Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management 2011-12

Hi, I’m interested in applying for this college, but still it would be great if someone can tell me more about this college? how are the placements etc… I have 5.5 years of experience in IT. Will it be a good move to switch to Infrastr…

Hi,

I'm interested in applying for this college, but still it would be great if someone can tell me more about this college? how are the placements etc...

I have 5.5 years of experience in IT. Will it be a good move to switch to Infrastructure at this juncture? Any of ex-AIIMians here with IT background..pls help....

-Thanks,
Pearl

Hi,

I'm interested in applying for this college, but still it would be great if someone can tell me more about this college? how are the placements etc...

I have 5.5 years of experience in IT. Will it be a good move to switch to Infrastructure at this juncture? Any of ex-AIIMians here with IT background..pls help....

-Thanks,
Pearl

Hi Pearl

I can share my experience at AIIM. I was from an IT background and managed to get two offers from two of India's topmost infra companies.
My personal experience has been superb. A number of infra companies visited the campus. When you look at it from the perspective that it was the first year, executive program, the performance has been good.

The academic infrastructure is the strength of the institute. The quality faculty was the best and I personaaly feel that it was a worthwhile investment.

Regards
devzz

Hi All,

I am also interesated in AIIM and thus have applied for that too.
I am having 1.5 years of healthcare IT exp. and thus my concern is that is this profile suitable ?and what extra steps i should take as in for the interview preps so that my chances can become bright to crack the same.
As mentioned here switch from IT to infra is not a problem and above that infra structure is my personal interest too,but was wondering if u cxan give me some guidance wat to read to add some more to the basic knowledge of infrastructure sector.

Thanks .

@nevercry: I do not see any reason for you to be concerne about your profile. However, coming back what stops you from expanding your own domain..I mean healthcare/social infra, IT infra etc. Infra doesnt realy mean roads, railways etc. It is a huge concept in itself.
I would first advice that initially business newpapers, magazines would be good enough. You could probably explore more once you get an offer.

Regards
devzz

sorry double post.

Hi all aspirants,

Myself Aditya Kumar, current batch student.

Aiim is a gud institute with great infra and faculty line up.

@abhi...u must apply and u will definitely get thru....ur experience is very relevant....All the best.

@nevercry....i think minimum number of work experience might be an issue with u....but i am not sure...plzz confirm with Mr. Ashok shah.

@Pearl....current batch has 85% IT guys and 1st batch placements have been superb for IT guyz also...Please refer to website....www.aiim.ac.in

Hi all aspirants,

Myself Aditya Kumar, current batch student.

Aiim is a gud institute with great infra and faculty line up.

@abhi...u must apply and u will definitely get thru....ur experience is very relevant....All the best.

@nevercry....i think minimum number of work experience might be an issue with u....but i am not sure...plzz confirm with Mr. Ashok shah.

@Pearl....current batch has 85% IT guys and 1st batch placements have been superb for IT guyz also...Please refer to website....www.aiim.ac.in

@jammed4u: Thanks Aditya...I pass on the baton to you guys (2nd batch) now. Would be grateful if you could respond to the queries that would be posted on this thread now. Let me know in case of any info.

seniors plz help,
with 75 % in cat, 2.5 years of job in infrastructure sector as a project engineer in tata consulting engineer, what are the chances in this college.
10th 83
12th 70
engg 78

what is the selection process. 1.do they give waitage to cat score as they demanded cat score of 07,08,09 and 10. but, cat score are valid for only one year. 2. there is no scholarship programme from their end .
seniours plz help.

hello puys,

i am new on pagalguy and also i wanted some info regarding AIIM. i wanted to apply for the college through GMAT, so can anybody tell me what will be cutoff score for the same.
Plus i have only 20 months of experiance till date

Selection process is basically GMAT / CAT score with decent track record , relevant experience and ability to convince why u want to change over to infra field.

As regards about edu loan it depends more or less on ur repaying capability to bank, so no comments on that as it is between a student and bank.

Institute and faculty is not great BUT par excellence.

So waiting for next batch to join in Jul 2011.

By the way I am a retired army officer (21 yrs work ex )and presently undergoing course at AIIM.

::cheerio::drinking:

your experience may be a hurdle....nevertheless you can try....

hello puys,

i am new on pagalguy and also i wanted some info regarding AIIM. i wanted to apply for the college through GMAT, so can anybody tell me what will be cutoff score for the same.
Plus i have only 20 months of experiance till date

please apply without any second thought, your profile is good...very good chances of a call...........

seniors plz help,
with 75 % in cat, 2.5 years of job in infrastructure sector as a project engineer in tata consulting engineer, what are the chances in this college.
10th 83
12th 70
engg 78

@ Devzz...u r always welcome and thanx. Some of us have started to reply, will ask others also to have a look in.

@abhi...in your case u shud contact Credila. They will contribute 100% fees, including mess charges. But obviously will charge interest rates on higher sides. You can get the info from Credila's site...:: Credilas Education Loan India Web Site ::

Also i dont know whether rest of the associated banks will give 100% fees. I will ask other guys here to provide more info on this.

@ Kislay...please apply without any doubt. U have really good chances of making it.

@Puneet...dont know about the cut offs.

Selection process is basically GMAT / CAT score with decent track record , relevant experience and ability to convince why u want to change over to infra field.

As regards about edu loan it depends more or less on ur repaying capability to bank, so no comments on that as it is between a student and bank.

Institute and faculty is not great BUT par excellence.

So waiting for next batch to join in Jul 2011.

By the way I am a retired army officer (21 yrs work ex )and presently undergoing course at AIIM.

::cheerio::drinking:

hey
anujrawatarmy

did u got placed??

Buddy, please read last line of my post n it says that as of now I am attending the course. Cheers.

i m haing 2.5 yrs exp in reliance industries ltd.

my cat score is 92 percentile
xii 86
grad 78 chemical eng

i have been called for interview on 13th feb ...

my ques is dat with 2.5 yrs of exp can i expect gud placement coz average exp s around 5 years ........ also my age is around 24.5 yrs ....

plz guide ........

one thing is for sure you will get double of what u r getting now...
ATB for your interview....

i m haing 2.5 yrs exp in reliance industries ltd.

my cat score is 92 percentile
xii 86
grad 78 chemical eng

i have been called for interview on 13th feb ...

my ques is dat with 2.5 yrs of exp can i expect gud placement coz average exp s around 5 years ........ also my age is around 24.5 yrs ....

plz guide ........

I just came across the school thread today & went to see the website also.The school looked pretty good to expand my know how & increase my profile competency in the relevant sector:
Profile: CAT 2010:88.37 %ile

Xth:90.33 %
XII:79.60 %
BTech(Electronics & Instrumentation) :71.86.%
Work ex: 31 months till date in Alstom (Power Sector )
Current salary:4.82 LPA

So wat would u suggest should i apply.The only flip side I see is the fact that the fee is higher than what I can afford.Is it a good ROI?.. as I have applied to some other schools to based on my XAT score which is 94 %ile(cudnt get through XLRI because of 52 %ile in QA 😞 )

Is the institute good value addition & one more question since the institute batch profile suggest the average workex to be 5 years would i be at a disadvantage when i would sit for lateral placements because I am sure the profile the companies would offer they would definitely be much better for more experienced guys..SO should I apply now or should I need some more work ex?:lookround: