730 - (QA:51, VA:36) - Do's and Don'ts

Hi All, After my debacle in CAT 2007, I almost stayed away from PG. In 2008, I was back in PG in many GMAT threads and in GMAT Hyderabad study group. I made very good friends from PG for my GMAT study in 2008. They moved to B schools such as …

Hi All,

After my debacle in CAT 2007, I almost stayed away from PG. In 2008, I was back in PG in many GMAT threads and in GMAT Hyderabad study group. I made very good friends from PG for my GMAT study in 2008. They moved to B schools such as Olin, Rotman and ISB. But here I am, awaiting to realize my purpose of MBA and when I did, I was quick enough to seriously take GMAT.
I took my GMAT yesterday on 27th July 2010 and scored
QA - 51 (98%ile), VA - 36 (78%ile) and OA - 730 (96 %ile)

I'm afraid this is going to be a detailed debrief and hopefully, my varied GMAT experience would help other test takers.
I come from a engineering background and I am a non native speaker of English.

My prep
Quant - None - practiced problems only in few mocks
Verbal - Manhattan SC, Powerscore CR bible and all official GMAT material - OG 11, qns from 1000 SC, RC, CR

Exams
Mostly free exams - Knewton,Princeton and MGMAT free test .
GPrep1 - 760
GPrep2 - 720

I cannot give much advice on Quant as I take it for granted. May be I can help with any specific queries about it. I consumed more time in my first break after AWA and lost 1.5 min when I started with Quant. I was breezing with all questions today and never rechecked twice on my solutions. It was only in some qn in 20's, I got stuck for some 8 mins or so !! I was adamant to give up and found no correct answer. Finally relied on my common sense, eliminated few options and choose one of two shortlisted options. In the end, I was afraid I will run short of time but i calculated few questions without even using my notepad and could barely scape through last question with 1 min remaining .

Lessons:
1) The breaks are only for 8 mins. NOT much significant time you think it is. So be careful about it.
2) Don't let your ego overwhelm you. Just move on taking a reasonable guess, if you are stuck somewhere.
3) If you think you are good at Quant, you should really aim for 51 and not 50. All it takes to reach 51 is to be cautious and avoid silly mistakes. Don't fall in traps set by GMAC in DS questions. That margin of 1 point may increase your overall score by 10 points. So why lose a chance ?

For Verbal, I would recommend only official materials. Somehow, I felt few of the questions in verbal were a bit familiar and similar to few questions I practiced from those official materials. I have a poor memory on such things. So they were no different than new questions to me. But stick to basics in SC, put your reasoning in CR, read carefully the entire passage in RCs. Race through the time. You can consider the whole verbal as 4 sets of 10 qns each and each set requiring around 19 mins.

Now here's my personal story I wanted to share with you guys and take some suggestions. I have taken few attempts in GMAT and today was my third attempt. But don't read much in these lines as my prep was not significant in 2nd and 3rd attempts. Matter of fact, even before my last attempt, I was working till 10 pm in office on Monday , even when I had a exam on Tuesday at 9am !! Such were my professional and few personal circumstances. One quality for working professionals who want to take GMAT is endurance. No matter how much pressure you face in your office, in the end you have to get ready for the exam and fight the battle alone.

GMAT 1st Attempt - Aug 5, 2008
Score - 690 - Q:50, V:33
Really disappointed for not reaching atleast 700. Verbal did it for me. I did all 1000 SCs but it was of no use because I repeated my mistakes. Never tried to learn from my mistakes during my prep. I gave up on whole idea of MBA after getting this score. Infact I had a vague idea of why I really wanted to do an MBA and so continued with my life.

