AGSM - MBS 2008 Applications

Hello all, I have been a silent visitor to the Pagalguy forums for around 2-3 years now.The days when I used to appear for CAT.:slight_smile: The thread is to welcome all the posts for AGSM , MBS queries and discussions for 2008 applications.I still…

Hello all,

I have been a silent visitor to the Pagalguy forums for around 2-3 years now.The days when I used to appear for CAT.:)

The thread is to welcome all the posts for AGSM , MBS queries and discussions for 2008 applications.I still wonder why these schools are always undermined.

My profile:

Indian IT Male
Married ( Ya ..dats also an important factor for me while apping)
GMAT : 710 (50,36)
Experience 4 years 9 months by April
International Experience : Australia,Malaysia,US ( Currently in US)

Hey Ballistic,
Have you applied to AGSM for Jan 2008? I wonder whats the result as by now they must have declared the results. I am also planning to apply to AGSM as well as Melbourne Business School. My profile is as follows:
Indian Telecom Engineer
GMAT 690 (49Q, 35V 4 AWA)
WorkEx: 7.5 Y
Married and have a kid.
International Exp: US, Israel, Thailand.
Undergrad: IIT Mumbai, screwed GPA but damn good extracurriculars.
Loads of Extra Professional Activities.
Very Good Professional progress.

Can you please comment on my profile.

Thanks
Vikrant

Hey Ballistic,
Have you applied to AGSM for Jan 2008? I wonder whats the result as by now they must have declared the results. I am also planning to apply to AGSM as well as Melbourne Business School. My profile is as follows:
Indian Telecom Engineer
GMAT 690 (49Q, 35V 4 AWA)
WorkEx: 7.5 Y
Married and have a kid.
International Exp: US, Israel, Thailand.
Undergrad: IIT Mumbai, screwed GPA but damn good extracurriculars.
Loads of Extra Professional Activities.
Very Good Professional progress.

Can you please comment on my profile.

Thanks
Vikrant

hey so did u get an admit at mbs and have u accepted it???

hello all,seeing your profiles i have started thinking do i really stand a chance when i apply to AGSM or MBS.My profile Indian IT engineer, GMAT: yet to give(jun 3rd) expecting to cross 700 work exp: 3 yrs this oct 2008(IT exp) No international exp Not very great in ex curricular. Univs targetting: Australia(only AGSM and MBS),US please let me know my chances if i apply to these univs.. planning to apply for jan 2009...

Hi Anand, I didnt get the admit but the MBS people have asked me for reconsideration in their Jan 2009 intake. The reason given was a standard one, but they also said that they advise students for the next round intake if the VISA formalities may take time. I had applied quite late and my Visa couldnt have come before the start of the session. So I guess I am still in the race. What about you? have you applied to MBS or AGSM?

hey all. I got an offer from agsm for jan 2009 mba. Anyone else with offer. What do u guys make of the inist. and the program and post program oppurtunities?

hey,
I got admit from MBS..still in the process of gettin my visa and things done..:boat: profile..690..6 yrs in IT major..intl wrk ex..decent extra curriculars..NIT with good acads..I hv been into lil' bit resrch abt d school...looks good so far..at least the placement looks good..hear lot of legislation changes makin it easier for PR..etc.,...guyz..anymore info..pls come forward and share..
Thanks,
J.:bigear:

Hi Guys,

congratulations to those who have successfully made it to MBS and AGSM. Guys i am thinking of applying to both. Here is my profile,

Project leader with one of the Top 5 IT Major, 7 year experience
Decent academics

What GMAT score should be good to apply for AGSM and MBS.

Any opinions.

Thanks

nirvikar,

I also got an offer from AGSM for Jan, 09. I don't know if you have done enough research on AGSM but I just had a couple of questions regarding the school. the 2004 acceptance rate according to businessweek was 64%. That's every 2 in 3 people getting in. What does that say about the selectivity of the school? Have you seen any of the more recent selectivity numbers? Also, what are your thoughts about job prospects after graduating?

Hi, Whats your profile? means GMAT score experience etc.. i am planning to apply foer AGSM too. So just reasearching about school and job options after MBA.