AGE OF EMPIRES....The Mother of Strategy games !!!

Hi all, I’m a diehard fan of AOE !!! I’m currently playing Age of Conquerors expansion pack. Any other AOE fanatics out there ??? Lets discuss expert strategies, tips and favourite scenarios…

Hi all,
I'm a diehard fan of AOE !!! I'm currently playing Age of Conquerors expansion pack. Any other AOE fanatics out there ???

Lets discuss expert strategies, tips and favourite scenarios....

very much okay ganes but ive moved on to AoM which has given me the fever like AoE/AoC never could, .... all the advantages plus god powers :shock:
------
r.

hey dude

me a hardcore AOE fans....but nowadayz dont play that much...

but yaar AOE is the king of all strategy games....been playing it from the release of AOE-I demo version !!!!

but ive moved on to AoM which has given me the fever like AoE/AoC never could, .... all the advantages plus god powers :shock:
------
r.

haevnt played AOM much (my config doesnt suppport :-() have played it once or twice, but AOM doesnt give "that feel" like AOE does....OMG two threads in a row beating my own posting record i guess 😉
I'm a diehard fan of AOE !!! I'm currently playing Age of Conquerors expansion pack. Any other AOE fanatics out there ???

Main Hoo naaaa.........

Bhai/bahen logon college ke deen aur kitnee raatein AOE,AOM aur cards khel ke bitayee hain yaar.Phir se woh beetey deen yaad dila diya........
Chale gaye yaar chale gaye yaar woh puraane deen.....

uuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm

how bout the BAAP of all strategy games
it rocks

yep!! AoE!!

about a year back I was addicted to Empire Earth. rocks, you could zoom in zoom out 😃

now busy with work, though subscribe DIGIT, no time even to open the PLayware CD :-(

must confess, India is nowhere when it comes to Games... We are 0 in this. All we are good at is some silly mainframe apps. Y2K type brainless project and other boring stuff.

Good that Naidu is gone, next mulayam and mayawati must become the PM and stop IT outsourcing to India. :idea: We should become kissans and do some productive work

Oh... i loved playing it... AoE rocks... Also, i like Rise of Nations, Civilization, Command & Conquer.

But, haven't played a game for the past 1 yr. Same problem as XpEditer, busy with work..... and another reason: no PC at home here in Bangalore 😞

hey!!!
really nice to see AOE crazy ppl like me around....
i just love this game... AOE is mother of all startegy games...
god it so addictive....
how many hours... how many nights have gone just playing & playing this game... but i guess those days are gone now...
now i just manage to play this game by saving it after playing for half an hour or so & come back & play again some other time...
btw... does someone wanna play this game in "multiplayer" mode on the internet???

one other strategy game i reallylike is Sim City!! ...
and yes... regarding AOM (Age of Mythology)... i didnt find that game as good as AOE- i guess the feel that AOE -II has.. is missing in AOM...

Cheers

Prateek

must confess, India is nowhere when it comes to Games... We are 0 in this. All we are good at is some silly mainframe apps. Y2K type brainless project and other boring stuff.

I wondered why your id sounded so familiar ? Now I got it. Xpediter is a tool for debugging on mainframes.

Btw, I understand your feelings. I feel just the same. Me too great fan of AOE, AOW, Caesar etc. Intrested in AI and game programming too. But instead working on a boring mainframe. :x

aoe is very good in multiplayer me .. single player me comps tend to suck at hard.. and at hardest .. feasible techniques are mainly tower rush or just plain solid defence ..towers et al,...comp gets frust and resigns

I wondered why your id sounded so familiar ? Now I got it. Xpediter is a tool for debugging on mainframes.

Btw, I understand your feelings. I feel just the same. Me too great fan of AOE, AOW, Caesar etc. Intrested in AI and game programming too. But instead working on a boring mainframe. :x

Yes 😃 debugging tool.... I made a typo when I enterd the username, got the case of wrong. Now it looks mnore like XP editer

and for more on mainframes, my signature too..

Great to see the response for AOE.. Yeah, I've also been playing right from the AOE-I demo version since my second year at college !!

rajeev_r wrote:
but ive moved on to AoM which has given me the fever like AoE/AoC never could, .... all the advantages plus god powers
------
r.

I haven't tried out AOM yet.. haven't been able to play much for the past 2 yrs since I got into the job.. But I haven't heard favourable reviews of AOM unlike AOE/AOC..

btb Caesar did not catch my attention for a long time.. I hate to see houses self-destruct for some trivial 'maintenance' reasons !!!

aoe is very good in multiplayer me .. single player me comps tend to suck at hard.. and at hardest .. feasible techniques are mainly tower rush or just plain solid defence ..towers et al,...comp gets frust and resigns

oh yes.. I hate it when in the middle of the game the comp resigns for no reason.. but this happens less frequently at hardest level...

priam wrote

AOE is fun. keep playing it all the time. though it dosen't get my vote for the best strat game. i'd hand that to someone like ceaser3.

but AOE does get challenging in multiplayer situations and can be real fun then. neways surprised to se so many MS game fans. happens rarely

Surprised to see that !! Caesar3d's time was up looong back Just wait till AOE-3 gets released 😁 I personally feel MS games are afterall not that bad.. I have liked the other MS racing games too.. yes, the real fun in AOE is in multiplayer games !!

I have tried Railroad tycoon first version, that was good too.. but couldn't get hold of the full one..

caesar shd have had multiplayer.. single player i think it scores above aoe..

waise i liked counterstrike the best among multiplayer games... peace 5 mins to a round..frag frag get fragged and get ready for the next round ..and if u dont get fragged earn moneys for defusing/planting bombs and rescuing hostages

I am a big Fan for AoE. My sis has bought AoM I think.. I am waiting to check it out. BTW you guys want cheat codes or something? I have so many of them. Most of them are available on the net, but phir bhi. Just let me know. will be happy to share what I have

Regards
DJK

hmm..spent so much time on AOE in college..the best is in multiplayer situations 4 vs 4, when even a 'giant' map is not big enuf...:)..

btw I think AOE and AOM have 2 different game styles..i found the campaigns in AOM, especially the Titan Expansion, much better in terms of storyline and gameplay than the AOE campaigns...whereas random map play is much better in AOE.. AOM has some features which are hard to ignore - the god powers, the mythical creatures, favor generation....etc....

I used to like commandos, but some levels can be paistakingly difficult, especially if u forget to save

Any FPS fans here?? Q3, UT, Half-Life????

Suraj

Play Zeus :Master of Olympus and u will forget all about AOE. trust me... if u have a cd of Zeus please please please pass it on to me ....

cheers
Pushkar

Which campaign do you people like the most in AOC ? My favourite one is the El Cid campaign and I have completed around 5 scenarios in this one.. The story line is just too good !!