GMAT 2nd Attempt - Nov 7 , 2008 - A disaster and biggest mistake in my life!!
Score - 580 - Q:51, V:18
Can you really believe this? A 110 point decrease in OA when compared to my previous score. The mistakes I have done:
1) Gave up on my prep for 3 months after my 1st attempt and booked a slot for my 2nd attempt desperately looking for the nearest available date. After lazying around for 3 months, I realized in November that I need to get on with my apps but didn't wanted to do so with 690. So booked a slot within 1 week, took few mocks, underestimated GMAT and rushed to exam center. So how did i go wrong ?
2) GMAT is like a F1 race with 3 laps - AWA, Quant and Verbal. I was racing ferociously in my first two laps and in third lap, I was stumped at a RC at around qn 14 and was frozen in infinity. Time kept ticking and I lost more and more in the race. I concluded that I will not be able to finish the exam within stipulated time and counted on my luck. Made several guesses from 14 to 41 , even to that extent of guessing an entire RC, convincing myself it to be a uncounted question. Hmm, dumb enough. I was more foolish enough to expect a better score after such dismal performance where I counted on my luck. Needless to say, I was dumbstruck at my score. It took me 1.5 yrs to gain confidence and attempt GMAT again.

Lessons:
a) Keep a check on time. Do not be deterred by a question you cannot understand. Breathe and relax. Stretch yourself a bit and attack the question. This is what has worked for me today.
b) Forget about the stupid uncounted questions. You may want to think of it as merely a myth. Knowing such fact will not help you in anyway. So you have 41 questions to solve, equally important enough.
c) Don't be desperate enough to improve your scores. I advised the same to one of my friend who scored 650 and without much proper prep, gave his 2nd attempt in a month only to end up at 680 !! Assess yourself, take your time and realize your mistakes. Desperation usually backfires.

It was very difficult for me to gather confidence to go for another attempt after a dismal performance in 2nd. I still remember, I visited a admission consultant after 2nd test and that guy ridiculed me saying that my level is at 580 and it will be foolish if i try another attempt to reach 700. Those words struck me hard but there was nothing I could do then. I just had to wait until yesterday. I have an answer now. :-)

GMAT 3rd Attempt - July 27 , 2010
I was professionally serious and never could really take a break from my work to prep for GMAT. This time, starting from June, I worked only on verbal, especially on SC. Resolved the incorrect ones during my practice from the first 400 SCs in 1000 SC doc. I was doing SC's for more than a month In July, I started with Powerscore CR bible and it gave me the basics of CR. Know how to deduce conclusions, premises etc and the rest depends on your reasoning in CR. For RC, I would suggest doing passages from 1000 RC. There are around 100 passages, if i am not wrong. I solved only first 25. The advantage in these RCs is you will be asked more number of questions (7 to 9) for one RC . Thus, you will be exposed to more variety of questions in RCs. This is not the case in OG. Interestingly, you will find similar RCs in both 1000RC and OG.

I was working on an onsite project and was busy with my team. I booked my date for Aug 5th but had to prepone it to July 27th because I couldn't stay longer in onsite and had to return my head office. I was busy working at office even at 10 pm on the day before the exam. I simply couldn't help it. I was cursing myself for not fully completing OGs and many other material I wanted to. But I told myself that everything is gonna be OKAY and take the exam with a cool frame of mind.

Finally I ended up at this.
This is not a elite score, I know, but this was the least score that could satisfy me.

Deprived of sleep in past one week. Guess, I should sign off now.

Just don't give up guys. Believe in yourself.

PS : I want to ask, how this abnormal fluctuation in my scores 690->580->730 would be treated by B schools? Would they simply take my highest score or read much into the pattern of scores ?

Kudos getneonow!! it does take a lot of mental effort to come back from a defeat. All the very best for apps

Regards

Congrats for a gr8 score and a motivating debrief.
I took my first attempt of GMAT in july10 and scored 650 (Q50, V28 ). I did exactly same mistake u did in ur second attempt-the guessing thing.:banghead: i am planning to take GMAT again in september. please elaborate what material did u followed after ur first attempt. I have done 4 Gmatprep's, 6 MGMAT's, 1knewton, 1 kaplan and i am now short of tests. can u suggest some authentic test's.

Regards
Rohit

Hi All,

Hi. First of all congratulations on a superb score..The transition that you have portrayed from a 580 to a 730 is superb and very inspiring..:)..I liked your experiences and the way you have put it across is also very nice..Worth jotting down lots of points from your story..

Answering your question first, I dont think you have to worry about the 580 and 650 now. Your best score will be considered and even if they other 2 are used as a reference, you will surely score an additional brownie point for your "never give up" attitude..:)..So, it may work out in the positive sense for you..And again, the score is just the first of ONE of the many steps...

