Ahmedabad Community Service

friends, Its time we contribute to the society, community service seems to be the best option… Thot about this for a long time, and also discussed it with pooja, bhaumik,… Any amdavadis interested? How do we go about this?

friends,

Its time we contribute to the society, community service seems to be the best option...
Thot about this for a long time, and also discussed it with pooja, bhaumik,...

Any amdavadis interested?
How do we go about this?

friends,

Its time we contribute to the society, community service seems to be the best option...
Thot about this for a long time, and also discussed it with pooja, bhaumik,...

Any amdavadis interested?
How do we go about this?

Hey couchy,

noble thoughts from a noble man....but will an ignoble person like me fit into this noble act?

I'll surely do the best i can do....
but couchy a sincere advise from my side.usme gulli nahi lagni chahiye ;-)

FEW SUGGESTIONS -
1)we can meet the authorities at VASTRAPUR - blind men's asso.
2)Any plantation/sapling mission
3)read other 'Community Service' threads ;-)

Hi,

Guys this is a good thought.... i wud like to join u all... its really nice that we cud do something for our city....

If there is nething do let me know... i'd like to help...

Yashpal

Add me to the list too....

Just writin this, is leavin a feel-good sensation..
I hope I can help in some way.

hi..
am doing a PG programme in Entrepreneurship development Institute , close to appolo hospital..

am here till spetemebr.. so if anyhing is happening wrt community service.. do count me in!

I dont know how i should thank PG and u all...

I am student of DA-IICT, 2nd yr B.TECH... similar thoughts like these always were on the back of my head... and 4m about a month they are more frequent......

ok now if anyone has a plan sort going...plz lemme know what sort of help i can b of...

else lets discuss and have a meet shortly.... let this b only to those who r serious.....

Thanks..

PS: if u think i am desparate... then s i am...
Bye

Mik,we r waiting for some sorta plan from u man.
Apart from helping MODS plz give some attention to this thread .
now that we are 6 (apart from couchy :wink: ) letz plan something.what do ya say??

now that we are 6 (apart from couchy :wink: ) letz plan something.what do ya say??

kindly note the date when i first POSTED & u POSTED.....

ell we'll surely chalk out something...but at the right time...not just for the heck of it.

enjoy
mik

kindly note the date when i first POSTED & u POSTED.....

ell we'll surely chalk out something...but at the right time...not just for the heck of it.

enjoy
mik

Surely u r more active than me.
what i m suggesting is 6ppl are enough to start some productive work.
Sry i m under impression that u can ALWAYS do some sorta community work.didnt understand the right time thing.

P.S - i m smelling some rage in u r previous post.All i wanna say is NO Offence Meant.

feels good to see that many of us are interested in CS...
for a start, we can visit any of the NGOs and find out if at all they have any roles for us to do...
more info bout ngos can be found at indianngos.com
i have mailed one sanjay bapat from indianngos.com regarding cs scope in ahmedabad.
i personally feel that we need to co-ordinate with some ngos for some solid results...

wat say friends?

Firstly, you guys need to meet and decide to go and talk to an NGO or cause you would like to support. Even if you have a group of only 2/3 interested, thats fine. Most of our CS teams have started with worse numbers of active participants. All of you guys can grow very fast after 6 months or so, provided all of you are regular and show interest in what you do. Lack of volunteers will not be a constraint after some time as there are many interested people out there.

So I suggest, you guys pitch in with some names of NGOs you would like to support. Talk to them about how you can help. You can also go through the threads of the other cities to get an idea of how to go about it :)

If there are any issues, we are always around to guide! Keep the spirit and start touching lives. Its your way of giving back to the world 😃

hi everybody,

me posting after reall long time...i was busy with the PPF sessions....and then was not well for a couple of days....anyways, hows it going on the A'bad side....

I was just searching the Ahmedabad page...and i got to know about the Ahmedabad Community Service....it was gr88 to start something like this...only thing is i needed to join in....but how could i...??

Any help required from my side....you name it and you get it...except that i wont be able to visit Ahmedabad regularly....for the details... I am in Ahmedabad on 17th of Jan, 23rd of Jan and 30th of Jan....

this is all from my side...

Rikesh

Hey pg, thanks for the guidelines... 😃

friends,
me contacted CRY-Mumbai yesterday, their Ahmedabad partner is MARAG... (me havent heard of this NGO before, but no harm in contacting them...)

as pg said, initially we gotta meet up and decide wat cause do we wanna support... after that we can identify local NGOs working for that cause and co-ordinate with them...

i guess a CS meet post iift shud help us...

If ne1 didnt read pooja's post plz do so now here http://www.pagalguy.com/cat/viewtopic.php?t=4423&start;=360

As far as my interests r concerned i prefer social justice so Sanchetana.But i dont know even a bit of gujarati.i m afraid if could learn gujarati well in few days and be able to communicate to them or not.I am very eager to learn gujarati.Guyz plz throw some light on what shall i do to achive that......

hey everyone.... i am interested too.... count me in

Good Fences Make Good Neighbours

how bout an Ahmedabad CS meet?

If possible keep that in this week.we(DA-IICTians) have no LABS this week.so it will be convenient for us to come.

deepu Says
If possible keep that in this week.we(DA-IICTians) have no LABS this week.so it will be convenient for us to come.

that wud be great mate...
tell us wat days n dates wud be suitable...

any working day after 1900 hrs is fine with me...

at 7:00 p.m ne day will be fine with us.it will be better if we can make this week.But its better to arrange the meet according to pooja's timings.B'cause she knows a lot regarding NGO's and it will be nice if she is present at the meet.