Admission Process - IIMC PGPEX V

Hello Everyone, We are current students of PGPEX-IV and would like to welcome you all to this new forum and hope that the forum proves to be a good companion for your journey. We are starting this thread to answer your queries regarding …

Hello Everyone,

We are current students of PGPEX-IV and would like to welcome you all to this new forum and hope that the forum proves to be a good companion for your journey.

We are starting this thread to answer your queries regarding the PGPEX V admission process, course structure, batch profile, life @ IIMC and any other relevant query. Application process for PGPEX V would be starting soon.

Please feel free to post your queries.

Regards
PGPEX Batch of 2010-11 (IV Batch)
http://www.iimcal.ac.in/pgpex/
Hello Everyone,
We are current students of PGPEX-IV and would like to welcome you all to this new forum and hope that the forum proves to be a good companion for your journey.
We are starting this thread to answer your queries regarding the PGPEX V admission process, course structure, batch profile, life @ IIMC and any other relevant query. Application process for PGPEX V would be starting soon.
Please feel free to post your queries.
Regards
PGPEX Batch of 2010-11 (IV Batch)
http://www.iimcal.ac.in/pgpex/

Hi,

Last year by this time admissions have been opened(May11th) and deadline was 31st July. Is there any reasons for delay? May be they want to make everything online similar to IIMA from this year.
Are they are planning to increase the nos. of seat this time..

Rgds,
P.

PGPEX_IV,

What is the median GMAT score and average experience of the participants? Current strength seems to be low as compared to that of IIM A. Any idea if IIMC is thinking of increasing the batch size?
My profile is as follows. Will appreciate if you can provide me your feedback to strengthen it any area keeping in view that I am from IT pool.

GMAT: 720/5
Education X - 79%, XII - 81%, BE - Electronics(69%)
Exp: 12 years in IT, currently as Product Manager for 5+ years
Certification - PMP and INS (Insurance cert.)
Int Exp: 2 years in US, Europe and Asia Pacific
Ext Curricular - Good till college, Avg during work exp.

Right now we don't have any confirmed information of proposed batch size for PGPEX V, we should be getting back to the forum very soon with all the information. As for your GMAT score and profile they are good specially with your experience of 12 years. Ofcourse with this you would require a good application, recos and good interview.
Right now we dont have any confirmed information of proposed batch size for PGPEX V, we should be getting back to the forum very soon with all the information. As for your GMAT score and profile they are good specially with your experience of 12 years. Ofcourse with this you would require a good application, recos and good interview.

Hi,
When application process is starting by adcom?

hey,

I am applying for the IIMC PGPEX for the first time this year. My profile looks like
GMAT score: 710
Exp: 6 yrs IT (in three organizations of different flavor). Have lead small teams from technical and functional perspective
Intl Exp: 3 months (US)
Acad: 10 -> 78%, 12 -> 85%, Engg -> 87%(In a regional college thru Joint Entrance)
EC: Have been a core member of an NGO since last one year and have lead 3 health camps in that tenure
Have published a paper in a national journal in association with ISI, Kol while doing vocational training over there

Any suggestions on how I stand and how can I project myself better?

-SubhraB

hey,

I am applying for the IIMC PGPEX for the first time this year. My profile looks like
GMAT score: 710
Exp: 6 yrs IT (in three organizations of different flavor). Have lead small teams from technical and functional perspective
Intl Exp: 3 months (US)
Acad: 10 -> 78%, 12 -> 85%, Engg -> 87%(In a regional college thru Joint Entrance)
EC: Have been a core member of an NGO since last one year and have lead 3 health camps in that tenure
Have published a paper in a national journal in association with ISI, Kol while doing vocational training over there

Any suggestions on how I stand and how can I project myself better?

-SubhraB

Hey SubhraB,

Well round and competitive,Do importance to recos and apps.

Hi,

Do multiple GMAT attempts within 1 year (590, 600 and finally 700) throw a negative light on the application?

Rgds
Bhs

IMHO multiple attempts does not throw a bad light as long as you can come up with a good score in your last attempt. What is a good score is a subjective matter. I'm not sure of your background but most of the Indian IT junta have very good GMAT scores > 720.

Greetings,
Glad to see that the latest thread has been let loose by the Batch IV folks. Even gladder to note that profile evaluation is acceptable and probably even promoted.
I am looking at PGP-EX at IIMC as a potential option for my MBA next year.
As per the website, I believe, the applications portal will open by June end. I had tried contacting the admissions team; but after a mail, some follow up and no response yet, I think the effort has gone in vain. Not really complaining as calling is easier and quicker. Yet, there is much to be hoped from especially when compared with international schools, or maybe even ISB.

Anyway, digressions are not welcome, especially when the task @ hand is immediate. About me:
B.Tech (Mech) - NIT Calicut (above avg acads)
Work Ex (2011) - 6 years: 3.5 @ ABB, Projects + 2.5 @ Infosys, SAP Consulting
GMAT - 740
Extra work - Toastmaster, MBA Coaching & Counseling, German Level A Certificate...
I think that is all about it. Any comments or suggestions will be most welcome!

