Admits 2005

Hi, Starting this thread so we can post the final results of our MBA quest via the GMAT route :slight_smile: Starting off with some good news from my side … Babson - Olin School of Business - admitted with Olin fellowship ( full tuition waiv…

Hi,

Starting this thread so we can post the final results of our MBA quest via the GMAT route :)

Starting off with some good news from my side ....

Babson - Olin School of Business - admitted with Olin fellowship ( full tuition waiver + books/supplies ) - living expenses to be borne by me

Most of you wouldnt know about Babson, so here's the ranking info :

USNews : #1 in Entrepreneurship for 11 years in a row
BusinessWeek : #26 overall
Wall Street Journal : #1 Hidden Gem, #2 Entrepreneurship
Princeton Review : #1 Business school for women

Hi tarantula,
Can u give me some more INFO on Babson.
That's one heck of a job.Full tution waiver+books free.
Can u throw some more light on this.
Did it have something to do with your score.
Reply ASAP.

Hi,

Starting this thread so we can post the final results of our MBA quest via the GMAT route :)

Babson - Olin School of Business - admitted with Olin fellowship ( full tuition waiver + books/supplies ) - living expenses to be borne by me

Congrats Tarantula ,

can u giv more info about the college(what are they exactly looking for ) and ur profile also , so that we will be able to know that what all is needed to get into a good college and secure fellowship/waiver. Did u apply for any top 10 insti, Did u have work exp , what kind of LOR did u have, If possible please explain in detail

hi ppl

Click here for more info

Congrats arboreal_tarantula...sure would like to know more from someone who has been there done that

Ketan

Whatta way to start the Admit Counter @ PG. A full ride at the best entrepreneur school !! Awesome work with the admit! Now all of us wait to see the next bschool which comes your way... and no I don't count ISB

CONGRATS ... what a news ..

on the other hand... what all things do supplies cover ?
Hi,

Muuuuaaaaaah. Gr8 news abt the waiver!!! Congratulations..
Hi,

Shameek machha ......

Way to go Machha :grab: :grab: ...............

Congrats for the Full Tuition Waiver ...... of course for the admit too

cheeeeeeeeeeerz,
vijay

Hi
First of all CONGRATS
will u just post ur details,EDU,EXP GMAT SCORE ,IT WILL BE HELP for us

:) 😃

Hi,

Wow.. Great news, Shams... So which are u choosing now? 😉

thanks guys !

my understanding of this whole schol thingy :
for lower ranked b schools, yes, its ur score which matters a lot for schol and admit decisions. for top 10, ur scores are just yet another parameter for an admit, and are less important, because they get thousands of applicants with 750+ scores

i think i got the schol because :
1. my essays were sincere, simple and passionate
2. my gmat was good
3. my interview, in person, went very well
4. i had been talking to alums and adcomm for more than a year and a half, since babson was always one of my top choices. so they knew of my interest in the school

about babson, well, one fine day they realized they cant compete with the two biggies in new england - namely harvard and MIT, on all fronts. so they decided to pick a couple of things and be better than them at that. thats when the whole entrepreneurship funda started. another interesting thing is that their first yr is structured very differently from usual mba programs. the classes are integrated, same case studies being taught by different professors from different disciplines - the idea is that when u are doing business, u cant say, well am a marketing guru .. i cant analyze the financial implications of a marketing decision. they have an "entrepreneurship intensity track" in their second yr, which is selective, and folks in that are expected to float a business venture before the end of their stay at babson. chota seed capital.office space. contacts. prof and alum advisors - u get all the support systems u want.

simba, i am waiting for results from the other 2 schools i apped to , namely ISB and MIT , so still too early for me to say 😃

Hey Shameek, that's great news!

Congrats!!!

And yes, all the best for your ISB...err.."interview"

Hey Shameek,
Bahut bahut mubarak on ur admit Grt going. ATB
Here's wishing that this thread gets to see many more of such good news

thanks guys !

my understanding of this whole schol thingy :
for lower ranked b schools, yes, its ur score which matters a lot for schol and admit decisions. for top 10, ur scores are just yet another parameter for an admit, and are less important, because they get thousands of applicants with 750+ scores

i think i got the schol because :
1. my essays were sincere, simple and passionate
2. my gmat was good
3. my interview, in person, went very well
4. i had been talking to alums and adcomm for more than a year and a half, since babson was always one of my top choices. so they knew of my interest in the school

about babson, well, one fine day they realized they cant compete with the two biggies in new england - namely harvard and MIT, on all fronts. so they decided to pick a couple of things and be better than them at that. thats when the whole entrepreneurship funda started. another interesting thing is that their first yr is structured very differently from usual mba programs. the classes are integrated, same case studies being taught by different professors from different disciplines - the idea is that when u are doing business, u cant say, well am a marketing guru .. i cant analyze the financial implications of a marketing decision. they have an "entrepreneurship intensity track" in their second yr, which is selective, and folks in that are expected to float a business venture before the end of their stay at babson. chota seed capital.office space. contacts. prof and alum advisors - u get all the support systems u want.

simba, i am waiting for results from the other 2 schools i apped to , namely ISB and MIT , so still too early for me to say :)

This is truly impressive..... great...

Ketan

Congrats arboreal
can u tell us what was ur Gmat and toefl score. And also the work experience u have. is it really necessary to have a work experience to get admitted into a B-school.

i had a 770 in gmat. i got a toefl waiver. 4 yrs work ex at matriculation

work ex is necessary for u to get the max leverage out of ur MBA. lots of lower ranked schools do admit u without work ex, but ur chances at schols get limited. top 10 schools would be tuff to get into without good work ex, though if u are a superstar and have taken on leadership roles early on, in ur college xtras for example, there are schools like HBS and Stan which does encourage such superstars to apply

Hi,

great news...........congrats.........best of luck for MIT n ISB.

arboreal_tarantula Says
i had a 770 in gmat. i got a toefl waiver. 4 yrs work ex at matriculation

could u throw some light on the kind of work ex. sector, job/entrepreneur/family biz etc.

work ex in hi-tech products firms ( blue chip and startup ). engineer.