A caution to Oxford applicants

The HSBC loan scheme is not available for 2006 applicants. So make sure that you have financial resources available before you apply. I am not sure if university have any other alternatives. Mail from HSBC representative is available in my b…

The HSBC loan scheme is not available for 2006 applicants. So make sure that you have financial resources available before you apply. I am not sure if university have any other alternatives.

Mail from HSBC representative is available in my blog @ http://nagsblog.blogspot.com/

Regards
Nagendra

This is indeed bad news :shock:

Jab Indra Gandhi ne "Garibo Hataao" ka naara lagaya tha tab toh bach gaya tha kyonki mein paidha nahi hua tab tak. But abhi kya hoga mujh jaison ka ?

Disheartened,
Arun

Hey Psycho:

I think u are still in the process of doing application...I have got an admit and now I need to admit that there is no loan :-(

Nagendra

Um.. there were talks of this loan vanishing last year itself. But Oxford was able to extend their relationship with HSBC and so the loan was continued. I guess that Oxford will now find another bank to ensure loads are given out to the admitted students. Has anyone emailed their admissions office to figure out what they are doing next ? 😃

i will contact them once i receive the hard copy of the pack they are gonna send me. I will keep you all updated

Appreciate your consideration Nag.....thnks for this info.....
i think i would also call the concerned authority of the college and discuss with them the possisble outcome.....

I can understand wht u must be feeling right now but moreso I am sure u wud find some or the other way to come out of this chakarvyu...

Do keep us updated....thanks again & all the best & remember "It ain't over till its over"

Pretty sad! I really understand the tormenting times you undergo in such cases. I guess this will surely make Oxford less attractive for prospectives. I guess that was one of the reasons I chose Fuqua. The TOP US Schools make it much much simpler!

Cheers!

hi nags

man this hurts...Oxford should be more responsive and take the responsibility to help out...first they advertise thier course saying all loans will be taken care of and then they dont even respond....i am applying in R2 have already asked my recoomender was writing essays ...and now all this....