Admissions Open - SMOT School Of Business

Admissions open for the July Batch '10 at SMOT School Of Business, An Academy for Management Education situated on the IT Superhighway of Chennai - the Knowledge City of Asia. SMOT offers a learning experience that matches with the best in class. …

Admissions open for the July Batch '10 at SMOT School Of Business, An Academy for Management Education situated on the IT Superhighway of Chennai - the Knowledge City of Asia. SMOT offers a learning experience that matches with the best in class. Post Graduate Program in Business Management (PGDBM), equivalent to MBA. SMOT is affiliated to Bharathidasan University, Trichy.

Applications are out and can also be downloaded from SMOT's website www.smot.edu.in

Admissions open for the July Batch '10 at SMOT School Of Business, An Academy for Management Education situated on the IT Superhighway of Chennai - the Knowledge City of Asia. SMOT offers a learning experience that matches with the best in class. Post Graduate Program in Business Management (PGDBM), equivalent to MBA. SMOT is affiliated to Bharathidasan University, Trichy.

Applications are out and can also be downloaded from SMOT's website www.smot.edu.in

Hey Mishaalhk,

Please tell us more about the program schools etc.

Thanks.
Hey Mishaalhk,

Please tell us more about the program schools etc.

Thanks.

SMOT School of Business was started 3 years back by Prof. Narasimhan (co-founder of Great Lakes Institute of Management).
Our Honorary Dean Prof N.Jayasankaran is a Former Director of Bharathidasan Institute of Management (BIM).
The institute is located on the OMR road or the IT Corridor in Chennai, strategically well placed for corporate visibility.

SMOT has tied up with Bharathidasan University and the PGDBM (MBA) degree offered is UGC recognized.
To get the best from the west it has also collaborated with St Mary's University, Canada.

SMOT offers a unique 16 months PGDBM program (1 year programs + internship).
The PGDBM programs is very rigorous and is structured into 4 terms of 4 months each.
Specializations offered are Marketing, Finance, HR and Operations.
The faculty is drawn from major corporates bodies (PWC, Fidelity) and premier B Schools (Great Lakes, BIM).
The infrastructure is good - wifi, air-conditioned, projectors, speakers, etc the usual stuff. The library has a good collection of books and online journals.
The placement records of the previous batches were very good with 100% placements. Placement Report

As far as I know, SMOT is the only college in India which provides consulting module, which is conducted by Canadian Association of Management Consultants (CMC, Canada - one of the foremost consulting bodies).

The admission for the 16 months PGDBM which commences in July starts now.
Please let me know if you need anything specific.

Can you tell me,what is the cut-off in CAT???And what about the course fees???With 64.66 percentile in Cat do I stand a chance???

Hi Sanmoy,

The CAT score is used to waive off the SMOT Entrance Test(SET) on a case to case basis. So, I would suggest that you fill the application and depending on the decision of the management, you may or may not need to write the exam. The course fee is currently under re-structuring and certainly will have a downward revision from the current 4.7Lakh INR. I will update you on the fee-structure as soon as I am enlightened on the same.

Regards,
Mishaal Hamza
Smot School of Business
SMOT - Top Business School in Chennai, PGDBM equivalent to MBA, Full time post graduate programme in business management
Follow us on Twitter (ID) : SmotBSchool
Facebook Group:Mishaal Hamza | Facebook

I got 75%ile in CAT, What are the chances of me getting through? Also can any seniors tell me whether there has been 100% placement for the previous year? Looking forward to any reply

VishalK1985 Says
I got 75%ile in CAT, What are the chances of me getting through? Also can any seniors tell me whether there has been 100% placement for the previous year? Looking forward to any reply

Dear Vishal

At SMOT the management looks at the complete profile of the candidate and not just at the CAT scores. So I can't comment about your chances just by looking at your CAT score. Do you have any work experience?
The placements for the previous batches have been 100% and the scenario will definitely be better after the Bharathidasan tie up.

Thanks for your reply, RatPack
I having been working in our family run concern for the past five years, but we have only recently registered our company. I don't know whether SMOT would consider that as work ex or not.

Thanks for your reply, RatPack
I having been working in our family run concern for the past five years, but we have only recently registered our company. I don't know whether SMOT would consider that as work ex or not.

Any experience is welcome in a B School.
What i suggest is, you fill up the application or approach the admission team in SMOT and they will help you out.
All the best Buddy

as per my kwlege rite nw placements are going on so plz tell me the avg package for "FRESHERS"

because i myself is a fresher plz tell me avg package in marketing especially for freshers and tell me the fees

rishi_chatur Says
as per my kwlege rite nw placements are going on so plz tell me the avg package for "FRESHERS"

Hey Rishi
Some of them are still waiting for the final offers, therefore the placement results will be officially declared in another 2-3 weeks time on the website.

Hi Rishi,

The average package for "Freshers" is 3.5 p.a from the results of the previous batches. Please do visit the college website for more details on placements and other issues. That being said, dont hesitate to post your queries here!!

Regards,
Mishaal Hamza
SMOT School Of Business
Follow us on twitter: SMOT Business School (SmotBSchool) on Twitter

Sorry about the previous post, thought this post was not replied earlier. But as per the placement team they have informed that 3.5 pa is the average and has been posted in the website. This is for the previous batches and does not apply to the batch which just passed out. As per "ratpack"'s post the final offers are yet to be out after which i will be letting you know.

Regards,
Mishaal Hamza

Hi,

This is Sreeni, having 2.5 yrs of work exp in TCS, could you please let me know about the final date to apply for th 16 months course.

Hi Sreeni,

The last date to apply for the 16 month program is May 28th 2010. Applications can be downloaded from the website. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Mishaal
Website: SMOT - Top Business School in Chennai, PGDBM equivalent to MBA, Full time post graduate programme in business management
Follow us on twitter: SMOT Business School (SmotBSchool) on Twitter

Hi,

Can u tell me when the classes start ( approx date )

Hi,

Can u tell me when the classes start ( approx date )

The classes should be starting in the first or second week of july.

Hi Sreeni,

The exact date of the commencement of the July batch is not fixed, Once done will be updated to you!!

Also Please have a look into our website for the commencement once announced : www.smot.edu.in

Regards,
Mishaal
SMOT School Of Business
Follow us : SMOT Business School (SmotBSchool) on Twitter