770(q50,v45)

Sincere thanks to everyone on this forum!!! I’ve browsed through this forum quite frequently, and got some really good ideas and techniques over the past few months. :slight_smile: Done with my GMAT yesterday… It has been a 3 month long journey… Below …

Sincere thanks to everyone on this forum!!! I've browsed through this forum quite frequently, and got some really good ideas and techniques over the past few months. :)

Done with my GMAT yesterday.. It has been a 3 month long journey.. Below are the scores.. Will update AWA scores once I receive them..
Score 770 (99%ile)
Quant 50 (93%ile)
Verbal 45 (98%ile)

I'll be more than happy to help in case anyone needs any help. Thanks.

-time4gmat

First of all congrats on getting a great score.

Can you give the links for source for LSAT free/paid tests.I had also heard that LSAT being a notch tougher than GMAT is good for practice.

Also although its out of context wanted to know which colleges you are aiming with this score.

Thanks

Hi Nayas,

Thanks!!! :)

Yes, LSAT papers are quite close to GMAT level, and also the topics in RC are quite similar. So they'll definitely be useful. I got the LSAT papers from torrents. Please search there. Let me know if you need help locating them.

As for the colleges to which I'd be applying, I've not yet decided. Need to look at it over the next couple of weeks.

Hope this helps.

-time4gmat

Congrats for such a superb performance.

Can you tell us abt ur profile? also, can you guide me with the plan of action for GMAT prep. I am planning to write GMAT in June.

Sincere thanks to everyone on this forum!!! I've browsed through this forum quite frequently, and got some really good ideas and techniques over the past few months. :)

Done with my GMAT yesterday.. It has been a 3 month long journey.. Below are the scores.. Will update AWA scores once I receive them..
Score 770 (99%ile)
Quant 50 (93%ile)
Verbal 45 (98%ile)

I'll be more than happy to help in case anyone needs any help. Thanks.

-time4gmat

Gr8 Score !!

I need your help, for GMAT prepration. Please share your daily schedule for these 3 months of prepration, the more detailed you can get , more helpful it will be for aspirants like me.
2) What all books and test material did you refer to ?

3) What is the breakup of your intensity during this 3 months?....Were you consistent throughout ? or was there a perticular Time period in which you worked really hard ?

Thanks
Anurag :-P

Congrats. Could you pls. share your study materials & GMAT preparation strategies in detail. Appreciate your help.

Congrats on your score.

How would you rate the difficulty level of CR questions on the actual GMAT vis-a-vis the last 20-30 questions in the OG? Also did you get any bolded statement questions?

Can you give the links for source for LSAT free/paid tests.I had also heard that LSAT being a notch tougher than GMAT is good for practice.
You can download LSAT practice questions for free from here.

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply. Been really tied up with heavy work. And still am, so will be brief and to the point.

Congrats for such a superb performance.

Can you tell us abt ur profile? also, can you guide me with the plan of action for GMAT prep. I am planning to write GMAT in June.

I've the most common profile on PG.. Indian/IT/Male :)
First thing I did was to take a sample test to know how it is, and also to know which areas I'll need improvement with.
Then, I narrowed down on the material reqd for practice. There's plentiful of it available, but not all can be covered in a limited time span.
Finally, I took some mock tests during last month to be comfortable with the format.

Gr8 Score !!

I need your help, for GMAT prepration. Please share your daily schedule for these 3 months of prepration, the more detailed you can get , more helpful it will be for aspirants like me.
2) What all books and test material did you refer to ?

3) What is the breakup of your intensity during this 3 months?....Were you consistent throughout ? or was there a perticular Time period in which you worked really hard ?

Thanks
Anurag :-P

Hi Anurag,
I can tell you my daily schedule, but best would be to make one for yourself :)
Important thing is to practice a lot, and practice wisely. No point in doing the same thing over and over again if you're already good at it. Practice those things where you are slower, or are making more mistakes. Tracking time and accuracy(how many correct per 40) throughout is very important. I'd say, daily 1 hr is sufficient on weekdays, with 3-4 hours on Sat/Sun.

Books for Verbal I used Manhattan SC, OG, Kaplan 800, OG10. For Quant, I used some old CAT material I had.

I tried to be as consistent as possible, but sometimes work didnt permit so. It's important to stay in touch with each section, but one shouldn't burn out too soon. If you feel you're burning out, take a nice 2-3 days break 😃 This is especially true in last couple of weeks.

anandthiru Says
Congrats. Could you pls. share your study materials & GMAT preparation strategies in detail. Appreciate your help.

Answered above 😃 Let me know if you're looking out for something specific.

Congrats on your score.

How would you rate the difficulty level of CR questions on the actual GMAT vis-a-vis the last 20-30 questions in the OG? Also did you get any bolded statement questions?

CR questions in OG are close to the ones on the actual GMAT, but only on the lower to medium range. The higher range questions on actual GMAT are quite tougher.

About bold stmt questions, don't remember the test now. Been almost 2 months :)

Thanks,
time4gmat