(A shout box where you can actually shout) Skype group

Voice Chat room: We have a shoutbox where we can chat with the other online users but only via text. Wouldn’t that be cool if we had a voice chatroom?..interesting huh? read on This is actually an extension to nforninad’s *One GD a we…

Voice Chat room:
We have a shoutbox where we can chat with the other online users but only via text.
Wouldn't that be cool if we had a voice chatroom?.....interesting huh? read on
This is actually an extension to nforninad's One GD a week
And a solution for my Group Discussion

Members who are willing to Join this group
Please join this Social group:
PG Skype Group PG Voice Chatroom Thread PG Skype Group on facebook
Please vote in the poll above
Minimum requirements:
You need to have a good microphone(preferably head phones).
And a Skype ID and a messenger. Please post your ID here so that I can add you to the group.

The Process:
1. One of the online member creates a conference(A call)
2. Its basically a cal to another person and then add people to the same call
3. Drop a post in this thread notifying the others that a call has been initiated with the skype name of the initiators.
4. Interested users can ping the call initiators and request to join the conference.

P.S. If you feel that this might violate your Skype privacy, consider creating a new skype account for this alone. Its free and worth it.

For Security reasons before requesting a call a private message is to be sent to the the call initiator in case he/she wants to verify your PG identity

I need your support ppl. Please do comment.
All the suggestions are welcome.
If this is violating the PG Terms in anyway please inform me I love my PG account and I don't want to get suspended.

I'll be online for atleast for 10hrs a day so feel free to contact me on AIM or Skype

Please vote in the poll above
First GD : A brief discussion on MBA : 19-June-2011
Successfully completed with 5 participants

Second GD : Caste quotas in Educational institutions : Scheduled on 25-June-2011 1:00pm

I am in, sounds like a good idea.

You can count me in too .

great idea..
i m in too..

Thnks for your support guys...Please do vote

Our first conference shall start once we reach 10 members
Present count: 4

Get your Skype and mic soon...
And help me accumulate more ppl

count me in too...
but the problem is that i have limited internet usage
Voice chats will eat up all of my free internet usage of 1.5gb :banghead:
and the one having unlimited is of double cost here and with slow speed i.e. change from 2mbps to 256kbps
BTW my net is free from 2AM to 8 AM
what should i do?any suggestions

count me in too...
but the problem is that i have limited internet usage
Voice chats will eat up all of my free internet usage of 1.5gb :banghead:
and the one having unlimited is of double cost here and with slow speed i.e. change from 2mbps to 256kbps
BTW my net is free from 2AM to 8 AM
what should i do?any suggestions

BSNL huh?
I have been there....i use the same plan for over two years 500C isn't it?
but speed is fantastic.
I've recently shifted to Beam broadband 600 per month and 1Mbps...Cheap and best

Anyway if this idea spreads, we might have a 24hr live chatrooms
Thnks for the support but please vote...

Install a download-monitor like cfos it helps you manage your downloads and give you the current speed and the program which is downloading a lot. This way you can stop the unnecessary background dloads and use the bandwidth more efficiently.
I used this method after discovering that My Computer has been dloding updates and hence my bill was Rs.14,000 for a single month
BSNL huh?
I have been there....i use the same plan for over two years 500C isn't it?
but speed is fantastic.
I've recently shifted to Beam broadband 600 per month and 1Mbps...Cheap and best

Anyway if this idea spreads, we might have a 24hr live chatrooms
Thnks for the support but please vote...

Install a download-monitor like cfos it helps you manage your downloads and give you the current speed and the program which is downloading a lot. This way you can stop the unnecessary background dloads and use the bandwidth more efficiently.
I used this method after discovering that My Computer has been dloding updates and hence my bill was Rs.14,000 for a single month

hmm u got it right BSNL 500C plan
bro in my district we have only BSNL BB :banghead:
we dnt have any other options
and 14k for single month :shock: :shocked: bhai itna to 3 saal ka ho mera
hmm u got it right BSNL 500C plan
bro in my district we have only BSNL BB :banghead:
we dnt have any other options
and 14k for single month :shock: :shocked: bhai itna to 3 saal ka ho mera

I told them that I'll pay it in installments and finally after 6 month when the bill was around 16,000/- I switched to beam broadband abandoning the BSNL connection

I find it interesting! we can work it out for the GD preparation if each group is really serious about it! besides we can have it on the same lines as one GD a week or similar! we will have time to prepare for the topic! let it not be prolonged for an entire week (atleast till we have a huge no of ppl joining) each group can have a days time to prepare on the topic and have a useful "shout" !!

shillax Says
I find it interesting! we can work it out for the GD preparation if each group is really serious about it! besides we can have it on the same lines as one GD a week or similar! we will have time to prepare for the topic! let it not be prolonged for an entire week (atleast till we have a huge no of ppl joining) each group can have a days time to prepare on the topic and have a useful "shout" !!

Yeah that sounds like a plan..
But I guess we need to wait for atleast 8 members to start or schedule a GD or a Shout(really liked the name) as u said.