I am also giving my GMAT for the 2nd time on August 23rd. I scored a 630 in my first attempt. Completely messed up verbal and I think the tiredness factor crept in by the time I started my verbal section. I think it was similar to the F1 race 4 lap comparison you made..:)..I need a few tips for CR..And Im looking for the Powerscore CR Bible but not able to find it anywhere. Can you help me there too?

Thanks a lot and wish you ALL THE BEST for your apps..

Abhishek

Congrats on the score getitnow!

Like the attitude ... You've surely bounced back

I need a few tips for CR..And Im looking for the Powerscore CR Bible but not able to find it anywhere. Can you help me there too?

Abhishek

Google .. you'll find it! I did too 😃

Dude u r really an inspiration!!!!!!Congrats

I took my first attempt of GMAT in july10 and scored 650 (Q50, V28 ). I did exactly same mistake u did in ur second attempt-the guessing thing.:banghead: i am planning to take GMAT again in september. please elaborate what material did u followed after ur first attempt. I have done 4 Gmatprep's, 6 MGMAT's, 1knewton, 1 kaplan and i am now short of tests. can u suggest some authentic test's.

Regards
Rohit

Rohit,

Your score split tells that you have to work on verbal and keep the same tempo in quant. Ask yourself why you have to resort to guess in the first place? lack of time or difficulty in question. Good news is, you can work and win on both aspects.

Dude, y did u exhaust all your exams when you have 1 month more to go? Atleast, you should have saved ur GPreps. Since you are already done with most of mocks available, its time to analyze those mocks. How did you fare in those mocks btw?

Dont get me wrong but if you are already familiar with most of the qns in ur mocks, your mock scores can be skewed. So don't count on mock scores even if you do well. I never scored below 700 in Gpreps, right from start but was beaten at 690.

Gpreps are the best simulations for GMAT. MGMATs prepare you for toughest quant and are good at verbal. Everything else are like far stretched. But if you are seriously aiming for 700+, analyze !! Check how many mistakes you got wrong in verbal.

In Gpreps, when i did 7 mistakes in verbal, I got 760 and when i did 11 mistakes in verbal, i got 720. Then I realized this -

Your OA score = f(# of mistakes, # question number where you got mistake, # difficulty of question, #how did you get ur mistakes, others)

In above function parameter P1 is obvious.

P2 : The first 20 qns are indeed important. Don't get too many wrongs. The same number of mistakes in 1st 20 will give you a less score than in later 20. holds true for both sections.

P3: You cannot do much abt this. Any question is same for you and try to get it right.

P4 : If you do mistakes continuously, you will be penalized more 'coz GMAT is an adaptive exam and when you make , say 3 mistakes in a row, the exam has already taken you to a low range. Much efforts then from your side will take you up in 700s. So be careful in first 20.

P5 : other factors such as experimental stuff should not be counted at all.

Every qn is important and battle is not over until you are done with 41. I ran short of time and had to guess the last 2 qns in verbal. May be, i could have scored 10 points more, if i got them right.

Seriously, work on your verbal accuracy. Identify where you are doing wrong . SC, CR or RC.

Above all, enjoy your prep and the final exam too.

PS: I can write more but I guess, I should stop. Will be happy to help any fellow PGite

-Neo

I am also giving my GMAT for the 2nd time on August 23rd. I scored a 630 in my first attempt. Completely messed up verbal and I think the tiredness factor crept in by the time I started my verbal section. I think it was similar to the F1 race 4 lap comparison you made..:)..I need a few tips for CR..And Im looking for the Powerscore CR Bible but not able to find it anywhere. Can you help me there too?

Abhishek

Abhishek,

Will PM you the link. Have to google it again.

Running short of time now. Will get back to you soon ..