On a different note, what sort of mix does one find in the PGP-EX course? Does the fairer gender have any representation? Any Foreign students? The course includes a 2 weeks stint at a foreign university, right?
Does the application involve Essays, Recos OR is it only for Short listed folks (like IIMA this year)?
Any light on these dark spots will be most welcome...

Good Night and Good Luck!
-Anand

Hi,

GMAT: 700 (3rd attempt as mentioned in last post), AWA 6
Work ex: 12 yrs. (IT)
Qual: BE (Electrical)

Rest of the details are quite standard. Though it's very subjective, still will it be considered a good profile?

Rgds
Bhs

Hey Anand,

Things are slow but they do come arnd so dont worry and i guess thats why we are here to help you guys.

As for your profile looks good, but thats one part of the story. PGPEX application process is very detailed and thats why generally starts very early in the year. Other than the GMAT score you have, you will need to write 3-5 essays, SOP, 2-3 reocs (Min) and then after evaluation of all that you might be called for a PE.

As for gender diversity in our batch the ratio is 90 -10 %. so we do have diversity in that sense.

No Foreign students in our group but Indian guys are selected from abroad.
Yes there is a 4 week internship at some foreign university. As for university it changes year on year bases according to the MOUs of IIM C with different universities.

Hope that sheds some light on your doubts.

All the best

Cheers!!

PGPEX IV

Hey Bhs,

700 shd be ok score with your 12 yrs of exp. Just make sure you have a strong application.

Cheers!!

PGPEX IV

Hi,
can you shed some light on the placements for the batch that passed out in March-April this year.
I'm particularly interested in placements for those who had a previous IT background and especially who had a long stint in IT (10+ years).

Hey Anand,

Things are slow but they do come arnd so dont worry and i guess thats why we are here to help you guys.

As for your profile looks good, but thats one part of the story. PGPEX application process is very detailed and thats why generally starts very early in the year. Other than the GMAT score you have, you will need to write 3-5 essays, SOP, 2-3 reocs (Min) and then after evaluation of all that you might be called for a PE.

As for gender diversity in our batch the ratio is 90 -10 %. so we do have diversity in that sense.

No Foreign students in our group but Indian guys are selected from abroad.
Yes there is a 4 week internship at some foreign university. As for university it changes year on year bases according to the MOUs of IIM C with different universities.

Hope that sheds some light on your doubts.

All the best

Cheers!!

PGPEX IV

Thank you PGPEX IV team,

Very glad to hear from you soon enough. I think it is time to await the opening of the link to admissions in the website to exactly know whats to come. The procedure certainly is demanding; but maybe that is for the best.

I seek a clarification on one more matter; not very bright, but important enough. Do Academics and Work achievements score more points than say an extra curricular yet significant achievement? Well, typically it does, but there is a fair weightage to the latter too. I had a general notion that IIMC was more academically oriented and more objective than subjective in their admissions analysis. Kindly help me understand better, if possible.
Lastly, is career shift looked upon as an acceptable option? Say from IT Consulting to Operations consulting. I know a detailed analysis is required. But generally is progress along the same path a more acceptable option (to the admissions team i.e.) than otherwise?

Thank you once again for your time and effort; immensely appreciated.
G'Day!
-Anand

Hi Seniors,

I am an aspirant of the IIMC - PGPEX programme . I could not get this info easily available in their website and hence asking it here .

When does the PGPEX session start ? I had seen that earlier it was December of any year . But this might not be the scenario now . Could someone post a summary of all imporatant dates based upon last/current year's intake ? I am looking at 1. application 2. shortlisted candidates 3. interview 4. final interview and 5. session start DATES .

Thanks .

Hi Seniors,

What is the range and median GMAT score for the current batch?

B/Rgds,

alpha.scorpion

Hi,

Here is a snapshot of my profile:
B. Tech and M. Tech from IIT
6 years of exp by 2011.. 3 years IT and 3 years in finance in a KPO.
done some certifications like FRM and CFA Level I
Pretty good acads : 2nd topper in department at IIT (cgpa 8.8/10)
GMAT : 680 (thats the worst thing in the profile)
No international experience
Extra curriculars only at college level

even if i attempt gmat again i m not confident of improving it to any better with the amount of time left.. i guess the application date would be somewhere in august.. or is it July end itself like previous years.
can anyone shed light on this..

also people who are already in . can they comment on the gmat score .. is it really too low to think of admission.

any comments are welcome .

Hi,
can you shed some light on the placements for the batch that passed out in March-April this year.
I'm particularly interested in placements for those who had a previous IT background and especially who had a long stint in IT (10+ years).

I too have the same question. Infact, this is one of the most important question that many of us might have. Can you please provide details?