But we need more junta...Any ideas on how i can promote it?
Yeah that sounds like a plan..
But I guess we need to wait for atleast 8 members to start or schedule a GD or a Shout(really liked the name) as u said.

But we need more junta...Any ideas on how i can promote it?

We surely can try! But the problem here is, ppl are busy with admissions for this season! leave alone GD/PI, ppl would have not even started thinking about Prep for written test part, for the upcoming season! So, we can wait for a week or 2.. you can promote this by postin it on GD threads at said by one of the Puys in ur Group Discussion thread! apart from that as it's li'l too early for GD prep who ever is joining us at this point (after 2 weeks) lets start the shout box with the number of ppl in hand.. by the time we gear up people will join us in and it will work well eventually!

Besides, regarding the language what you had mentioned in your other thread.. i felt you already have a good english! I understand.. peers and friends circle is very important when it comes to language! its either a make or a break!! you know what? i was sailing in the same boat around 2 years back in college! I'm not versed well in Tamil and my classmates were majority tamil speaking! They used to make fun of me in the first year when ever i used to speak English.. second year it subsided and third year they found their english improved cuz of me.. Many of my classmates personally thanked me for their improved English! What i'm coming to tell you is.. let any one say anything.. give a damn! you keep speaking in English respond to them in english and this is the time when you have to practice speaking and get comfortable with the language cuz you have GDs, PI's, interviews,etc in not even an year away! come on its MBA.. you have no other choice but be well versed and very comfortable with the language..! start speaking to your self in English even while you are thinking! and ofcourse once we start the skype shout box it will hopefully be another useful venture for u!

Best Wishes.

I am in guys..Count me too....:D

We surely can try! But the problem here is, ppl are busy with admissions for this season! leave alone GD/PI, ppl would have not even started thinking about Prep for written test part, for the upcoming season! So, we can wait for a week or 2.. you can promote this by postin it on GD threads at said by one of the Puys in ur Group Discussion thread! apart from that as it's li'l too early for GD prep who ever is joining us at this point (after 2 weeks) lets start the shout box with the number of ppl in hand.. by the time we gear up people will join us in and it will work well eventually!

Besides, regarding the language what you had mentioned in your other thread.. i felt you already have a good english! I understand.. peers and friends circle is very important when it comes to language! its either a make or a break!! you know what? i was sailing in the same boat around 2 years back in college! I'm not versed well in Tamil and my classmates were majority tamil speaking! They used to make fun of me in the first year when ever i used to speak English.. second year it subsided and third year they found their english improved cuz of me.. Many of my classmates personally thanked me for their improved English! What i'm coming to tell you is.. let any one say anything.. give a damn! you keep speaking in English respond to them in english and this is the time when you have to practice speaking and get comfortable with the language cuz you have GDs, PI's, interviews,etc in not even an year away! come on its MBA.. you have no other choice but be well versed and very comfortable with the language..! start speaking to your self in English even while you are thinking! and ofcourse once we start the skype shout box it will hopefully be another useful venture for u!

Best Wishes.

Thanks for the elucidation. The problem with me despite of my good written english and grammar is I've never spoke to a person in English (Though I spoke to my self and THOUGHT in english even imitated roles in movies :D) So I donot know where I stand in the real world as I trained myself in a fictional world which contained only me. After all WRITTEN is WRITTEN and not SPOKEN. I'm not sure if the words flow as fluently from my mouth as they do from my fingers.

About the method which you followed I just wish I am not surrounded by ppl who speak my mother tongue alone. I've tried the brute-force method of stubbornly speaking in english no matter what. But then I discovered that its not the hatred for english its the insecurity which they are shirking from. U see, most of them are from rural background and they feel that speaking in English stops them from making crass comments(which they perceive a s COOL) and there's always a lot of time to learn to speak english. Each one of those jerks has to attend the interviews within 11mnths and they are super-confident tht they can cram over english in the last two months. When I started speaking to them in english they started a weird behavior aimed at discouraging me. I couldn't take it and switched back.

This is my story and hence, here i am trying to make an online circle as my actual circle is a waste.

Sorry for TMI.
To the matters that matter:
We presently have 6 members
facebook
sumanCAT
cat_virus
shillax
thilak35
and me(Vegeta555)

Shall we start it or should we wait for a few more to join.

Sorry for TMI.
To the matters that matter:
We presently have 6 members
facebook
sumanCAT
cat_virus
shillax
thilak35
and me(Vegeta555)

Shall we start it or should we wait for a few more to join.

I will like to join....
skype id is kunjandetroja
I will like to join....
skype id is kunjandetroja

Having a staff member in our group would be an honor.

Its 7 members now
facebook
sumanCAT
cat_virus
shillax
thilak35
drkunjan
me(Vegeta555)

Thanks for your support...and try increasing the number

Count me in..
Skype id is nikhilsaraf191

Welcome to the PG Skype Group everybody...
Please post your Skype IDs so that I can add U all to the group