Admitted:Harvard and Stanford

Dear Friends, I found this site very informative and therefore have registered here.This is my first post. I am a male from Bhutan and have many relatives in India. I have been admitted into both Harvard and Stanford. I believe that I a…

Dear Friends,

I found this site very informative and therefore have registered here.This is my first post.
I am a male from Bhutan and have many relatives in India.
I have been admitted into both Harvard and Stanford.
I believe that I am the first from Bhutan to get into any Ivy League college.
I think that my background made the cut since my scores,acads and extra curriculars are pretty normal.
I have also received 25% scholarship from Stanford.
My profile:-
Gmat score - 640
GPA - 3.5/4.0
Work Ex - 2 years in IT (dont ask the name of the company)
Acads - B Com
Community Service - some
Extra - School football team member
Essays and Reco - OK

My problem is - Which college should I attend?My goal is to get a decent job in the USA after MBA and then settle down there.Therefore I am confused? Please help me out.:sad:

Wish me luck.
(Can anyone tell me more about Harvard and Stanford as I have only been to India outside of Bhutan? .. Also how to plan for the finances - Should i take a loan here or from some bank in USA)

first of all CONGRATS FOR THE DREAM ADMITS MAN !!!

i think you can post here http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/harvard-business-school2007indian-admit-also-taking-questions-25021556 and get ur queries resolved 😃 :)

:thumbsup:

I think that my background made the cut since my scores,acads and extra curriculars are pretty normal.

Congratulations on the admits.
These schools are very selective. Good job!

My problem is - Which college should I attend?My goal is to get a decent job in the USA after MBA and then settle down there.Therefore I am confused? Please help me out.:sad:

Harvard. Period.
Dont even think.

Can anyone tell me more about Harvard and Stanford as I have only been to India outside of Bhutan? .. Also how to plan for the finances - Should i take a loan here or from some bank in USA

Take loan in USA. The school will arrange for a loan - it shud not be an issue at all. And since the school is involved, it will reduce your paper work. At the rate at which interest rates are falling (3 month LIBOR is at 3.24 and 3 month Tbill is at 1.92), you wont accrue a lot of interest. So it is a win win!!!
Dear Friends,

I found this site very informative and therefore have registered here.This is my first post.
I am a male from Bhutan and have many relatives in India.
I have also received 25% scholarship from Stanford.
My profile:-
Gmat score - 640
GPA - 3.5/4.0
Work Ex - 2 years in IT (dont ask the name of the company)
Acads - B Com
Community Service - some
Extra - School football team member
Essays and Reco - OK

Wish me luck.
(Can anyone tell me more about Harvard and Stanford as I have only been to India outside of Bhutan? .. Also how to plan for the finances - Should i take a loan here or from some bank in USA)

congo on the admits man..
awesome job...dream admits as some 1 earlier said

as u urself said tht ur backgorund helped u made the cut...
can u elaborate and give details of ur backgorund...

Mite help puys

Cheers

Kartik