8th July 2009: GMAT:710: Guys help

Hi Puys This is a story of how it all began. Lets turn the clocks to November 2008 and I was waiting with bated breaths for my performance appraisal sheet. I had put in a lot of hard work in my office and I was expecting something worth celeb…

Hi Puys

This is a story of how it all began. Lets turn the clocks to November 2008 and I was waiting with bated breaths for my performance appraisal sheet. I had put in a lot of hard work in my office and I was expecting something worth celebrating. But fate as you guys must have already assumed, had different pans for me. What I recieved was exactly Times Job once advertised PEANUTS

This attracted me to GMAT.
My first attempt was a failure and I managed a measely 690 and AWA 5.0

Today I gave it again 710 (not that great though) Quant 44 (could not finish the section and a 42 in verbal

Final Score
Quant 44 (70 % ile)
Verbal 42 (92 %ile)
Final 710 (92 % ile)

I am interested in NUS, Nanyang and ISB.

Please advise whether my scores fit the bill.

My profile
10th 89%
12th 84%
Engg 82%
Job 2.2 years exp as on date,
Company- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ)
Designation- Business Solution Consultant

I love the name of my designation!
Please help me guys. My rat race for the B school admissions have just begun.

Regards
Neel

Hey indraneel2mukh
Congrats on great score....you could have done better ( personal feeling :))....
well pl share your strategies with us...

thanks

I hope you are going to share your experience else this thread will get locked.

You are mostly fine for NUS and Nanyang though you might struggle with ISB.

Indraneel,

If you are applying to ISB, I hope you know that you fall under the IIM category. How do you distinguish yourself? DId you had come extracurriculars which are very important. Can you tell the story of your life which will dazzle them...
710 by no means is a low score, it is a little below the ISB mean and your work ex is also a little towards the lower side. So you have to come up trumps in your essays and application.

Indraneel 710 is a good score...as u mentioned you intend to apply to Nanyang- will work out good for your profile and score, NUS, ISB- your essays and reco must create the magic..you do have a good chance.
The acads are decently good considering you did well in engineering but again how are you different from the rest of the engineering applicants.
All these B-schools look at the entire profile and so far things are workin out for you.
I hope your essays are well written explaining your career graph and achievements. Highlight your skills and show them you are the best.

-Ankita

Hi Puys

This is a story of how it all began. Lets turn the clocks to November 2008 and I was waiting with bated breaths for my performance appraisal sheet. I had put in a lot of hard work in my office and I was expecting something worth celebrating. But fate as you guys must have already assumed, had different pans for me. What I recieved was exactly Times Job once advertised PEANUTS

This attracted me to GMAT.
My first attempt was a failure and I managed a measely 690 and AWA 5.0

Today I gave it again 710 (not that great though) Quant 44 (could not finish the section and a 42 in verbal

Final Score
Quant 44 (70 % ile)
Verbal 42 (92 %ile)
Final 710 (92 % ile)

I am interested in NUS, Nanyang and ISB.

Please advise whether my scores fit the bill.

My profile
10th 89%
12th 84%
Engg 82%
Job 2.2 years exp as on date,
Company- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ)
Designation- Business Solution Consultant

I love the name of my designation!
Please help me guys. My rat race for the B school admissions have just begun.

Regards
Neel

gr8 score Indraneel......all the best....and i guess u eill get ISB as welll, coz u have a good profile all 2gather