AICTE Ban on Part Time MBA's

Hi Guys, In the past few days, I finally decided to take up a Part Time MBA in Bangalore. While dig up more info today, came across links saying that AICTE has banned Part Time MBA’s :: AICTE bans part-time MBA, admissions on hold | Pa…

Hi Guys,

In the past few days, I finally decided to take up a Part Time MBA in Bangalore. While dig up more info today, came across links saying that AICTE has banned Part Time MBA's

AICTE bans part-time MBA, admissions on hold | PaGaLGuY.com - Indias biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT

I have a few doubts in my head, and would request expert opinions on those:

Just checked on the AICTE's approved list of programs and couldn't find Symbi Pune!! Now that was a shocker for me. While checking out a few more links, got to know that these Universities and other Deemed-to-be ones don't require AICTE approvals. Now how legitimate is that?

In the list of approved insti and programs, I found XIME, Bangalore but no Symbi Pune!! I know Symbi is an autonomous uni and so the above logic (if legitimate) holds good here. But what about XIME Bangalore?

Also, the article says that AICTE has banned PT programs that are less than 24 months long. SIBM Bangalore offers 1 year Part Time PGDM. XIME, Bangalore offers 3 year Part Time PGDM. Which is legal and which is not.

Now a doubt, that I hope some experts from the Recruitment Field could enlighten upon:

How does this AICTE approval really matter in case of Part Time MBA's in terms of recruiting preferences?

Hope to get some things cleared in my head :lookround:

Cheers,
Sumit

Guys,

Advice plz.

Cheers

Although AICTE banned MBA part time; K.J. Somaiya has displayed the selection list for Part Time MBA 2011. They have asked students to pay the fees and confirm the admission. Now students are in dilemma, whether to take admissions or not. Can K.J. Somaiya start Part Time MBA without approval of AICTE????????
What should selected candidates do????
Your Views Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!