Acumen Quiz registration for B-schools in South India is on!

Helloa Puys!!! The North Zone activites of the Acumen 2006 have already started. The registration desk was swarmed by B-Schoolers right from the morning and the enthusiasm was amazing. The preliminary rounds of the debate are over and…

Helloa Puys!!!

The North Zone activites of the Acumen 2006 have already started.

The registration desk was swarmed by B-Schoolers right from the morning and the enthusiasm was amazing.
The preliminary rounds of the debate are over and the following teams have qualified for the quarter finals -

Topic for Quarter Finals : CSR is just PR
1) Balaji ( pg id - harish_aspirant) and Ali Asgar from IMT Ghaziabad
2) Priyanka and Soumya from MDI , Gurgaon
3) Chhanda Das and Ruchi Sharma from AMITY
4) Ritesh Patel ( pg id - euphoria ) Shivanku Misra ( pg id - shivanq) from IMI Delhi

Topic for Quarter Finals : FDI wil kill local industry
5) Ankush ( our own Quintessence ) and Nishika Bajaj from FMS Delhi
6) Swarnim and Arka Bhatacharya ( arkuscaesar on PG ) from IIFT Delhi
7) Swati Gupta and Nandita Verma from ICFAI
Akshat Tyagi and Divya Mohan from LBS, Delhi

the quarter finals are going to start in a minute. we will keep u updated with the happenings here !!!

Enjoy

Rohit

Quinty aur Euphy ko Besshtt oofff Luucckkk bol dena!

OH !! So the quater finals have started..Wishing all the PG ites a grand success and GNRS ..if we could have Podcast of this event with Video too.....i'll be at PG H.Q. with blank CD's

Good work guys...!!

All the Best to all the puys! Rock on!! :thumbsup:

me too attended d Accumen and met sumit(bryan adams) and euphoria(ritesh)...d event was gr8...very well organised...thumbsup guys!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
harsha bhogle and d gal rashmi as hosts wer brilliant...there were lot of prizes and vouchers and lucky draws being given to d audience as well...
Debate was captivating...gr8 participation frm all d semi-final teams which were...IIFT,MDI,Amity,Fms Delhi...quintee was rocking...teams qualified for final rounds wer IIFT and MDI...and d business quiz had a tuff competition too...IMT emergd as d winners,
a gr8 experence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!a must watch...i have returned wid a learning experience and feel more motivated.

were wer u puys i was in d quiz finals & still curse that moment wen i dint answer dat sophia laren question.anyhow thoz 2 imt guys were really good.best of luck to them.
i just want to pin point a mistake in ur acumen zone.actually our instt. name is tbs(the business school) not ubs as is written there. plz correct dat

Well no updates still?

For debate, the team from IIFT - Swarnim and Arka are selected to represent North India in the All India Finals to be held at Mumbai somewhere in November.

For Quiz, the team from IMT have qualified.

But the best event according to me was the Alumni quiz. It was awesome and the standard of quesions as well as the participants were amazing.

regards,
Praveen Kumar

Well no updates still?

For debate, the team from IIFT - Swarnim and Arka are selected to represent North India in the All India Finals to be held at Mumbai somewhere in November.

For Quiz, the team from IMT have qualified.

But the best event according to me was the Alumni quiz. It was awesome and the standard of quesions as well as the participants were amazing.

regards,
Praveen Kumar

Just to elaborate on this,

Rohan Khanna was a man of the game, puys!

He simply rawked the show! To give you a hint of his talent...

His team scored 155 where the second rank team had scored 60 and the last rank team had scored 10 :o

He is working with Accenture and he is ex-FMS guy!

Btw,

Thanks for all the wishes! Unfortunately my team lost to MDI and AMITY gals in the quarter finals.

Ciao. 😃

His team scored 155 where the second rank team had scored 60 and the last rank team had scored 10 :o

this guy is from NSIT and use to rock in all the fests at that time. good to see that he had not lost his touch

there is another quizzer..again a rohan and again an NSITian who is in IIMA..his name is rohan murraka. if he participates, then God save the other teams. he is just super brilliant. he was the captain of the winning NSIT team of the univ challenge last year. its a treat to watch him

BT Acumen was fun this time :wink:

and yes, the IIFT team was good. Wishing them the best of luck for the National finals in Mumbai. Rohan Khanna is a past runner-up @ Acumen Quiz in 2005; though i dont see how he can be beat this time (or for that matter, how he was beaten last time)

Had great fun with rohit, Apurv & the rezident PGites like Ritesh, Sumit, Arvind n company. Just managed a 3rd in the debate finals; which was disappointing. Hope to be in Alum Quiz next year :wink:

Hey all,
Thnx fr ur wishes QunitE bhai...
i ws really grt to hv witnessed w'ful performance by the ppl frm IMT ,in the quiz..and IIFT in the debate ! BTW QunitE, u did wel in the debate yaar..! anyways, it ws grt hvng u guys on campus !
ATB fr the next yr's Alum Quiz !

its still ubs written over there it feels bad that the insti name is not written correctly why in dis forum guys frm fms,iift etc.draw all d attention still baffles me??:

thnx mate:) 😃

Great work !! It would have been nice if there was a podcast so that we unfortunate souls could hear the debates and quizzes

btw where are all the IIMers??

there was an
IIM-L team registered for the debate..but they did'nt turn up, i guess!

there was an
IIM-L team registered for the debate..but they did'nt turn up, i guess!

& there was an iim-l team 4 d quiz too tho they cudn't qualify 4 d finals.
i have 1 question will this event be telecast on cnn-ibn in november.does nybdy know

Quizzophiles!

Download the complete Acumen Quiz (Delhi) questions from here

Guys,

I want to know the format of debates at BT acumen, how were the quarter finalists chosen and then on how he competition proceeds????
also if any one can explain how the semis and finals were held???? like how did they decide who will argue for and against the topic and the detailed format of the semis and finals........

Just to elaborate on this,

Btw,

Thanks for all the wishes! Unfortunately my team lost to MDI and AMITY gals in the quarter finals.

Ciao. :)

Rohan (Accenture) was there as one of the finalists at Tata Crucible 06 and his hold on the lateral thinking questions was very commendable

amitnsitian Says
there is another quizzer..again a rohan and again an NSITian who is in IIMA..his name is rohan murraka. if he participates, then God save the other teams. he is just super brilliant. he was the captain of the winning NSIT team of the univ challenge last year. its a treat to watch him

In the Quizzing Circles Rohan Murakka needs no introduction