facts first hand from other sources who attended the particular GD session. However, from the people I am in contact with who are readying for Manila or are already there have backgrounds that range from a guy with 9+ years of MNC experience (currently working as a branch mgr with Citigroup) to people from IITs working as mgrs with TELCO and TISCO, Investment Bankers, ppl working as mgmt. consultants, INFOSYS, Shipping industry professionals, ITES professionals, etc, etc.

9. They give a 1 year deferral in admission. There was one guy in the session who had deferred his admission last year. Poor guy still had some queries, but in spite of running after Prof Azanza, he got brushed off. When I left he still was as confused as ever.

### I sympathies with this person. However all said my personal experience as well as experience of others who are readying for Manila has been fabulous with the current students, alumni as well as profs from the institute. If you are in contact with this person then please tell him to contact me I will try and patch someone through at the insti so that doubts can be cleared.
Continued..below...

I hope I have been able to partially allay some of your concerns.

Lastly, just want to add that all of us have choices to make and these choices are dictated by information or prior experience of your own or people around you. Pardon me if I am wrong but it seems that reading your entire post gives me an idea of general discontent and extremely skewed emotions about this particular institute based on a particular incident. I know that PG forum believes in a democratic thought process but to extend that to sweeping statements made on a partial premise I believe would be pushing the envelope a little too far.

Finally, I quote a current batch student who replied to our queries:

?Just remember that any MBA is a big commitment ? in terms of time, effort, money, and lost opportunities. Join AIM only after weighing your options against your present job as well as other admission offers that you might have. AIM offers quality education, good value addition, and is likely to be a wise decision in the long run. However, the immediate returns after graduating (in terms of job) are not as assured as they are in, say, IIMs. Most of us decided to join AIM because we were convinced that we could find a job after graduating. Although it may sound a bit clichd, come to AIM if you are looking
for a career, but not if you just want a job ;-)?

Cheers and Happiness,
-IceCube