After a 700

Hi All, A little confused soul i am now… Gave my GMAT on 18th May and got 700 (79% quants 47 , 89% verbal 41 , 5 AWA). I had two months to prepare but used just the first month for preparation… i gave hardly two practice tests KAPLAN and …

Hi All,

A little confused soul i am now..
Gave my GMAT on 18th May and got 700 (79% quants 47 , 89% verbal 41 , 5 AWA). I had two months to prepare but used just the first month for preparation.. i gave hardly two practice tests KAPLAN and GMATprep and scored around > 650 this is immediately after i booked my appointment. I did OG 11 and Kaplan 800 and went straight at GMAT.. I know with serious preparation i would have scored atleast around 740..
These are my tots..

My profile goes something like this..
Working in Telecom industry for the past three years.
I have a Btech IT with a CGPA of 8.783 from College of Engineering Guindy (one of the top 10 coll in India) in 2006. In some semesters i was department toper. I have done little community work and also been part of technical society and conducted some awarness programs.. but nothing v significant
Good acads even in school times.. 96% in Higher secondary and 94% in tenth.. Have strong perseverence and hardworking..
I have worked in two companies in past three years.. Have traveled to China once for a week and that was a business trip got lot of accolades from my clients there too. My work is draining my energy out so decided to look outside for quite sometime...
My long term goals are: to work in public sector, involve in humanitarian work.. i have some dream organizations in my mind.. i know they are very ambitious at this point in time but i think time will make me fit for them... and as a first step i wanna do my MBA and have also plans to do a masters in international/public affairs later point in time.. I dont plan a JD because i cant afford time now.. my plan is to do MBA ( i don't know which specialization would suit my need.. i think after a 2 year MBA i would be in a better position to set right my short term goals) and later would do some part-time MS in IA/PA.. This is what i am upto right now..
Now.. i have shortlisted few universities.. i don;t want to compromise on the quality of the MBA i do..

columbia business schoolMIT sloanNew york SternUniversity of Chicago : BoothDartmouth College : TuckISB hyderabadYale school of managementUnivesity of Michigan: RossUniversity of Virginia: DardenUCLA : AndersonUniversity of California at Berkeley : HaasPurdue University:KrannertCMU : TepperMcCombsUniversity of Maryland

I would like to get some expert opinion to know if i am on the right track.. if there is something i need to introspect upon.. i am also at times made to think that i retake GMAT..but that will be at the expense of time to app... but sometimes i feel at the end numbers dont matter for top BSchools and i dont have a glittering essay at this point in time.. Ur help will be of value.

They say that GMAT is just a part of the package, but then, it's that part of the package over which u have direct control.. So if u think u can take it to 740, go for it by all means!!

If u wanna go for social service field, Yale SOM is the school that comes to top of my mind.. However, make sure u do have some past record of social service if u quote this in ur essay.