Neo

hi every one...
i have a doubt regarding GMAT Exam strategy....
should every question be attempted to maximize the score ... because time is the limiting factor, i couldnt attempt more than 20-25 qsns in verbal....
1.can you say leaving questions unattempted lower the score drastically???
2.Attempting every qsn is better than leaving questions though u dont maintain decent accuracy ???
3.finally suggest me ways to speed up in verbal.....

please any one help me as soon as possible...

hi every one...
i have a doubt regarding GMAT Exam strategy....
should every question be attempted to maximize the score ... because time is the limiting factor, i couldnt attempt more than 20-25 qsns in verbal....
1.can you say leaving questions unattempted lower the score drastically???
Leaving qns is a big mistake, a even big disaster in GMAT. You can get a qn wrong but if you leave it unanswered, you will be penalized more.

2.Attempting every qsn is better than leaving questions though u dont maintain decent accuracy ???
Yes. But that means you will end up at a low score since you got many questions wrong. isn't it? thats what happened in my 2nd attempt..

3.finally suggest me ways to speed up in verbal.....

please any one help me as soon as possible...

Santu,

Answered above to your first two questions.

Few suggestions :

Frankly, to be able reach only 20-25 qns in verbal in 75 mins means u r too slow and god forbid, may end up at low score with this current rate.

Lets dissect it this way. Practice in sections and in sessions using a timer ..

I used a digital timer application and used to practice. 25 mins for 30 SCs.

9 qn RC's in 10 mins. 20 CR's in 30 mins .

Since SC comprises arnd 14-16 qns in GMAT, you should really improve your speed in SC. You can really speed up, if you are comfortable with all rules and can see the 2/3 split in most of the SCs. That way, you will learn to crack a SC within 1 min, preferably 45 secs. You can use this saved time in ur CRs and RC's. Learn the rules from MGMAT SC book.

CR and RC is where you have to read very cautiously but don't read the passages too many times. You can read any RC within 3 mins and start answering the qns. But on the other hand, you should also comprehend the RC. This comes with practice. Start with RCs in 1000 RC doc.

You have surplus of material available everywhere. So obly, all you need to do is practice.

Good Luck

Neo

Regards
Rohit

Hi frnd..

just to bring to your notice... there are two versions of GMAT prep software...each having 2 test...

Each setup file can be installed atleast 2 times and the test can be retaken...and be assured that the repitition of Qs will be almost nil.
so u can basically have 2 x 4 = 8 GMAT prep tests, atleast...

@neo..thanks for ur advise man gr8..... i ll try 2 speed up:)

hey all..I am in a state of utter shock as well after giving my GMAT for the 2nd time. I had scored 670(48Q,34V,5.5) the first time. Believing that I could have scored more easily I booked for a 2nd attempt after month on 1st aug. To my horror I scored 590(47Q, 27V). I simply dont have a clue where it all went wrong except that I had an argument with my mom on the morning of GMAT.
I applied to 10 different schools each of the two times.
Would the schools which I have applied the second time will automaticall receive my higher score as well or Do I have to send my higher score separately again?
I am more interested in applying to the latter 5 schools.
Also I want to know how favourabvly or negatively the schools view the fluctuation in GMAT scores?
My family members are advising against attempting for a 3rd time.
Please resolve me of this silly tension.

Hi All,

After my debacle in CAT 2007, I almost stayed away from PG. In 2008, I was back in PG in many GMAT threads and in GMAT Hyderabad study group. I made very good friends from PG for my GMAT study in 2008. They moved to B schools such as Olin, Rotman and ISB. But here I am, awaiting to realize my purpose of MBA and when I did, I was quick enough to seriously take GMAT.
I took my GMAT yesterday on 27th July 2010 and scored

I'm afraid this is going to be a detailed debrief and hopefully, my varied GMAT experience would help other test takers.
I come from a engineering background and I am a non native speaker of English.

My prep
Quant - None - practiced problems only in few mocks
Verbal - Manhattan SC, Powerscore CR bible and all official GMAT material - OG 11, qns from 1000 SC, RC, CR

Exams
Mostly free exams - Knewton,Princeton and MGMAT free test .
GPrep1 - 760
GPrep2 - 720

I cannot give much advice on Quant as I take it for granted. May be I can help with any specific queries about it. I consumed more time in my first break after AWA and lost 1.5 min when I started with Quant. I was breezing with all questions today and never rechecked twice on my solutions. It was only in some qn in 20's, I got stuck for some 8 mins or so !! I was adamant to give up and found no correct answer. Finally relied on my common sense, eliminated few options and choose one of two shortlisted options. In the end, I was afraid I will run short of time but i calculated few questions without even using my notepad and could barely scape through last question with 1 min remaining .

