Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management 2012-13

Hi All, I am starting a new thread for the PGPIM 4th Batch at the Adani Institute of Infrastructure in Ahmedabad. The admission process will start in November. I am a current student at AIIM and will be answering questions regarding the…

Hi All,

I am starting a new thread for the PGPIM 4th Batch at the Adani Institute of Infrastructure in Ahmedabad.

The admission process will start in November. I am a current student at AIIM and will be answering questions regarding the course. The program now starts in July, instead of september earlier.

Some links to the admission related pages on the AIIM website.
Placement 2010: Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management
FAQ Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management
2011-12 Batch profile Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management

hi...can u please give ur contact number here...

@Siddharth Check ur PMs
@Hi Abhi,

1. I haven't heard about it officially. But even if it is planned its not going to start soon.

2. If u have seen the placement stats, for ppl with infra/transport background its the best bet. We have infra companies coming to hire for Mid-management roles.

3. the main difference is that those are general MBAs. Theoretically your sector choices at AIIM will not be as wide as these places. Infrastructure is still broad including all transport (incl.logistics, supply chain) power and energy, real estate, facility management, infra finance, Policy and regulation. None the less, once you are here, you are free to pursue your interests if you can combine it with infrastructure . The institute will back you. Thats the advantage of being a small batch.

Siddharth Madan Says
hi...can u please give ur contact number here...

Would prefer if you asked the questions here.

Hello Pranay
How's the experience so far at AIIM? It's good to see an early thread for the fourth batch. What's news on placement scene of the second batch?

hey hi...
i want to know what kind of job profiles would be on offer after this program...I mean I am not clear as to what kind of roles we would get into in organisations...If you can share some examples it would be very helpful...Thanks

hey hi...
i want to know what kind of job profiles would be on offer after this program...I mean I am not clear as to what kind of roles we would get into in organisations...If you can share some examples it would be very helpful...Thanks

@siddharth
the profile offered to 1st batch is very much quoted by AIIM in their program prospectus and on their website. I have not yet heard of placement of 2nd batch :-(
participants in 1st batch were offered mid level and higher roles depending on their past experiences.

Abhi,

My suggestion would be to give GMAT and prepare well for it. Nothing to do with the institute.
1. Though your profile looks good enough, you cannot depend on only AIIM to get an admission. GMAT score is valid for longer and accepted other schools as well.
2. A better GMAT score (700+) will only make your profile stronger and may help even during placements.
Same logic for CAT though validity is more limited.

Siddharth & Barun,

Nice to see the amount of attention this thread is getting. You can search for AIIM on Linkedin and see almost all of the profiles for the 1st batch.

Placements of the second batch are going on, final offers are coming. This batch is predominantly from IT background, hence experience is not much of a factor going for the batch. Again good scores (academic and aptitude) will help you in the placement process.

If you are going to base your decisions of applying on the placements I suggest you have patience till the placement is over. Anyway, The application process does not start for some more time. Though, one thing I can say for sure, if you are from a infra background you don't have anything to worry about.

The institute is still in the brand building phase so individual performances will matter a lot.

Abhi,

My suggestion would be to give GMAT and prepare well for it. Nothing to do with the institute.
1. Though your profile looks good enough, you cannot depend on only AIIM to get an admission. GMAT score is valid for longer and accepted other schools as well.
2. A better GMAT score (700+) will only make your profile stronger and may help even during placements.
Same logic for CAT though validity is more limited.

Siddharth & Barun,

Nice to see the amount of attention this thread is getting. You can search for AIIM on Linkedin and see almost all of the profiles for the 1st batch.

Placements of the second batch are going on, final offers are coming. This batch is predominantly from IT background, hence experience is not much of a factor going for the batch. Again good scores (academic and aptitude) will help you in the placement process.

If you are going to base your decisions of applying on the placements I suggest you have patience till the placement is over. Anyway, The application process does not start for some more time. Though, one thing I can say for sure, if you are from a infra background you don't have anything to worry about.

The institute is still in the brand building phase so individual performances will matter a lot.

@pranay
kind of placements infra guys will be getting concerns me.... inconsistency in batch profile will nt help much in brand building....i hope AIIM must hv learned something from experience of 2nd batch so far... as third batch profile is more leaned towards infra sector....hope the learning is going good and great career opportunities ll be on offer after program completion....

@ barun

Just a Note: I am answering these questions in my personal capacity, I have not been mandated by the administration.

Well certainly they have learnt from the previous batch's experience. from the feedback we have received from professors and even seniors is that our batch is the strongest yet, and hopefully the batches will get even stronger in future. Expectations are higher all-around even from academic POV. Even the diversity is much higher.

Anyways, I'm curious to know what is your profile.

@abhi.napti 1984

AS per my knowledge, there is very much a plan for 2 year mba also . In face it was supposed to start this year but because of issues with AICTE of most of the 2 year MBA programmes, it has been postponed.

P.S.: This information is as per my knowledge and is not something official

Hi All,
As for the placements of the second batch, it is too early to comment. The placements are still going on and their curriculum has not finished yet.

Also, this is a college if you have real flare for infrastructure sector and not for someone who is looking for general management or a management degree.

Faculty competency over here is one sure thing our whole batch can vouch for. All the faculties are absolutely outstanding and have phenomenal knowledge and experience.

