AGSM Jan 2010

Hello Everyone Im starting this thread for all who are planning to apply for Jan 2010 intake at AGSM. The admissions will open in about two weeks so its a good time to have a forum to discuss all admission related queries.

Hello Everyone

Im starting this thread for all who are planning to apply for Jan 2010 intake at AGSM. The admissions will open in about two weeks so its a good time to have a forum to discuss all admission related queries.

Glad to see this thread... another prospective ABS MBA applicant here for the Jan 2010 intake...

25 yr old Indian male in USA/700/4.5 yrs work ex IT Consulting in Sydney & USA...

how bout u? the program does not have an internship period... what r ur views on it??

G'luck!!

Cheers,
San

26yrs indian male IT/700/4yrs ex based in india...

Thats true that they dont have internship and maybe ppl with our profile could really benefit from internship a lot. But in today's time things r a little diff. Getting into an internship is not that easy now. Only a handful of student get into internship right away and for most of the class its an excruciating process. So maybe not having internship is not a bad thing now.

I think what we should worry about is the admission process. 2008 placement data is out in most colleges and its not a pretty picture. It was expected this year anyway so no harm. But for the next couple of years colleges would try to better their placement figures as much as they can, and that means more stringent admission process. If you think admissions were tough this year, wait till the next cycle comes around. We really need to project ourselves really really well... esp ppl like u n me (Indian/Male/IT/3-5yr ex/680-720)

Glad to see this thread... another prospective ABS MBA applicant here for the Jan 2010 intake...

25 yr old Indian male in USA/700/4.5 yrs work ex IT Consulting in Sydney & USA...

how bout u? the program does not have an internship period... what r ur views on it??

G'luck!!

Cheers,
San
I hear ya!! I visited Wharton, NYU, Darden, Duke and trust me the scene isnt pretty Anyways, getting back to ABS I am totally not convinced with their GPA conversion table A very hard earned 70% in the Indian education system turns to be a 2.0 GPA score on their table!! Not fair!! Ill be writing to ABS soon about it.

Where else have u applied/planning to apply? I have applied to MBS as well

still havnt applied to MBS, but going to. For Jan batch. applied to a couple of them in UK but got 'buggered' everywhere. and ofcourse, ISB, ding after i/v

So its been a ding dong journey so far. wat bout u, any offers so far?

NYU, Wharton - Ding w/o iv
Darden - Ding after iv
Duke - Waiting for the results next week...
Rochester - Accepted with $ but wont be goin there...
MBS - Applied for Sept 09 intake...

Looks like this thread is gone dead...I am also planning to apply to AGSM for Jan 2010...Ne info on the scholarships they offer to Indian students ?

Cheers !!!

NYU, Wharton - Ding w/o iv
Darden - Ding after iv
Duke - Waiting for the results next week...
Rochester - Accepted with $ but wont be goin there...
MBS - Applied for Sept 09 intake...

hi San,

i am 23yrs indian female, working in an Indian IT firm in marketing comm for 2yrs now..based in india...
i am wondering about the options for MBA abroad..

letme know your views on this option..since i feel you might have a predominantly fair idea @MBA abroad..
:)
Looks like this thread is gone dead...I am also planning to apply to AGSM for Jan 2010...Ne info on the scholarships they offer to Indian students ?

Cheers !!!

What is the criteria to apply to AGSM?

Hi.. I am also planning to apply to AGSM for Jan 2010 intake..
My profile :
GMAT 710/5.5
Work Ex 3 yrs in IT(Product Development) by July 09.
B.E -Comp Sc. from top engineering institute in india..

I would like to know about job prospects in Australia.. for Indians... secondly ..if sm1 can throw some light on Visa and Work permit issues in australia??

hello,

I have 2 years of experience(May 09).
working as performance engineer in telecom industry.
I have started my prep. for GMAT now and will take test by end of july (expecting 660 with a +10 -10)

can anyone suggest about my chances for AGSM2010 batch. i think i will be applying in 3rd round.
I want to do my MBA from Aus and AGSM by far being the best mba school, must be hard to get into ?

what are my chances ?

regards,
hamza

hello,

I will have 2.5 years of experience(Oct 09).
working as performance engineer in telecom industry.
I have started my prep. for GMAT now and will take test by end of july (expecting 660 with a +10 -10)
What are my chances, i desperately want to get into AGSM.

hamza

hamza,
Frm what I have heard, you have a very very slim chance of making it to AGSM. The AGSM website says that the avg workex is 2 yrs but they look at nothing less than 5-6yr. To make up for your workex, I feel you should get like a 750 in ur GMAT. Unless you profile is out of this world, its gonna be difficult. What country citizenship do you hold? They could take you to add diversity to their class if you donot have a lot of ppl applying from ur country.

Thanks for the reply Nipuns,
I am from Pakistan, if noy AGSM, what about MBS.
What difference will it make if i want to work in Aus after grad.
Secondly, what i have seen is 3 yr xp find it relatively much easier to get into good MBA programs. which means 1 yr can count a lot and i will need to focus to write some brilliant essays/referee reports.

more discussion is welcomed.

Hamxa,
Do you have international workex ? That can help improve your chances. As far as MBS goes, there are some really interesting threads running on pagalguy where people have discussed their profiles along with admits and rejects. I think compared to AGSM, MBS should be easier to get into cos they are not very demanding on the workex like AGSM. I mean 3-4 yrs of quality workex and a good gmat score should get you an interview call.

BTW, what ever Im telling you is a personal opinion. Other people are welcome to share their thoughts.

Thanks for your opinion Nipun, I will also check the threads for MBS.

Hey Guys !!
Just got my admit letter 😃 Is there any one else whose already been selected?

hey Nipon,
Many congratulations mate
are u planning for any scholarship loan plans ?

Yes. I believe they have 2 scholarships to offer. I would be applying for them.