740 (Q49, V41) Nailed GMAT

I gave GMAT today, and was astonished to see my score 740(Q49, V41) [image] :: :: It was totally unexpected; my maximum score in verbal was 38 and that too in a very simple test. Usually I scored 31-33 in verbal. I think I saved the b…

I gave GMAT today, and was astonished to see my score
740(Q49, V41)

It was totally unexpected; my maximum score in verbal was 38 and that too in a very simple test. Usually I scored 31-33 in verbal. I think I saved the best for my G-day

My score in quant was never below 50 but on G-day it came down to 49But I will never mind this ....

Below are my scores in practice tests
Kaplan I -580
Kaplan II 630
Kaplan III 570
Manhattan 690 (free test)
Gprep I 700 ( 4 days before exam)
Gprep II 710 ( 2 days before exam)

So I have prepared myself, that my final score will be around 700.

Here goes a small description of my prep

I am an Indian Engineer so I am good at quant and never spent a single minute on quant for my whole prep, not even analyzed the mistakes in made in quant. I only prepared for verbal.

I never studied OG. I prepared RC from LSAT passages, because they are tough and damn boring

For CR I prepared from Kaplan 800.

For sentence correction I followed 1000SC, Kaplan 800 and followed beatthegmat and testmagic blogs rigorously.

AWA- I studied 3 essays arguments and 3 issues just few hrs before the exam and to my surprise I got the first argument from the 3 I studied.

Hey,

Congrats !!

But tough luck for me .:oops:

I took my test last week , v 40 and q 48 ...overall 710... I am pretty disappointed with my quant score because I never got less than 49 in my whole prep. I found the quant pretty much tougher than I expected it to ..What are your views ?? Should I write the test once more ?

P.S : A strange thing is that my verbal prep sources and books were almost the same as you mentioned. GMAT 800 rocks , so does the LSAT RCs

Hi Priyank12,

Awesome buddy !
Congrats for nailing it.

My G-Day is approaching near, struggling in SC badly, and any tips for last minute preparation. Is one Manhattan Test is good enough. What material you referred for AWA.

Need your help !

Congratulation once again !

:cheerio:

740(Q49, V41)

It was totally unexpected; my maximum score in verbal was 38 and that too in a very simple test. Usually I scored 31-33 in verbal. I think I saved the best for my G-day

My score in quant was never below 50 but on G-day it came down to 49But I will never mind this ....

Kaplan I -580
Kaplan II 630
Kaplan III 570

I am an Indian Engineer so I am good at quant and never spent a single minute on quant for my whole prep, not even analyzed the mistakes in made in quant. I only prepared for verbal.

I never studied OG. I prepared RC from LSAT passages, because they are tough and damn boring

For sentence correction I followed 1000SC, Kaplan 800 and followed beatthegmat and testmagic blogs rigorously.

AWA- I studied 3 essays arguments and 3 issues just few hrs before the exam and to my surprise I got the first argument from the 3 I studied.
740(Q49, V41)

Kaplan I -580
Kaplan II 630
Kaplan III 570

Hi buddy,

Congrats..

where can i get these kaplan tests and gmat prep tests?

Thanks in Advance

Kudos to u Priyanka.....all the best for application process....i hope u will get wat u desire and deserve.
My G-day is approaching with in a month....jst keeping my fingers crossed
rgds
Vibhor

Bravo dude!

Luck for the apping process..

740(Q49, V41)

---------------
-----------
----
--

Congrats @priyank12.
Can you please share your profile too?
Hey,

Congrats !!

But tough luck for me .:oops:

I took my test last week , v 40 and q 48 ...overall 710... I am pretty disappointed with my quant score because I never got less than 49 in my whole prep. I found the quant pretty much tougher than I expected it to ..What are your views ?? Should I write the test once more ?

P.S : A strange thing is that my verbal prep sources and books were almost the same as you mentioned. GMAT 800 rocks , so does the LSAT RCs

Well 710 is a good score....I am sure almost every university will consider yourr profile at this score...now just that hw well u write ur essays...

well yes...gmat 800 and lsat rc rocks
Hi Priyank12,

Awesome buddy !
Congrats for nailing it.

My G-Day is approaching near, struggling in SC badly, and any tips for last minute preparation. Is one Manhattan Test is good enough. What material you referred for AWA.

Need your help !

Congratulation once again !

:cheerio:

well that was a pdf...i cannot upload it because of copyright issue....u can PM me ur mail id..i will drop u that pdf
Hi buddy,

Congrats..

where can i get these kaplan tests and gmat prep tests?

Thanks in Advance

esnips.com
Kudos to u Priyanka.....all the best for application process....i hope u will get wat u desire and deserve.
My G-day is approaching with in a month....jst keeping my fingers crossed
rgds
Vibhor

best of luck !!
Congrats @priyank12.
Can you please share your profile too?

I am a software engineer
Exp 4 yrs by the time i take admission
Acads : excellent
extra curicular : below average..

i am looking for colleges where i can get descent amount of scholarship..

If you are through with ur GMAT may be you can get in touch with me regarding shortlisting b-schools....i m doing hell of research for that
priyank12 Says
well that was a pdf...i cannot upload it because of copyright issue....u can PM me ur mail id..i will drop u that pdf

hey!

can you please PM me the AWA pdf you are talking about?

let me know in case of any concern.

best!

hey

Congos bro ...!!

I would love to see a post from you on how to prepare and on your G-Day experience, time management et al, coz that would help people more than anything :biggrin:. Looking forward to see such post !!

p.s can you please PM me the AWA pdf you are talking about?