AICTE Approvals for MBA Courses

Hi to all. Want 2 open one interesting topic. AICTE approval for MBA course!!! * * Is it necessary to have the AICTE approval for the MBA course? If yes, then how much is it important? The question is being raised before m…

Hi to all.
Want 2 open one interesting topic.

AICTE approval for MBA course!!!!!!!!

Is it necessary to have the AICTE approval for the MBA course?
If yes, then how much is it important?

The question is being raised before me as Im getting admission to one of the PGDBM course 😃 which is not AICTE approved!!:huh:
Surprisingly, the same institute runs another MBA (FT) course which is AICTE approved.
& hence, at the placement time, there is common placement for both of them.

What 2 do? Shall I take up such course?:huh:

As far as placements r concerned, there is no problem.
The infra, faculty is good. The institute is one of the reputed institutes because of its MBA (FT) course.

What worrying me is the non-approval of AICTE which may come in picture if I go for my further (????) education (e.g. PhD)

Also, if I get some abroad offer which requires posting in EU/US, it might play a role as the companies from such countries do a through check @ acads/validity of course etc etc.
Have anybody faced such problem?

My second query:
The univ which conduct MBA courses give Masters degree e.g. FMS /IIT-SOMs/NM/Mumbai univ.

But the institutes which r not univs give PG diploma as IIMs/NITIE/SPJIMR etc.
Though these degrees are approved by AICTE, are they considered as Masters Degree in abroad also??
I know one person who has completed his MBA correspondence from sm univ only because he wants to immigrate to Australia & there r sm points for Masters Degree.
What @ PG diplomas? Where do they stand?

VIEWS INVITED!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong section m8.

U can try this one for career related stuff : http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/career-related-stuff-in-here-25009033
Or can post on the cat thread.
But goin back to ur query...whatever u do...DO NOT join a course which doesnt have AICTE recognition...u'll end up nowhere when u finish.

Hi to all.
Want 2 open one interesting topic.
AICTE approval for MBA course!!!!!!!!
Is it necessary to have the AICTE approval for the MBA course?
If yes, then how much is it important?
The question is being raised before me as Im getting admission to one of the PGDBM course 😃 which is not AICTE approved!!:huh:
Surprisingly, the same institute runs another MBA (FT) course which is AICTE approved.
& hence, at the placement time, there is common placement for both of them.
What 2 do? Shall I take up such course?:huh:
As far as placements r concerned, there is no problem.
The infra, faculty is good. The institute is one of the reputed institutes because of its MBA (FT) course.
What worrying me is the non-approval of AICTE which may come in picture if I go for my further (????) education (e.g. PhD)
Also, if I get some abroad offer which requires posting in EU/US, it might play a role as the companies from such countries do a through check @ acads/validity of course etc etc.
Have anybody faced such problem?
My second query:
The univ which conduct MBA courses give Masters degree e.g. FMS /IIT-SOMs/NM/Mumbai univ.
But the institutes which r not univs give PG diploma as IIMs/NITIE/SPJIMR etc.
Though these degrees are approved by AICTE, are they considered as Masters Degree in abroad also??
I know one person who has completed his MBA correspondence from sm univ only because he wants to immigrate to Australia & there r sm points for Masters Degree.
What @ PG diplomas? Where do they stand?
VIEWS INVITED!!!!!!!!!!

HI I ENCOUNTERED WITH SAME PROBLEM I AM GETTING INTO PGDBM WHICH IS NOT AICTE APPROVED BUT MMS COURSE OF THE SAME INSTITUTE IS APPROVED CAN ANYBODY HELP ME
Wrong section m8.

U can try this one for career related stuff : http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/career-related-stuff-in-here-25009033
Or can post on the cat thread.
But goin back to ur query...whatever u do...DO NOT join a course which doesnt have AICTE recognition...u'll end up nowhere when u finish.

what does that mean?i thought aicte is req only for further studies abroad-like phd etc.

bt if the course is industry accept-thn whts the problem dude?

can any1 reply?its urgent

well in addition to not being able to go abroad to study afterwards....you also cannot apply for any exams like the IAS, UPSC, IPS etc. so if anyone has ambitions of joining the administrative services....AICTE approval is a must.

so that curtails two significant options....ie further studies abroad as well as government positions. (and plz don't turn up your nose at the latter....a massive chunk of MBAs aspire to join the IAS).

however, having said that, the private sector focusses more on the equity of the school you pass out of rather than its accreditation....so if you're bound for the pvt sector....check for the institute's industry interface before joining cuz that'll be the deciding factor.

another caveat though....an institute's equity is a highly complex commodity....it has a lot to do with past performance of its alumni, how old the institute is, how respected it is amongst others in the industry etc....and most companies tend to have something of a herd mentality when coming to campuses for recruitment. they don't sit and objectively analyse the merits of each college in the vicinity, they also operate on whatever they have heard of the college and its students from other ppl in the industry. eg. usually if infy comes to a college to recruit....that's a green signal for a lot of other tech cos also. and so they tend to flock popular institutes which have acquired a+ or A status thru their consistent delivery over the years.

and it rarely happens that a college is vastly respected by the industry and yet somehow fails to be accredited by AICTE. so i'd think twice before tossing an accreditation out the window....thr must be a significant reason why a college has failed to get one. if those reasons are immaterial to you....as in if you don't care that they have less classrooms, or too few permanent faculty or whatever....then by all means....go ahead. however, if these do matter to you....make a weighted judgement.

thnaks gauri for tht detailed info.

regards

I have got admission in IES Management College & Research Center, Mumbai for PGDM course (2009-11). I wanted to know if it is AICTE recognized...

Kindly let me know soon as I have to decide...Plzz help me....

I have got admission in IES Management College & Research Center, Mumbai for PGDM course (2009-11). I wanted to know if it is AICTE recognized...

Kindly let me know soon as I have to decide...Plzz help me....

Welcome To AICTE

Check ur college name in list

Hi...I am also going to take admission in AIMS Institute of Management studies in Pune, which is not AICTE approved,only UGC recognition is there. So will it be a big obstrucle for my future carrer? For getting education loan also may it create any problem?M already applied for education loan in Union Bank of india. so plz anyone help me out from this situation.

hi fiends i would like 2 know if applying fr iwsb would b wotrh it as it is not aicte approved ,,any help

if want to go for higher studies dont go for it, but if ur focus is on private sector just go for it.....faculties of iwsb r are simply awesome .

i was informed of one thing which i really want to talk of..seems AICTE members were arrested in september regardin bribe and TN High court gave a stay order on the pendin applications and many panel members of AICTE were removed..thts the reason many instis are havin a problem..why dont we ppl look into these incomplete details and just think good or bad abt the coll just becoz it doesnt hav a standard..we werent informed of it by any senior or talked of it in any other forum and every person in a forum just discussed tht coll is black listed or not just becoz the colls didnt hav approval..thts bad..we shld enlighten eachother of all facts, not just the ones which make us feel good..

is imdr pune approved from aicte and someone pls send me a link for the aicte approved institutes and courses