AIESEC - Global Internship Program

Hi Guys, Has anyone heard of the Global Internship Program from AIESEC ? I need this info for a friend of mine. He is a B.Com + MBA with about 4+years experience with Reliance group. Specifically is it good for guys having some wor…

Hi Guys,

Has anyone heard of the Global Internship Program from AIESEC ?

I need this info for a friend of mine. He is a B.Com + MBA with about 4+years experience with Reliance group.

Specifically is it good for guys having some work ex. ?

What kind of companies ?

How long ?

Is there anything in fine print here ?

Arun

PS: Check out :
http://www.aiesec.net/snci/examples/

Hey Arun,

I'm an AIESEC alumnus, and have also applied for the internship programme...
was waiting for The 21st to pass before I made a move. :)

I've have around 8 friends who have already undertaken the internship programme, and everyone, at the end of the day, came out with a enriching expeirence.

Job roles vary..right from coding to BD to social service. The internship period can last from 2 - 18 months, and the company mite be the big MNC located on Canary Wharf or a start-up in Hong Kong.

People coming into India usually are freshers, but from India, applicants usually have a few years of work-ex. Personally, I've 1 1/2 yrs exp. at an MNC bank.

At the end of the day, the difference between AIESEC and a body-shopping agency would be the cultural experience & exposure to leadership, which AIESEC never fails to provide.

I could keep going on 😃 .. do let me know if you're looking for some specific info

Cheers
Neil

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"There is no reason to ever quit...
unless of course you had no plans to ever succeed"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot dude !!

Was of great help ............... shall contact u for further info if reqd.

Arun

heyyyyyyyyyy

im an aiesec alumni too
the golbal internship program is worth every penny ul be spending on it.
as neil said the best thing about aiesec is the exposure that ul get in terms of culture etc.
bel me in all the students that i have placed till now both incoming and outgoing no one has ever complained.
arun the only thing ur friend should probably think about is how relevant will it be for him to do an "internship" (im specifically stressing on that part) after 4 years of full time work

Plz tell me some basic details about AISEC and how can one becom it's alumnus. How can one apply for it. and what is it's eligibility.

Bye

Hi Arun,

I'm an AIESEC alumnus too - was Vice-President of the Bangalore chapter a few years back. Was almost headed to the Ukraine(!) for a 6-month internship, but got admitted to IIM, so didn't go.

The AIESEC internship is a fantastic cultural and professional experience.
I know friends who are currently on AIESEC internships with Electrolux in Shanghai, DHL in New Zealand and Cap Gemini in Canada.
Of course, there's no assurance you'll get a blue-chip firm somewhere, but you're assured of a great internship experience abroad - you get to choose which country and what kind of intership - tech/marketing/development - you want. The nice part is that you also get to hang out and party with people from the local AIESEC chapter.
Both the local Indian chapter and the foreign city chapter will help you with your visa, finding accomodation, etc.

But like lil_jinx said, your friend needs to have a good reason for taking a break in his career and embarking on an internship to another country! :)

Incidentally, it's also a nice thing to have on your CV - I know a few people who have been on AIESEC internships abroad who have been lapped up by the ISB, since it's quite keen on getting students with some sort of foreign flavour.

Lemme know if you'd like to get in touch with any of the AIESEC people in Bangalore.

Cheers,
Ronald

hey people:D
im an aiesec DI chapter alumni...
aiesec delhi iit president is from my college.. so if yu need nething info on applying to the delhi chapter.. let me know...

Didnt know there were so many AIESEC alumni on PG!...am one too... August 99, DU chapter.

hi there...
well i'm glad to see such a great response this time round... had posted a quiry on AISEC myself some time back...
can someone tell me any contct in mumbai and how i register with them.
i had read on the site thats its nt for MBA summer internships!
but wanted to check out for sure... can i apply for it during my summers... currently doing my MBA at KJ Somaiya. have 1 & 1/2 years work Ex at ITC Grand Maratha Sheraton hotel in mumbai... looking out for marketing based projects..

hope one of u alumni can help out..
thanks
meher

hey arun,
if yure frend wants an internship which is xara hatke..ask him to check out ccs:centre for civil society...
ccsindia.org
i attended a seminar called liberty in society seminar.. qas quite an experience. the internship would be of two months duration and is more abt research on a particular field one chooses. a frend of mine researched on hawkers in noida. it basically gives yu different exposure...
i dunno if ths helps with managemt as such..but for someone looking to even do something during a yr break can join ccs. It definitely can be termed 'life changing'.
take care
sue

Hey Sue (if I can take the liberty of calling you that )

My friend is working for a RIL undertaking and is an MBA 2001 passout. I don't think he is the kinds to get a 2month break from office to pursue his interest. He is more interested in the international exposure that it offers.

Arun

Hey guys
I wanted to know if Non aisec people can also apply to this internship.,and HOW

😛

non aiesec people can apply by contacting the aiesec of their city.
(there used to be 13 Local committees in 12 indian cities when i was a memeber... dunno the current status.. google pe find out)
but depending on what kind of internship yure looking at it can take varying amounts of time....
so the earlier yu start the better!
yure qualifications and everything will be scrutinised by a student nominee board who will interview yu and all, once they get yu an intership...
instership stipend isnt assured, dpendson the company..same goes for staying, so, if yure looking for superb exposure and have deep pockets go give it a try...:D
atb

http://www.in.aiesec.org/ aiesec india..
will definitely lead yu somewhere

HEY AIESEC ALUMNUS !!!!

Well first of all if you do remember.. wassssssssuuuupppppppppp ???

This is Nikunj Parekh, Vice President, OGX, AIESEC Kolkata, and its great to see so many peopke in OG Alumnis !!

I am handling the Internships from Kolkata, and anyone interested can visit www.aiesec.net/students or jus mail me at [email protected] for all new oppurtunities in AIESEC and new concepts of Internships !!

Great to read all your posts

BEst Regards

Nikunj Paerkh

hey people:D
im an aiesec DI chapter alumni...
aiesec delhi iit president is from my college.. so if yu need nething info on applying to the delhi chapter.. let me know...

Hi Surekha
This is karan,i read ur post abt the AIESEC delhi IIT chapter ,i am interested in an internship through AIESEC.I am currently in the final year of my comp engg which is going to finish in June 2006,They have approved my profile but i wantd to be very sure before getting myself enrolled ,so i have been doing some research on AIESEC on the net.I am pretty much convinced by now that it is beneficial but i thought i might as well ask u whether it is going to help me in the long run in my career.Please tell me about it and when is the right time to enroll myself if i want to start as soon as i finish my course.
Thanks
Karan

hey people..
myself.. currently a member of AIESEC.,.
if u guys need any help regardin that please let me know..
will help u in every possible way

e-mail me at [email protected]

regards

aditi

there is a pagal in our community blue_Stockings who is an active member of AISEC... contact her for details or help !
all the best