Admits, please post your profiles!

Hey, If you, or anyone you know, has gotten an admit into any of the top-100 b-schools internationally, please post your profile here. It’ll help us draw up a pool of Indian applicants so that we know what the averages are for the '07 ho…

Hey,

If you, or anyone you know, has gotten an admit into any of the top-100 b-schools internationally, please post your profile here.

It'll help us draw up a pool of Indian applicants so that we know what the averages are for the '07 hopefools! (Pun intended)

Merci!

nonedone Says
Hey, If you, or anyone you know, has gotten an admit into any of the top-100 b-schools internationally, please post your profile here. It'll help us draw up a pool of Indian applicants so that we know what the averages are for the '07 hopefools! (Pun intended) Merci!

Any information you get will only stir more discussion, debate & possibly discouragement, all of which potentially compromise your focus towards your admission to a b-school. Believe me, getting & analyzing this data will add NO VALUE whatsoever to your chances, firstly because it's not you, secondly because you simply can't measure your hopes against "averages" you will get here (based on data from 10-20 posters)!
baccardisprite Says
Any information you get will only stir more discussion, debate & possibly discouragement, all of which potentially compromise your focus towards your admission to a b-school. Believe me, getting & analyzing this data will add NO VALUE whatsoever to your chances, firstly because it's not you, secondly because you simply can't measure your hopes against "averages" you will get here (based on data from 10-20 posters)!

It's not about measuring "hopes". It's about analyzing trends. It may not be thoroughly conclusive, but it is a rough guide.

This is not about seeing what chances YOU have directly. It's about understanding the Indian pool of applicants for particular colleges. You could say it's the same as a "ranking", except only for India. And it must be treated the same way. Look at it as a guide, not as conclusive evidence.

Why else would someone consult BusinessWeek or USNews? They provide information. How you dissect and incorporate the information is up to you.

good start nondone.

but then in baccardi we believe 😛 (....hes always right.)

dammit

still lets continue the thread.
i agree with your idea nondone.

edit:
oh yeah!
and happy birth day nondone.>

you have a great blog
i dint understand what its all about. :(

baccardisprite Says

I agree with bacardispirite. He is the Spirit of Bacardie
@ Nandan(nonedone) hmm
good english conversion of your name dude,
initially when i was newbie to this foreign MBA.I too wanted things like you have mentioned so i cn analysed trend.But believe me,in your MBA journey you gotta search yourself,stirr more discussion and debates.In the End you wil find a way for MBA pal.BTW what i hv experiencedis,all those who admitted to top B-school will help you to solve your queries with open heart but if you ask their profile i think no one give their true identity.
All The best for your search
I agree with bacardispirite. He is the Spirit of Bacardie
@ Nandan(nonedone) hmm
good english conversion of your name dude,
initially when i was newbie to this foreign MBA.I too wanted things like you have mentioned so i cn analysed trend.But believe me,in your MBA journey you gotta search yourself,stirr more discussion and debates.In the End you wil find a way for MBA pal.BTW what i hv experiencedis,all those who admitted to top B-school will help you to solve your queries with open heart but if you ask their profile i think no one give their true identity.
All The best for your search

I whole heartedly agree about the "inner-search" bit. I just wanted to get a feel of what I'm up against. My chances are dictated by a lot of things, out of which- my thoughts, my essays and my vision are the only ones in my hands. I'm not trying to compare these things. They are incomparable.

Anyway, as you said, I will probably not get any "true identities" or for that matter any responses at all.

As in any business, get to know your competition inside out ;P
nonedone Says
I whole heartedly agree about the "inner-search" bit. I just wanted to get a feel of what I'm up against. My chances are dictated by a lot of things, out of which- my thoughts, my essays and my vision are the only ones in my hands. I'm not trying to compare these things. They are incomparable. Anyway, as you said, I will probably not get any "true identities" or for that matter any responses at all. As in any business, get to know your competition inside out ;P

If it's of any help:

a) Check out http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/calling-applicants-to-oxford-2007-25017469. Post #8 on this thread has an attachment that might give you an idea.

b) Go to the websites of IMD & HEC, and explore the MBA programs. You'll find the class profiles listed individually (and not with those irritating geographical break up charts).

c) I used some old resume books to help me sharpen up my CV as I applied to schools in 2004. If you want to see them, pm your email address to me on this forum and I'll send them over. Mind you, these are from classes of 2003 and earlier.

Good luck.

Man :shock: wheres post #8

Edit after post#9 posted:
oh such a fool i am .
you know what i hd been waiting for post #8 from baccardi
& finally i pinged in :fool:

aim-wsc Says
Man :shock: wheres post #8

Hey jus goto that thread and you will find it. Post #8 means 8th post(8th reply) in that thread By Nikita sharma.