AGSM 2013-14 FT MBA applications and beyond

Hi all, I did not see a thread for AGSM MBA. So let me get the ball rolling! Please feel free to share your profiles, comments and information you may lay your eyes upon that could help in the AGSM applications process and beyond…Admi…

Hi all,

I did not see a thread for AGSM MBA. So let me get the ball rolling!

Please feel free to share your profiles, comments and information you may lay your eyes upon that could help in the AGSM applications process and beyond...Admits and current students, please pour in useful info about the school.

I recently got an admit from AGSM. I had applied for Round 1.

Cheers!
CE

Hi all,

I did not see a thread for AGSM MBA. So let me get the ball rolling!

Please feel free to share your profiles, comments and information you may lay your eyes upon that could help in the AGSM applications process and beyond...Admits and current students, please pour in useful info about the school.

I recently got an admit from AGSM. I had applied for Round 1.

Cheers!
CE

Congrats CE,

I had an interview with AGSM last week. Denied admission in first round 😞 . They said they will consider my application in round 2 again which to me just seems like a nice way of rejection. Does anyone know what kinda chances do I have in round 2? I already emailed them that if they need any extra information or documents for round 2 i will provide them but they didnt ask for anything.

congrats checkeets....i too got an admit for jan'13 batch....i applied in round one too.....send me ur mail id....
did u apply for the scholarships?

Congrats CE,

I had an interview with AGSM last week. Denied admission in first round 😞 . They said they will consider my application in round 2 again which to me just seems like a nice way of rejection. Does anyone know what kinda chances do I have in round 2? I already emailed them that if they need any extra information or documents for round 2 i will provide them but they didnt ask for anything.

I think you have a good chance even now. I feel that if they wanted to deny you, they would have done so already. They must have felt your profile was good. So keep up the hopes sornim!
It's a good thing that you're keeping up some form of communication with them. All the best for your AGSM app! 😃
congrats checkeets....i too got an admit for jan'13 batch....i applied in round one too.....send me ur mail id....
did u apply for the scholarships?

Congrats Satya!
I have pm'ed you my id. I haven't applied for scholarships yet. It is such a drag to write more essays..:banghead:

Cheers
Vivek

guys .. I too have an admit to AGSM.. guys please PM me ..

I would like to hear your opinions about AGSM and like to know if you are accepting the AGSM offer

And anyone finished writing essays for scholarships ?

My profile:

GMAT - 640
TOEFL -103
BTech - 68% (JNTU Hyderabad - 2007 Passout)

5 Years work Exp in Infosys (Approx 6 Months mysore, 2.25 years Hyderabad and 2.25 years Melbourne)

Applied for ROund-1, had a telephone interview and there was nothing unusual/dramatic about the interview. The questions asked were generic around my work Background and my role in my last couple of projects (based on what I had written in my resume), then my aspirations, if I have considered a Permanent residency in australia, hobbies, if I previously visited sydney and If I was Ok to relocate from Melb to Sydney.

Overall I felt that it was easy interview and fairly easy process to get into the Bschool.

I have also applied for MBS but they have mentioned they would not check my application until late August.

I have seen MBS / Melb Uni but have not seen AGSM yet. So, I will be going to sydney on Friday-July13th to see the campus and if possible meet some current students hopefully.

Anybody thinking of accepting the offer - make a 4k$ payment and confirm by July31st ??

For those selected in AGSM, are there any other univ which you guys have applied ??

Even I have been selected for the round 1 of '13 intake.

This is the first university to which i have applied and probably the last one too:-)

Guys,

Congratulations on AGSM admit ! I have received an admit for Jan 2013 intake too... though a bit late in posting here.

Would love to connect with each one of you. Please PM me your email ID so that we can discuss further.

Hope to hear back from you guys soon.

hi guys.

any clues about job scenario post MBA from AGSM ?

I went through the thread of Melbourne Business school, and believe me it was hard for me to find positives (especially for international students - indians in particular)

The statistics might not be misleading because almost 70% of students went back to old organizations. I mean i am really confused, its not only about money.

If MBS is struglling (considering that MBS is ranked higher than AGSM), i need insights from you guys as to whether there is problem with the school (MBS) or with the govt policy for job prospects post MBA

Awaiting insights

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Did anybody purchase OSHC and if yes, can you kindly share the procedure? Medibank site is asking for AU residence address and it is a manadatory field!!

Thanks Sridevi

Hey Guys,

I have also been accepted to the AGSM Jan 2013 intake! 😃 just accepted my offer...

would love to know you all !

Cheers.

hey

does AGSM have only a jan intake or they have a sept intake also?

how much time does it take to receive a revert once the app is submitted ?

@[535271:versatile30] Its not about the jobs in AUS. its about the eligibility after MBA which determines the jobs.AUS offers a PR program to eligible clients and if you have one , finding a job is not difficult.However, since this is a 52 week program, you WONT get an automatic work permit into OZ since this is offered to pass outs who have completed 96 weeks of education in OZ.

Having said that, there have been many graduates who have been successful in securing a job.This is purely circumstantial and depends on the past experience as well.So, do your research well.

PS: i am an aspirant for the Jan '14 or the Sep'13 intake if there is one.

hey guys,

Can someone share the interview experience , the questions being asked

thanks

@cy71 said: @versatile30 Its not about the jobs in AUS. its about the eligibility after MBA which determines the jobs.AUS offers a PR program to eligible clients and if you have one , finding a job is not difficult.However, since this is a 52 week program, you WONT get an automatic work permit into OZ since this is offered to pass outs who have completed 96 weeks of education in OZ.Having said that, there have been many graduates who have been successful in securing a job.This is purely circumstantial and depends on the past experience as well.So, do your research well.PS: i am an aspirant for the Jan '14 or the Sep'13 intake if there is one.
thanks for your comments

hey cy71! how's it going brother?

while it's true that AGSM is considered a 1 year program, the actual duration is minimum of 16 months. In fact, the COE specifically states that the course begins Jan 2013 and goes on until 31st Jul 2014. This will in all probability be Season 4 i.e. the International exchange program. But I fully agree with cy's thoughts. Based on my research of last year's students, all desis were able to secure a job within three months of graduation.

hola!

I've created a spreadsheet for helping admits and applicants to network and trend better..Please make some time to fill in your details here -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AliYhI9n2oaodG1nMzlmQWJXWHVxOFNQOWRxUEM4X2c&rm;=full#gid=0

Lemme know if you are not able to access the link.

Cheers
CE