Admitted at NYU Stern!! Queries are welcome..

Hi All, I have been accepted at NYU Stern for Fall 2008 session. Stern was one of dream schools and its really great to be part of its community… I have been active on PG for a while now and PG has really helped me a lot in many ways. …

Hi All,

I have been accepted at NYU Stern for Fall 2008 session. Stern was one of dream schools and its really great to be part of its community...

I have been active on PG for a while now and PG has really helped me a lot in many ways. So, i want to give back to this great community by helping more and more people with any queries they might have.

Also, Thanks to Allwyn, Senapati, Keya, SImba who really influenced me a lot and motivated me directly or indirectly to achieve my dreams. Also thanks to nagpalkunal, iday, amitnitsian and inblue for helping in many of my doubts and for being a source of inspiration.

I would prefer to get queries on this forum itself as it will help others also. Also i do not check my PG inbox regularly. For any specific or personal queries ofcourse you guys can mail me.

Also for any genuine doubts, i am ready to share my contact details and we can talk on phone. But only in case of genuine doubts.

So start shooting the questions......

Hi Ankush,
Congr10s on ur admit!!
BTW how are you going to finance your studies. Have you got any scholarship or are you going take a loan?

Congrats man!!

That is a great achievement, you have really made it to a great Bschool.
I have applied to Stern in R2,please share your profile and application,interview experience.

Kudos Bro on the Admit. As Influenced as you were by PG oldies like Iday and others, so have I been looking for Inspirations. I am looking at NYU Stern for 2009 Admits I work for Oracle in Bangalore and would have 2 yrs and 10 months in ex by July 2009. I have a biiiiiiiig set of questions to you as I am starting off with things. COuld send me your email id as a PM here so that I can email you.

Congrats Ankush! Great News

Hi Ankush, Congratulations on the admit!!

I have applied to STERN in R2... still awaiting some news from them. Can u tell me when should i be expecting some kind of communication from them??

Thanks,
Aditi.

Hi Ankush, Congratulations on the admit!!

I have applied to STERN in R2... still awaiting some news from them. Can u tell me when should i be expecting some kind of communication from them??

Thanks,
Aditi.

hi aditi,

you can expect a communication anytime after you get your application complete/ under review mail. This mail i got around 12-14 days after i submitted my app. After this it took me 20 days to get an intvw invite and another 12 days to get final admit.

Timings greatly differ fro everyone so dont read into that too much.

All the best
maxwriter Says
Congrats Ankush! Great News

thanks dude!!

As far as i know you also applied to couple of schools? how are your apps going?
Hi Ankush,
Congr10s on ur admit!!
BTW how are you going to finance your studies. Have you got any scholarship or are you going take a loan?

scholoarship decisions will take some time.....
i still have to decide on the finances though definietly i will be taking the no cosignor loan offered by citibank in assistance with Stern
Congrats man!!

That is a great achievement, you have really made it to a great Bschool.
I have applied to Stern in R2,please share your profile and application,interview experience.

thanks dude!!

will surely detail out my experience....really busy at work these days but will write as soon as i can. till that let me know if you have any specific queries.

ATB

Hey people i am not getting much time for a full post on my interview experience.....but if someone has any questions regaring the interview process or any other doubt...do let me know and i will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.....

Hi Ankush,

Is It possible to share ur profile here so that i can have a fair idea as to what kinda profile and background along with a gr8 score one needs to have to get thru stern.

P.S. Have PMed u long time back but i guess u dint get time to reply:)

Hi Ankush:
Congratulations!! NYU is great. Could you tell us how the interviews were like??
Also I applied to Tuck as well. I want to do Ibanking/private equity. Which program is stronger for job placement??

THANKS!
R

Congratulations buddy!
Which factor played most important role in your great success.
Is it High GMAT score ?
Is it work exp with great reputed company?
I'll come back with more real questions for u
Thanks,
Ajay

Hi All,

I have been accepted at NYU Stern for Fall 2008 session. Stern was one of dream schools and its really great to be part of its community...

I have been active on PG for a while now and PG has really helped me a lot in many ways. So, i want to give back to this great community by helping more and more people with any queries they might have.

Also, Thanks to Allwyn, Senapati, Keya, SImba who really influenced me a lot and motivated me directly or indirectly to achieve my dreams. Also thanks to nagpalkunal, iday, amitnitsian and inblue for helping in many of my doubts and for being a source of inspiration.

I would prefer to get queries on this forum itself as it will help others also. Also i do not check my PG inbox regularly. For any specific or personal queries ofcourse you guys can mail me.

Also for any genuine doubts, i am ready to share my contact details and we can talk on phone. But only in case of genuine doubts.

I am a doctorate in Materials Science and Engineering and presently pursuing my research in USA. I worked in Japan after my Doctorate degree for 3 years as R&D; group leader. I have some international patents.
Will my research background play a negative role in case of my MBA admission to NYU Stern?
Thanking you
Armaan
I am a doctorate in Materials Science and Engineering and presently pursuing my research in USA. I worked in Japan after my Doctorate degree for 3 years as R&D; group leader. I have some international patents.
Will my research background play a negative role in case of my MBA admission to NYU Stern?
Thanking you
Armaan

Hi Armaan

I will take this one. Your experience sounds great and it won't hurt that you are from a research background. The real question for you is: Why an MBA after a doctorate? Not many people do that and they want to know why.

Hope you got the hint

Cheers

CONGRATS !!!!

I have been following you for quite some time and its great to know that u have made it and made it big !!!

U joining Stern for sure or waiting for some more results?

ALL THE BEST man 😃 😃

Congrada Ankush,

I presume you are going to Stern to get a career in finance (correct me if i am wrong), and since 95% of us desi's are computer/engineering background, how did your relate your reasons for MBA in your essay? what do you think made your essays stand out?

My biggest challenge is writing a strong essay, since my writing skills are a bit weak, so i am trying to get some input.

Thanks
RJG

Hi All,

Hi, I got an offer in Masters in Finance at Instituto de Empresa, but NYU Stern MBA is my dream in a few years after adding more to my 14months of WE. Can you share us your background? What do you think played the most important role in your application, GMAT, WE, GPA? which ones? What was your pre-mba experience like and what do you aim after Stern? Thank you in advance.