Admitted to Emory's Goizueta business school (AtlantA)

Hi all, I have got an admission to Emory (Atlanta, GA) for a full-time MBA… Anyone here who’s got in???

Hi all,
I have got an admission to Emory (Atlanta, GA) for a full-time MBA...
Anyone here who's got in???

could you give more background info abt you and write a post regardingt he process et al? that would be more useful than merely asking arnd if anyone else has got thro'...:)

Hi all,

I also got an admit at Goizueta Emory FT 2 yr MBA.
BUT I'm not going to Emory.
Regards

I have an admit with 70% schol..but not going! There is another forum about Emory please access the same.

Cheers

Saptarshi

I also got an admit at Goizueta Emory FT 2 yr MBA.
BUT I'm not going to Emory.
Regards
Hey Senapati.. Stanford is a difefrent league altogether dude!!
I have an admit with 70% schol..but not going! There is another forum about Emory please access the same.
Saptrishi, Thats a great scholarship you've got. Cogratulations to you too. Where are you going and why have you chosen against Emory??
Hey Senapati.. Stanford is a difefrent league altogether dude!!

Thats a great scholarship you've got. Cogratulations to you too. Where are you going and why have you chosen against Emory??

And to answer our Moderator Oxy..and tell more about myself:
A 2003 passout Mech Engg from Bangalore, I have 2.8 yrs work ex and a GMAT score of 710. I applied to Emory towards the end of their application for this fall season mainly because I ended up writing my GMAT only in Jan giving myself very little notice.. Finally sending my apps to 5 schools, I have received two responses thus far - from Krannert and from Emory.
After applying around 5th of March for a 15th March deadline I took a telephonic interview with the school about 2 weeks back and got a response from the school this last friday.
Am presently in the process of enquiring about loans from banks. But nationalised banks (read SBI) give a max of 20L even against collateral..
If you have any pointers on how arrangements can be made for all the other extra sum required, do feel free to detail the same here!
isera2005@india Says
Saptrishi, Thats a great scholarship you've got. Cogratulations to you too. Where are you going and why have you chosen against Emory??

hi.. i am joining UVA - Darden School of Business. Darden just fit in better with my career objectives and I quite liked the school compared to emory. Emory is a great school too and I think there placements are very good. Further, in recent times they have spent a lot on their infrastructure. Cheers

How is Emory in terms of ROI ... Based in Atlanta how r the job oppurtunites ..

Hi folks!
Me too got an admit from Emory for the 2 year program...currently in Panama City, FL..have abt 2 years exp in Env engg consultancy....Job was good but ws not takin me back to India...So career change was obvious path.. I have an admit from IIM-C as well..Still deciding where to join....
Visited Emory recently n was really impressed with the school, heard placements are phenomenal, especially summer internships..The things i like about Emory so far is the smaller class size, the hospitality and supposedly one-to-one career guidance services...It seems they absolutely make sure u land a job inorder to keep their 100% summer internship record straight

As far as ROI is concerned depends on how much loan u take for ur education.. the trend is that the Big Wigs generally offer Indian students (non US citizens) with Jobs. The smaller regional firms are generally reluctant to sponser Visas...Jobs at Big wig firms generally pay higher (at least $80 K as senior analysts)
Once again my views are totally based on other ppals experiences, I'll have to endure the MBA grind to eventually validate my opinions
Good Luck PPal...Throw in ur comments as well
Thnks
P.S. Applied to Emory, Cornell, ISB, IIM(BCK)...Could have applied to bigger Programs in US with my 730 score but had personal issues

Hi All,

I wanted to know about the Finance program at Emory. I am interested in IB but since location matters a lot and it helps being closer to NY, would that be against Emory as Atlanta is not exactly close by.

Your thoughts will be appreciated.

I would be apping for Fall 2007

Regards
Sumit

Hi Folks,
There is already another thread started by me for Goizueta. Please continue there (I am a 2 year admit, and will be joining Goizueta this Fall).

Please continue on:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/emory-admits-25012223

Hi all,

Hey ,
did you finally attend the school. I came across this thread and wanted to speak with a student or alumni to more about the school. Please write me back if you can either help me with this or if you know someone else who can provide any possible assitance.
THanks
Nitesh