Lessons:
1) The breaks are only for 8 mins. NOT much significant time you think it is. So be careful about it.
2) Don't let your ego overwhelm you. Just move on taking a reasonable guess, if you are stuck somewhere.
3) If you think you are good at Quant, you should really aim for 51 and not 50. All it takes to reach 51 is to be cautious and avoid silly mistakes. Don't fall in traps set by GMAC in DS questions. That margin of 1 point may increase your overall score by 10 points. So why lose a chance ?

For Verbal, I would recommend only official materials. Somehow, I felt few of the questions in verbal were a bit familiar and similar to few questions I practiced from those official materials. I have a poor memory on such things. So they were no different than new questions to me. But stick to basics in SC, put your reasoning in CR, read carefully the entire passage in RCs. Race through the time. You can consider the whole verbal as 4 sets of 10 qns each and each set requiring around 19 mins.

Now here's my personal story I wanted to share with you guys and take some suggestions. I have taken few attempts in GMAT and today was my third attempt. But don't read much in these lines as my prep was not significant in 2nd and 3rd attempts. Matter of fact, even before my last attempt, I was working till 10 pm in office on Monday , even when I had a exam on Tuesday at 9am !! Such were my professional and few personal circumstances. One quality for working professionals who want to take GMAT is endurance. No matter how much pressure you face in your office, in the end you have to get ready for the exam and fight the battle alone.

GMAT 1st Attempt - Aug 5, 2008
Score - 690 - Q:50, V:33
Really disappointed for not reaching atleast 700. Verbal did it for me. I did all 1000 SCs but it was of no use because I repeated my mistakes. Never tried to learn from my mistakes during my prep. I gave up on whole idea of MBA after getting this score. Infact I had a vague idea of why I really wanted to do an MBA and so continued with my life.

GMAT 2nd Attempt - Nov 7 , 2008 - A disaster and biggest mistake in my life!!
Score - 580 - Q:51, V:18
Can you really believe this? A 110 point decrease in OA when compared to my previous score. The mistakes I have done:
1) Gave up on my prep for 3 months after my 1st attempt and booked a slot for my 2nd attempt desperately looking for the nearest available date. After lazying around for 3 months, I realized in November that I need to get on with my apps but didn't wanted to do so with 690. So booked a slot within 1 week, took few mocks, underestimated GMAT and rushed to exam center. So how did i go wrong ?
2) GMAT is like a F1 race with 3 laps - AWA, Quant and Verbal. I was racing ferociously in my first two laps and in third lap, I was stumped at a RC at around qn 14 and was frozen in infinity. Time kept ticking and I lost more and more in the race. I concluded that I will not be able to finish the exam within stipulated time and counted on my luck. Made several guesses from 14 to 41 , even to that extent of guessing an entire RC, convincing myself it to be a uncounted question. Hmm, dumb enough. I was more foolish enough to expect a better score after such dismal performance where I counted on my luck. Needless to say, I was dumbstruck at my score. It took me 1.5 yrs to gain confidence and attempt GMAT again.

Lessons:
a) Keep a check on time. Do not be deterred by a question you cannot understand. Breathe and relax. Stretch yourself a bit and attack the question. This is what has worked for me today.
b) Forget about the stupid uncounted questions. You may want to think of it as merely a myth. Knowing such fact will not help you in anyway. So you have 41 questions to solve, equally important enough.
c) Don't be desperate enough to improve your scores. I advised the same to one of my friend who scored 650 and without much proper prep, gave his 2nd attempt in a month only to end up at 680 !! Assess yourself, take your time and realize your mistakes. Desperation usually backfires.

