750(qa-50,va-40)

gave GMAT today…was totally ill prepared… Please don’t groan but for me CAT is the main priority and had filled GMAT just like that…had prepared hard for CAT last yr…this helped me… Okay this is what i had done- OG11- only SC’s …

gave GMAT today..was totally ill prepared..

Please don't groan but for me CAT is the main priority and had filled GMAT just like that..had prepared hard for CAT last yr..this helped me...

Okay this is what i had done-
OG11- only SC's
1000SC's - first 200 SC's

i was just concentrating on SC's as I am weak in SC's..found 1000SC extremely useful.though i did only 200 SC's..i did them properly...and read all comments...analysed...helped a lot to eliminate options in real time..

these were scores of 2 mocks i had given...

original GMAT prep s/w - given before starting prep- 690
kaplan free mock (on their website) - 660

never gave any other mock or read any other book...

on final day-

QA- I'm strong in QA but found myself to be little overconfident...the q's seemed to be easy but they were not so easy..practise of CAT was handy here....i would suggest everyone to solve till end the Data sufficiency q's...keep your eyes open..don't assume anything..go slow..and take a lot of values in algebra q's...few values and you might miss out a case!

VA- was lucky to get lots of CR's in begining...analysis and a little practise of SC's came handy...RC's were ok..not that tough...

don't know what else to write..was not well prepared...but i was totally cool minded as had no expectations..even at a point in time when i had 10 q's left in VA in last 10 minutes..i just stopped looking at time, increased my speed..made calculated guesses and got a score that I had not imagined even in my dreams...

well analyse the q's...that's more important then doing lot of q's..that's only thing I can infer from my short prep...and go with cool head..don't panic..keep mind open...take the break alloted between the sections..go out..have a little water...can suggest only these things..

don't know what to do with my score..will start some research now..

Best of luck to all! Don't know what else to write...have not gone through posts in GMAT forum..so don't know format of these posts...

Hi,
How was your AWA man?
Kudos to you, awesome buddy...
Whats your profile ?

Cheers !
:cheers:

gave GMAT today..was totally ill prepared..
Best of luck to all! Don't know what else to write...have not gone through posts in GMAT forum..so don't know format of these posts...

AWA was good...easy to medium I'll say....

there were loads of flaws in the argument given to me and hence my job was made real easy...tried to strucutre my thought process and response..let's see how things turn out....the essay thing was little tough(compared to argument thing)..but managable....gave a few examples..to relate with events in pasts...

My profile-
Xth - 82.0%
XII-80.6%
B.Tech in ICT from DA-IICT,Gandhinagar.(77.2 %)
Nov'07-Dec-'08 -1 year work ex in major s/w company.
Dec-08-Current - Center head of city branch of MBA coaching having presence all over India..responsibilities include marketing, management of resources and employees...

avg achievements/extra circ. nothing great...
not a great profile though..dunno how much this score can compensate..

Bhai........... Congratulations

750 is :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

U deserve every bit of it :D

All the Best,
-Anant

congrats bhai...
that's a really a nice score and i believe a sure ticket to any of the top 10 b schools in the world...:)
congrats again...

hate bhai...

Awesome score.. Congo and :cheers:

awesome mate..

more than the score I would appreciate the time you have taken the test.. with just one year exp in your hand you have aweful lot of time to direct your next year and half now and build your profile (essays applications etc..)..

all the very best.. make sure you make the best use of it..

in case if you are not planning to make use of it just pass it on to me ;o)

Congrats dude..:-)

This is awsome score..

I have heard that top 15 B schools of USA do not even look at the applications that have GMAt scores less than 650, no matter how strong your application might be. Is this true ?

awesome mate..

more than the score I would appreciate the time you have taken the test.. with just one year exp in your hand you have aweful lot of time to direct your next year and half now and build your profile (essays applications etc..)..

all the very best.. make sure you make the best use of it..

hmmm...will hv 2 years of work ex in this nov..so will apply this year only..thnx for the wishes..

sarah_n78 Says
I have heard that top 15 B schools of USA do not even look at the applications that have GMAt scores less than 650, no matter how strong your application might be. Is this true ?

as you would've seen I had not done proper research for GMAT..sorry but won't be able to give correct ans as even I don't know..thanks..

My AWA score- 5.0 (hmm..would have liked it to be a little higher..still am satisfied with it).. 😁
sarah_n78 Says

Thats absolutely untrue.

Harvard accepted someone in the class of 2011 with a GMAT score of 490 !

Class Profiles - MBA - Harvard Business School

Its another thing that the person must be a olympic athelete or the co-founder of Google:-P