Admitted to Oxford

Admitted to SBS for Fall 2006 MBA :: Thanks to one and all who helped me achieve this…

Admitted to SBS for Fall 2006 MBA

Thanks to one and all who helped me achieve this...

Congratulations dude.... Nice to know that...Rock on

Cheers

Congrats Nags...You deserved it every bit..all the best for all the rest of your results as well

Brilliant result nagendra!! Wishing you the best for the rest of your results!
Congrats dude. savour the moment & all the best for remaining results

great news!!! best of luck for the other schools.

hey great juob done buddy i saw your psots onj this forum and business week...

Thanks to one and all for wishes...Thanks to PG for wonderful forum which created a good network

Hey Nag,
Congratz on this wonderful feat. As I am also applying in SBS, I have some dbts regarding the application process. Please see if you can be of any help ?

1) How did u choose ur college ?? (i.e another college affliated to Oxford University which u r suppose to highlight)
2) Any scholarships u r aware of ??
3) Is the transcript mandatory or the marksheets would suffice ??
4) Wht other documents other the the app. form (which i am sending online) are we suppose to send via mail ??

BTW, I have also applied for the ISB and waiting for the interview results which i almost
screwed :)

Abhi

Hi Sunshines:

These are my answers for ur questions:

1) How did u choose ur college ?? (i.e another college affliated to Oxford University which u r suppose to highlight)

I still havent selected my college yet..still doing some research on it 😃

2) Any scholarships u r aware of ??

Aware of British Chevening and Rhodes..But couldnt apply to it as I was not elibile becoz of age

3) Is the transcript mandatory or the marksheets would suffice ??

I have sent the transcript from Univ(I guess markslist and transcript are same)..so couldnt get the question exactly

4) Wht other documents other the the app. form (which i am sending online) are we suppose to send via mail ??

No need to send any docs..send ur essays, 3 photos, and transcripts...Those are enuf...

Thanks Nag...
That means while filling the form its not mandatory to mention the name of the college
u can bring forth the college name later on.
Regarding transcripts, the notion which i perceive is that in US universities, students get
transcripts which are same as indian marksheets with some differences here & there. so i wanted to make sure if the marksheets are ok , which i think should be ...
Lastly, i get the impression that resume is not to be enclosed with the application, although i very much want to (spent lot of my time in furnishing my resume)

One question for all who are applying to Oxford,could we send our transcripts before filling up the online application forms.

Please repond early.
Many Thanks

Hi Nagendra,

Congrats on getting into SBS.

I have also got an offer from SBS for the fall 2006.

-Amit

Thats great Amit...So how are u planning to arrange ur finances if it is not so personal?

You can do it as far as I know

Now PG rocks the international B-school scene as well!!!

Hey congrates man......

Hi Nag,

For finances
1/3rd personal savings
2/3rd HSBC loan

I am still awaiting the SBS package by mail to find out more details about the financial guarentee forms. I am just wondering if they need the loan approval within the 30 days.

-Amit

And yeah as for the financing if the HSBC even breaks their partnership with SBS even then one can get a education loan from HSBC based on your credit history and your co-signors credit hostory. But the thing is Indian credit histories are not considered(unless its with HSBC India).
Otherwise the options for going for an IEFC loan remains but for it you need a credit worthy US cosigner. The rates are (7.25-0.5) for educaid.
As for me I have a US credit history and also a relationship with HSBC India and have some family in the US who can act as cosignors.