Admitted to IIMB PGP 06-08 batch (GMAT)

Ofcourse through GMAT, not CAT I got GD/PI with IIM-A at Calcutta in 2 weeks time. Now that I am admitted to IIMB, I don’t think I will be going to Calcutta. As it is I was not up for such short trip to India (Boss will kill me if I ask for a…

Ofcourse through GMAT, not CAT

I got GD/PI with IIM-A at Calcutta in 2 weeks time. Now that I am admitted to IIMB, I don't think I will be going to Calcutta. As it is I was not up for such short trip to India (Boss will kill me if I ask for any time off )

Anyone else admitted?

Whoa, Congrats man. What is the process for GMAT entry?

Thanks ! The criterion is on the IIMB website. The GMAT process is for overseas candidates.

Hey Rock buddy....Where r ya from ?? NRI or a foreign national ??

Ofcourse I am from the Samoan Islands 😉

But yeah, NRI. Staying in the U.S for quite sometime, (these days in California ). Time to head back home 😃

Ofcourse through GMAT, not CAT

I got GD/PI with IIM-A at Calcutta in 2 weeks time. Now that I am admitted to IIMB, I don't think I will be going to Calcutta. As it is I was not up for such short trip to India (Boss will kill me if I ask for any time off )

Anyone else admitted?

thats awesome man.. you hav one of the best colleges for an MBA. and iim B placements rocked this year. all the best to u..

cheers

Thanks ! Given that my short-term and long-term goals are in India, IIMB is definitely a welcome opportunity

Hi,

I made it to IIMB too... YAY!...overseas candidate again .. I'm an NRI in Sydney.. still waiting on IIMA results which will be out in April I guess.

Cheers

What in the hell!!! Already admitted!!! The CAT junta has not started giving their GD/PIs

It seems like CAT admits to IIM B are second class citizens:wink:

K

PS: Me is going greedy over lawsuit potential on IIMB:wink:

Congrats DesiOz ! Are you going to pick up A over B if you get in ?

I am opting out of IIMA GD/PI. Will save the money for my Contiki trip to Europe in May.

Thanks Rock,

I'll probably go for A given the option. But considering my GD/PI with them was average at best, I might never get that choice.

Goes without saying that I am absolutely thrilled with the B admit.

Will be nice to come back home!

What in the hell!!! Already admitted!!! The CAT junta has not started giving their GD/PIs

It seems like CAT admits to IIM B are second class citizens:wink:

K

PS: Me is going greedy over lawsuit potential on IIMB:wink:

Very Interesting indeed!

Are there a few seats reserved for the NRI Candis?

I am sure you guys have fundu profiles, good work ex and awesome GMAT scores.
Why dont you share them with us?

Agantuk.

Sure, here is my profile
24 yrs
B.S & M.S from a top U.S university in Computer Engineering.
Working for 30 months at a big software firm in U.S
740 GMAT

My profile:

24 yrs, GMAT 760, 2 yrs work ex... working in Sydney with an environmental consulting company.. decent acads and extra curriculars
My profile:

24 yrs, GMAT 760, 2 yrs work ex... working in Sydney with an environmental consulting company.. decent acads and extra curriculars

Great - and what job profiles do you guys have?
How were your intrviews like??

And how many NRIs do you think A B C L has admitted this year?

Agantuk.
Great - and what job profiles do you guys have?
How were your intrviews like??

And how many NRIs do you think A B C L has admitted this year?

Agantuk.

Hey, my job profile is similar to that of a senior software engineer in an enterprise-software product company. Over the past 2 yrs, I have worn different hats.
Programming, co-ordinating with release and product management, reviewing documentation, providing training to support folks and consultants, evaluating third party software needed for the product. Interesting stuff, but having gone through one complete product release cycle, I felt it is time to move on.

GD/PI for GMAT candidates is held together with CAT applicants for IIMA.

Got no idea about the NRIs. I am myself curious to know this figure. If someone can connect me to a NRI student at IIM, that would be great
Sure, here is my profile
24 yrs
B.S & M.S from a top U.S university in Computer Engineering.
Working for 30 months at a big software firm in U.S
740 GMAT

so u completed ur MS at the age of 21-22 yrs......wow seems like u r great...!!!!!!.....Buddy dont u need 10+2+4 yrs of education to do MS...?
scoobydoobydoo Says
so u completed ur MS at the age of 21-22 yrs......wow seems like u r great...!!!!!!.....Buddy dont u need 10+2+4 yrs of education to do MS...?

Lol ! I wish I was great, would have made things a lot simpler :)

Yes, I was able to accelerate my studies. Unlike in India, most U.S universities allow students to overload courses if they can handle it. So, I went ahead with it and was able to complete the Integrated M.S/B.S program early.

I finally got the admit letter by mail today. Falling in love with the place.
I need to sign a form which states that no hazing (ragging) is allowed on IIMB campus. Lol ! Got reminded of my high school days in India 😃
And the best part, even my parents need to sign this form.

One would have thought that students would be mature enough to not engage in such activity, but I guess IIMB is taking no chances. Impressive.