750. Q50,v41

Took my GMAT today so just thought i’d share my experience. Express version - scored 750. Q 50, V 41 Tall, non-fat, decaf version. ---------------------------------------- Reached test center half an hour before the test. I thought …

Took my GMAT today so just thought i'd share my experience.

Express version - scored 750. Q 50, V 41

Tall, non-fat, decaf version.
----------------------------------------
Reached test center half an hour before the test. I thought i was pretty cool about the whole affair but i could feel my hands shaking. Anyway, went through the usual checkin process and started the test.

AWA went fine (don't have the scores yet), and i thought i was able to give reasonable arguments.

Started with Maths, the difficulty level was a bit less than GMAT prep so i thought i messed up a bit for not getting a 51. Time wasn't a problem though i spent ~10 mins on one of the DS questions (stupidity i know!). But i thought the PS was pretty easy to just rush through.

Verbal was a bit bad, i wasn't too sure while answering and thought i was doing pretty bad. RC was pretty easy in language but then either the questions were tough or my brain wasn't working. Ran short of time and had to blank guess last question.

All in all am not too elated but am not sulking either.

Since online communities provided a great help to me, I'd love to help anyone out on any questions. Feel free to shoot.

Peace.

Took my GMAT today so just thought i'd share my experience.

Express version - scored 750. Q 50, V 41

Tall, non-fat, decaf version.
----------------------------------------
Reached test center half an hour before the test. I thought i was pretty cool about the whole affair but i could feel my hands shaking. Anyway, went through the usual checkin process and started the test.

AWA went fine (don't have the scores yet), and i thought i was able to give reasonable arguments.

Started with Maths, the difficulty level was a bit less than GMAT prep so i thought i messed up a bit for not getting a 51. Time wasn't a problem though i spent ~10 mins on one of the DS questions (stupidity i know!). But i thought the PS was pretty easy to just rush through.

Verbal was a bit bad, i wasn't too sure while answering and thought i was doing pretty bad. RC was pretty easy in language but then either the questions were tough or my brain wasn't working. Ran short of time and had to blank guess last question.

All in all am not too elated but am not sulking either.

Since online communities provided a great help to me, I'd love to help anyone out on any questions. Feel free to shoot.

Peace.

congrats dude ! indeed a balanced score!
pls share ur profile...and ur plans now!
see my signature for my details.

Thanks Sjed.

Am an Computer Engineer with ~4 yrs workex. Gmat was pretty much a spurr of the moment thing with a month prep so haven't really researched any schools. Would be great if you can share details of where all u are apping and reasons for shortlisting those schools. Also since most univs are in their 4th round now, does it make sense to apply?

thanks!

PS: couldn't find your profile on ur signature. Could only figure out that we have the same score. 😃

Thanks Sjed.

Am an Computer Engineer with ~4 yrs workex. Gmat was pretty much a spurr of the moment thing with a month prep so haven't really researched any schools. Would be great if you can share details of where all u are apping and reasons for shortlisting those schools. Also since most univs are in their 4th round now, does it make sense to apply?

thanks!

PS: couldn't find your profile on ur signature. Could only figure out that we have the same score. :)

dude, me too ~4 yrs exp, but in semiconductor industry...which industry ur working in?
i am actually looking fwd to apps next yr...personally i dont wanna apply in 4th round as i dont mind deferring my studies 1 more year, but if u think it may be good for u to do it this time go for it.
It does make sense to apply i 4th round when u want to go this fall or u think ur profile is competent enough for this round..its a personalised decision man!

best of luck!

hey congrates,
i appeared first time in last aug and got only 580, but now i am in good comand of all nitty gitty of gamt and planning to take it in march. is any thing special to care about verbal. it will be some what helpfull me

hey congrates,
i appeared first time in last aug and got only 580, but now i am in good comand of all nitty gitty of gamt and planning to take it in march. is any thing special to care about verbal. it will be some what helpfull me

Hey dgpatel,

I used Manhattan notes and Sumit thakur notes for verbal. Revised OG 10 and 11 like 3 times and took the practice tests from kaplan, princeton and GMAT Prep.

Although i didn't join the community, i used to read manhattangmat verbal forums. My opinion would be that manhattan has one of the best teachers for verbal (this is what i gathered from their forums after reading their explanations).
Hey dgpatel,

I used Manhattan notes and Sumit thakur notes for verbal. Revised OG 10 and 11 like 3 times and took the practice tests from kaplan, princeton and GMAT Prep.

Although i didn't join the community, i used to read manhattangmat verbal forums. My opinion would be that manhattan has one of the best teachers for verbal (this is what i gathered from their forums after reading their explanations).

Hey Sarab,

My GMAT is on March 18th..and my prep involves pretty much what you have covered apart from Manhattan..

How many days wud I need to cover Manhattan (verbal) only?

Thanks
gp

First, congratulations on your excellent score for 1 month of studying!
Thank you so much for sharing a little bit about your prep. In working on the verbal, what did you find about manhattan's verbal explanations that was so helpful? I am really truing to break down the verbal since it seems to subjective, but I know that is just b/c I am not there all the way (the sentence correction less so, but the CR seems so fickle)

Congrats buddy !

Congrats bud.
Could you talk about the test in a little more detail?
When you say verbal was bad, are you talking about the SC and CR difficulty levels being higher than what you had practiced for? Were they much tougher than the OG and GMATprep levels?