Admits, Waitlists and Dings 2009

Hi All, Just decided to start a thread where we can post our admission results and a brief profile. Thought this will help us assess our overall B-school game by letting us know where our peers stand. Least, it’ll be good to know where one go…

Hi All,

Just decided to start a thread where we can post our admission results and a brief profile. Thought this will help us assess our overall B-school game by letting us know where our peers stand. Least, it'll be good to know where one got in with what profile. Let me start with mine.

Tepper (R1) - waitlisted
Kenan-Flagler (R2) - Results awaited (have already interviewed)
IESE (R2) - Dinged without Interview
Darden (R1) - no news
McCombs (R2) - yet to apply

Profile: 27/ 4 yrs work ex/ Business and Market Research/ GMAT 660/ Regular volunteer for the last 2 yrs

Hi,

UNC - Results awaited/Interviewed Twice(Telephonic and personal)
Carroll - Interview on 26th january
Simon - Results awaited
OLIN- Dinged
Notre Dame - Dinged
Purdue - Results awaited

650 GMAT/5 Years Work Ex/Avg Undergrad/Decent - Extra Curriculars

Interviewed twice at KF ehh...Nice! How was the face-to-face interview? Was there a KF information session too? Since I was not in Delhi when KF came here, I could not appear for the same :(

Good luck with your applications and please update your stance here on this thread. Lastly, spread the word about this thread. thanks!

Hi All ,

Harvard - R2 applied
Stanford - R2 applied
Wharton - R2 applied

26/M/7 yrs exp- I banking/ CA and CMA/ very good extra curiiculars and community service

regds
S

Hi

R2 applied to Harvard, Wharton, Kellogg, Ross, Darden, LBS
Profile - 690/113/6 yrs WE/KPO/Avg Acads and EC

Hey mate

First time i have seen somebody from my industry (BR/MR). You are based out of which city?

Interviewed twice at KF ehh...Nice! How was the face-to-face interview? Was there a KF information session too? Since I was not in Delhi when KF came here, I could not appear for the same :(

Good luck with your applications and please update your stance here on this thread. Lastly, spread the word about this thread. thanks!

Well actually I had already finished the telephonic interview.After that I got to know that Kenan was coming to Mumbai and I did not want to miss the opportunity of meeting the adcom.It was a preety good experience more on the lines of a general interview.

Lets hope for the best

Hi Guys,

I guess there must be loads of us who applied to various colleges in R2. I presume that the interview results for the same will start arriving from today. Please do post in the details if anyone who applied in R2 has gotten an interview call.

Hi,

My stats ...

Rotman - Admit
UNC - Interviewed
Kelley - Awaited
Ivey - Ding
Simon - Admit
Olin - Awaited
IESE - Interview Pending

GMAT 700/ IT 6+ WE/3+ IWE / Average Extra Curr.

Hey mate

First time i have seen somebody from my industry (BR/MR). You are based out of which city?

Hi man, I based out of Gurgaon...you?
Hi Guys,

I guess there must be loads of us who applied to various colleges in R2. I presume that the interview results for the same will start arriving from today. Please do post in the details if anyone who applied in R2 has gotten an interview call.

@Azmodeuus. What are your stats and where did you apply?

I am in bangalore!

anandnut Says
@Azmodeuus. What are your stats and where did you apply?

Hi,

My profile..

750/ 6.0 in AWA/2.5 yrs in FMCG (Unilever).. managerial roles across Sales, Brands, Supply Chain and IT. Hold a engineering degree and a management degree (PGD in Industial Management).. lots of EC's and awards..Univ Gold Medalist / Best Management Student in India from the Bombay Management Association.. rep India in an International Youth Leadership Conf in Prague, presented papers in Italy etc etc

Bit worried on my work-ex. Anyways, I guess we'll get to know shortly enough. I applied to the whole range - HBS, Wharton, Stanford, Kellogg(1Y), Sloan, LBS, HEC, IE and SAID.

Hope something works out this year, I shudder the thought of going through the whole process again next year. Anyways, keeping my fingers crossed. Congrats to those who've cracked it and Best of Luck to those awaiting.

Warm Regards.

Admits: Fisher (Grad Assistantship),Olin WUSTL(50k schol)
Applied: Darden (R1), UNC (R2), Goizueta (R2), Kelley (R2), McCombs (R2)

Profile: 750/5 yrs/ avg acads/decent EC

Hi Guys,

I just recieved an interview notification from IE, Spain for the Sept 09 intake. I completed all my application formalities by the 9th of Jan.

My interview is scheduled on the 28th of Jan. Keeping my fingers crossed. Best of luck to other applicants.

Guys,
Admitted to Texas Austin Full time MBA class entering fall 2009. Received my admit yesterday.

Cheers!
Rohan.

@ Rohan- can you share your status of of other school you've applied to...also a brief profile will help. Thanks!

My MBA sojourn:

Cheers

That's quite a list! You seem to have mastered the art of impressing the adcoms! Besties for the 2 years at Harvard and beyond .. 😉
My MBA sojourn:

1) Harvard Business School (R1): Admit
2) Chicago Booth School of Business (R1): Admit
3) ISB (R1): Admit
4) NYU Stern School of Business (R1): Ding without interview
5) UMich Ross School of Business (R1): Interview, withdraw
6) Stanford GSB (R2): Submit, withdraw
7) UPenn The Wharton School (R2): Submit, withdraw

Wow! This is really impressive! My best wishes for your journey ahead - I am sure you will have a wonderful next few years.

Arun