About GMATPrep and other Online Tests and Scores

Hi All: I am creating this thread so that all who are preparing for GMAT can discuss their views about the different practice tests that they would be taking in course of their preparation. You can post your detailed score here for a test and your…

Hi All: I am creating this thread so that all who are preparing for GMAT can discuss their views about the different practice tests that they would be taking in course of their preparation. You can post your detailed score here for a test and your thoughts about it. You can comment on the test scores posted by others. You can also comment in the test itself. Their marking strategy and all. This will give us more insight about the kind of marks we would score. I am planning to write the following online tests: 1. GMATPrep Software 1 and 2 2. Kaplan Tests (All 6) 3. Manhattan GMAT Tests 4. Princeton Review tests Let us make it interactive and help each other. Post your scores, give a chance to others to analyse it and suggest you different things and you do the same for your fellow PAGAL GUYS 😃

Hi,

I have a problem...
I have given a couple of manhattan gmat tests and i found the Quant section to be exceptionally tough. I had always felt that my strength is quants and I am good at it. Infacts I had been doing well in the quants section of other mock gmats (800 score tests).

So what I want to know is, are the questions in manhattan gmat tests really extra tought or is this the normal gmat standard?

It would be great if someone who has already given gmat after practing with manhattan tests can throw some light on this...

Hi,

I have a problem...
I have given a couple of manhattan gmat tests and i found the Quant section to be exceptionally tough. I had always felt that my strength is quants and I am good at it. Infacts I had been doing well in the quants section of other mock gmats (800 score tests).

So what I want to know is, are the questions in manhattan gmat tests really extra tought or is this the normal gmat standard?

It would be great if someone who has already given gmat after practing with manhattan tests can throw some light on this...

Hey You are correct. And thank you very much for posting this and confirming this. I even talked to MGMAT guys here, and they also told that Quant is really tougher than what we usually get in GMAT.

I gave MGMAT 1 and my verbal was better than quant 😃 would u believe it?
I couldn't mark the last 5 questions even and finally got a score of 650 😞 .

Following was my complete score. Please post yours too and comment on it.

SCORE & OVERVIEW OF RESULTS TYPESCOREESTIMATED PERCENTILE RANKQuantitative 40 61 % Verbal 38 85 % Total 650 84 %

hi

I gave my MGMAT1 last week. Infact that was my first mock gmat. I was really taken aback by the math questions. I couldnt complete the section with some 6-7 question remaining at the end of the stipulated time.
I managed a 620 (76%)
Q - 41 (64%)
V - 34 (72%)

On the second test I tried to concentrate more on quants. I got a good score although quant was still below my expectations.
I got a 730 (97%)
Q - 45 (77%)
V - 45 (99%)
Although I still feel I havent really reached that mark in verbal. May be I just had one of those days when your guesses go the right way.. I hope I have such a luck on the G-Day! 😃

Hi Friends,

I want Princeton Review Tests, but I was unable to manage it.
Please let me know if any one of you have that and how did you manage it.

Vikas

Vikas,

The Princeton Review tests are much below the standard of the actual GMAT. I was a GMAT prep student at TPR and would come across a lot of students who would get a consistent high score on TPR tests but would score very low on the real GMAT. The abysmally low difficulty level of TPR tests is just a ploy to keep student complaints fewer while the students are enrolled in class room programs.

The standard material for GMAT prep has to be the 10th and 11th OG, Powerpreps from ACT, Paper and pencil tests from mba.com etc.

You can also use Kaplan tests, once your preparation has peaked.
In my case, after scoring a 630 post TPR, I realized I needed help so I had joined

Hi poojakohli,

Thanks for your guidance and Congrates.
720 is really a good score. (I'll be more than happy to get 720 😃 )

I've 2 GMAT Prep tests and 4 Kaplan's.
Do i need more tests or is it sufficient ?

One personal question, When are you planning to start application process and what are you targetting(US/UK/EUROPE or ISB) ?

Vikas