About ESMT

Hi All, Just curious to know, have any of you heard about ESMT (European School of Management and Technology)? Its located at Berlin, Germany. I saw an advt in the Times Of India (Mumbai edition) that the B-school is holding a roadshow at The…

Hi All,

Just curious to know, have any of you heard about ESMT (European School of Management and Technology)? Its located at Berlin, Germany. I saw an advt in the Times Of India (Mumbai edition) that the B-school is holding a roadshow at The Grand Hyatt, Mumbai on the 09th of August.

I wanted to know if anyone of you know this institute? What is its ranking? Also, wanted to know the Job prospects after doing MBA from Germany. How globally is it accepted.

Also, if someone could direct me to the correct thread it would be helpful.

Many Thanks,

-Rama.

I attended the Bangalore road show too.

Here are some of my views on esmt and the info I gathered at the roadshow.

The batch starts in Jan'06 and ends in Dec'06 - perfect for somebody who is looking to join a B-School and get an MBA as soon as possible. But, the president of ESMT mentioned that a TOEFL score is mandatory. The application deadline is Oct 1 and hence one must take the TOEFL exam by Sep 30 atleast. I'm sure the very few slots that are available for TOEFL exam are getting filled up rapidly.

There are only 40 seats which is quite understandable given the fact that they are yet to produce a graduating batch. But, what is disconcerting is that they're not inclined to increase the batch size in the forthcoming years. An important aspect of an MBA is networking and with a small batch size of 40 the options are very limited.

One good aspect about the MBA programme is that it's not started by a university but by a group of 20 odd German and global MNCs - the BMW, Bosch, McKinsey kind. A graduating MBA student, thus, has a high probability to intern in one of these companies and possibly get a job after the MBA in any one of these. Also, they are giving out quite a few need based scholarships (the criteria which almost all Indians will satisfy) which should bring the tuition costs down or in some cases to NIL. But, even then a person has to shell out about 1000 Euros for living expenses (which is quite high when there's no job guarantee).

Overall, my feel for esmt is positive but the EU labour laws and possible discrimination against non-whites might be a big deterrant factor to get a job in Europe/Germany. And after spending a cool 3.2 million INR (w/o any scholarships that is) I wouldn't want to work for an Indian salary atleast until I repay my debt. Having said this I'd also suggest, if there are any freshers watching this forum at the time of this writing to wait for 2 or 3 years, see how this B-School develops its niche and becomes a globally reputed B-School, and then apply.

====
Shiva

PS: Also, it's strange that they are in a .org domain as opposed to the more common .edu domain among educational institutions. Visit their website at www.esmt.org.

Hi Guys,

Is there a new thread on ESMT? I got an e-mail via the GMAT education counselling services. Is there further info on the process, clasroom info, placements etc.?

Regards
Umesh

Hi Guys,
Am also looking for threads on ESMT. Is there any active thread?

I too received an e-mail from the admission team at ESMT. Don't know how did they come to know of my GMAT score. It is a sort of advertising for their MBA course.

Have gone through some info availabe on the net which is not much, and i feel that the foundation of the MBA course is solid unlike any other. I am very tempted to apply.

Any thoughts anyone.