A specialized course or general MBA

Hi Guys , even i am sailing in the same boat. I am a s/w engg. with 2 years of exp… I have got admits from - 1-THUNDERBIRD- Scholarship 50% tution waiver 2-TEXAS A & M- $ 9 k and resident fees status + GA THunder bird is c…

Hi Guys ,

even i am sailing in the same boat.

I am a s/w engg. with 2 years of exp..

I have got admits from -
1-THUNDERBIRD- Scholarship 50% tution waiver
2-TEXAS A & M- $ 9 k and resident fees status + GA

THunder bird is costing me $32 k for tution fees and texas A & M $ 11 k + they are giving me an assures GA, which will give me $640/month and 9 credits fess as well..

Totally confused b/w these two-

THUNDERBIRD-
# 1 in INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
Good Brand name. Truely a unique program and will get to make lot of contacts which will really help me in starting my venture.

BUT-
A big batch size of 300, placement 40-50% acc to the placement office,and there placement office says that-
"Most students find their first employment after Thunderbird in a country where the student has work authorization. Having said that, roughly 10% of non US work authorized find their first job in the States."

So a risk involved in job seen.

On the other hand.

TEXAS A & M MAys Business school-

#2 in ROI terms, batch size 70, 97% placement cliamed by placement office.

decent enough avg salary ($70k +). no risk situation here..

BUT-

Not in the elite club of MBA schools..i mean it's MBA is not well recognized.Although TAMU itself is a well known univ. But it's MBA program is not that well recognized, if ROI terms ( Return of investment) are not concerned.

My Aim of doing an MBA is to agin some int exposure and experience and to look for business oppurtunities so taht i can start my own venture ( something in int market).
BUt before that i want to recover my tution fees by landing into a decent job, which gives me my invested money in 2 years. This is my short term goal.

pls give me ur valuable comments.

regards
samarth

he guys,

pls reply to my post

I WOULD LIKE SOME EXPERT OPINION AND SPECIALLY MODERATORS TO GUIDE ME AS I AM IN A FIX RIGHT NOW AND NEED TO DECIDE EARLY.

pls help me out,

thanks
samarth:( :wow: :

pls give me ur valuable comments.

regards
samarth

Sorry Samarth, I really dont know what to say!! As u have clearly marked the pros/cons for each one of the schools, how are we supposed to help you? I mean, look at ur career ambitions, see where you think u will grow as a person & challenge urself .. Just go ahead with it!

I am not a ROI/numbers person when choosing a school... I dont know if that matters to u a lot! I wonder why u want to see the placement stats when u want to start ur own venture.. Either u are not sure what u want or u are ready to settle for anything... If I were you, I would sit down & ask myself -

"What is it I really really want?" - & take it from there 😃
Sorry Samarth, I really dont know what to say!! As u have clearly marked the pros/cons for each one of the schools, how are we supposed to help you? I mean, look at ur career ambitions, see where you think u will grow as a person & challenge urself .. Just go ahead with it!

I am not a ROI/numbers person when choosing a school... I dont know if that matters to u a lot! I wonder why u want to see the placement stats when u want to start ur own venture.. Either u are not sure what u want or u are ready to settle for anything... If I were you, I would sit down & ask myself -

"What is it I really really want?" - & take it from there :)

Hi Simba,

thanks for ur comments.

i am looking at the placement stats because i want to recover my money, which i will invest in tution first by doing a job for couple of years and then i would like to start my own business, ...

"What is it I really really want?" - & take it from there :)

Simba has spoken and i echo her opinions... why do u wanna worry about placements if u want to start your own venture?? if u wanna go for placements then simply go for TAMU(assuming thats ur first criteria and also the stats that u've given are correct)...

hi,

thanks for your advice, i think i have o decide upon this on my own

thanks
samarth