Hope all this helps.

Thanks
Gaurav Vaish
AIIM 3RD Batch

@ barun

Just a Note: I am answering these questions in my personal capacity, I have not been mandated by the administration.

Well certainly they have learnt from the previous batch's experience. from the feedback we have received from professors and even seniors is that our batch is the strongest yet, and hopefully the batches will get even stronger in future. Expectations are higher all-around even from academic POV. Even the diversity is much higher.

Anyways, I'm curious to know what is your profile.

@Pranay
I am Barun Jha, I took deferral , will be joining 4th batch. As far as profile goes, you can call me just another infra guy...

Hi all,
My cousin has completed his PGPIM (second batch). One guy from the first batch Devesh, similar to how pranay is doing now, tried to market the college. Listening to him, many guys joined in second batch.
Please note that hardly 3 guys are placed by now taht too with packages of 6.5 L, 7.1 L. two guys placed are from IT and one from Infra background.

Don't get carried away by Pranay's words. He spent hardly one month in the campus and is trying to market the Bschool. Please call any second batch guys and take a call. Please remember that only 3 guys are placed. Pranay might definetly be knowing this but is trying to pull everyone into the well, just as he is in, now.

If anybody wants any info, feel free to post, Ill ask my cousin and get back. Don't take decision in haste. It costs you 14 L

HI MBA2013INFRA,
I appreciate your concern for the society in general but firstly noone here lied about anything. I very clearly wrote that the placements are still going on and definitely the whole batch has not been placed yet but confirm from ur cousin tat its much better then what u r claiming . Anyways official figures are not to be posted.
Although we have freedom of expression and u can and u r using this opportunity to the fullest but I guess everybody willing to spend 14l is sensible enough to take his own decision and will not require the expertise of a guy who is not even a part of this college.
Nobody is trying to mislead anybody and this is just a forum to help and clear the doubt of prospective students. Nobody has made any wrong or tall claims and neither has anybody given the wrong figures.
So,I think its not right to sabotage any institution when you are not even a part of it.
I guess you are also from one of the B schools.

Gaurav
PGPIM 3RD BATCH

Hi all,
My cousin has completed his PGPIM (second batch). One guy from the first batch Devesh, similar to how pranay is doing now, tried to market the college. Listening to him, many guys joined in second batch.
Please note that hardly 3 guys are placed by now taht too with packages of 6.5 L, 7.1 L. two guys placed are from IT and one from Infra background.

Don't get carried away by Pranay's words. He spent hardly one month in the campus and is trying to market the Bschool. Please call any second batch guys and take a call. Please remember that only 3 guys are placed. Pranay might definetly be knowing this but is trying to pull everyone into the well, just as he is in, now.

Dear MBA2013Infra,

I don't know your first name is, but seems like you just joined and these are your first 2 posts. And your username suggests that you also want to do an Infra MBA.

First off I think that's quite a personal comment, to put it mildly. Yes you are right, I am marketing the college and out of very selfish motives. Don't know if you have read Ayn Rand or studied economics, but if everybody acts in self interest it is best for the society.

I said something to the effect of "placements are going on, final offers are being made (by that i meant that process has reached a stage where people are getting offer letters) and please wait for the placement report if you want to decide based on that. Anyways the placement process does not start till November" I think thats fair and transparent "reporting" of facts rather than giving an "opinion". You can quote me on anything else I wrote.

And of the Devesh you are talking about, here is his linkedin profile http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=37253098. I think he is doing pretty decently, manager in Reliance infra, ppl can check out for themselves. If he has had a good experience, then is it wrong for him to talk about his institute in a favourable way?

If you are talking about influencing people, this second batch has also marketed the institute and some of us have joined based on that, and as per your post they are not even doing well, so we (third batch) should blaming people like your cousin for misleading us. So technically I am in deeper shit than you are and I'm still smiling. Question is, am I getting my money's worth. I think I am. And I am putting every effort to market this institute to corporates as well.

Gaurav has already said that your placement info is old and outdated so I won't dwell on that. But I have reason to doubt your motives, since you want to do Infra MBA, you have no name, you just joined pagalguy and these are your first posts, and you are being "Selfless" even though you have no skin in the game. So is it that you want admission to the school, so you are trying to reduce the competition? 😉

Try to raise your crebility a bit by telling a bit more about yourself.

TC,
Pranay.

Pranay&Gaurav;,
I did not join any Bschool as yet. I had been planning to join the same AIIM next year that is 2012. I knew about the college only after my cousin joined. So the argument that I am trying to tarnish a Bschool image does not stand.

All I wanted to say is that my cousin was also very much carried away by the publicity made and ultimately joined. He is now regretting his decision. I wanted to tell just this.

Also, I never asked anyone not to join the college. I asked people to talk to second batch guys because they just completed their course and can give a true picture of what is happening with the placements there. Hence, please do not take it personally.

After knowing what is happening there, I have decided not to join the college. I agree that the teaching there is extraordinary, that is what my cousin too said but what is the use if only 3-4 guys are placed that too with packages 6.5 L. I wanted to just show this angle too.

By the ways I am Ram. I joined Pagalguy recently because I have been planning to pursue an MBA next year and this site appeared useful. Hence I joined it.