It was very difficult for me to gather confidence to go for another attempt after a dismal performance in 2nd. I still remember, I visited a admission consultant after 2nd test and that guy ridiculed me saying that my level is at 580 and it will be foolish if i try another attempt to reach 700. Those words struck me hard but there was nothing I could do then. I just had to wait until yesterday. I have an answer now. :-)

GMAT 3rd Attempt - July 27 , 2010
I was professionally serious and never could really take a break from my work to prep for GMAT. This time, starting from June, I worked only on verbal, especially on SC. Resolved the incorrect ones during my practice from the first 400 SCs in 1000 SC doc. I was doing SC's for more than a month In July, I started with Powerscore CR bible and it gave me the basics of CR. Know how to deduce conclusions, premises etc and the rest depends on your reasoning in CR. For RC, I would suggest doing passages from 1000 RC. There are around 100 passages, if i am not wrong. I solved only first 25. The advantage in these RCs is you will be asked more number of questions (7 to 9) for one RC . Thus, you will be exposed to more variety of questions in RCs. This is not the case in OG. Interestingly, you will find similar RCs in both 1000RC and OG.

I was working on an onsite project and was busy with my team. I booked my date for Aug 5th but had to prepone it to July 27th because I couldn't stay longer in onsite and had to return my head office. I was busy working at office even at 10 pm on the day before the exam. I simply couldn't help it. I was cursing myself for not fully completing OGs and many other material I wanted to. But I told myself that everything is gonna be OKAY and take the exam with a cool frame of mind.

Finally I ended up at this.
This is not a elite score, I know, but this was the least score that could satisfy me.

Deprived of sleep in past one week. Guess, I should sign off now.

Just don't give up guys. Believe in yourself.

PS : I want to ask, how this abnormal fluctuation in my scores 690->580->730 would be treated by B schools? Would they simply take my highest score or read much into the pattern of scores ?

hey buddy... ur d real winner 4 sure... just rock solid and hard enuf to bounce bak 4m any kind of situation.. i believe the assessors will look more into u rather than ur 1st or 2nd score.... finally it will be abt u, ur 730 nad ur resume that will matter the most at the end of the day... A whole world of best luck to you fro ur future ...!!!!
hey all..I am in a state of utter shock as well after giving my GMAT for the 2nd time. I had scored 670(48Q,34V,5.5) the first time. Believing that I could have scored more easily I booked for a 2nd attempt after month on 1st aug. To my horror I scored 590(47Q, 27V). I simply dont have a clue where it all went wrong except that I had an argument with my mom on the morning of GMAT.
I applied to 10 different schools each of the two times.
Would the schools which I have applied the second time will automaticall receive my higher score as well or Do I have to send my higher score separately again?
I am more interested in applying to the latter 5 schools.
Also I want to know how favourabvly or negatively the schools view the fluctuation in GMAT scores?
My family members are advising against attempting for a 3rd time.
Please resolve me of this silly tension.

Vik,
I totally understand that now you are in a tricky and puzzling situation. You may wanna know some facts/arguments, no matter how unpleasant they are..

Would the schools which I have applied the second time will automatically receive my higher score as well or Do I have to send my higher score separately again?
Good News : You need not send your score separately again.
Bad News: Your history of all scores in GMAT taken in past 5 yrs is reported to the schools you apply. So they will have a list of all your scores.

Also I want to know how favorably or negatively the schools view the fluctuation in GMAT scores?
I don't mean to scare you but I have been through this dilemma. Almost all schools do mention in their websites that they do take the highest of your scores. Indeed they do. But it is said that the latest attempt should not reflect your least score 'coz that will mean your ability to handle the academic pressure has declined. (Main Purpose of GMAT as stated by GMAC). This may be particularly true in cases of steep fall of scores. :-(

You have to muster courage if you wanna resolve this paradox. If you have time on your side and will to beat your score, then I would strongly advise you to go for another attempt and cross 700. But not without sufficient prep. You are the best evaluator for yourself.
On the other hand, you can simply continue with your apps and try to explain this paradox, perhaps in your optional essays or in interviews,if you are asked about it.

Both paths have their pros and cons. Its a gamble now. Make your own choice.

Good Luck
Neo

hey neo..thx a ton for a reply that has indeed cleared some clutter in my mind. Pls help me resolve my following querries as well, i'll be thankful
1. I ve decided to go ahead with the apps with the score 670 & even plan again to give the gmat a 3rd time. Now if I hopefully score more than 700 on my 3rd attempt but on account of having submitted the app with a 1st test score due to deadline issue, will I get any advantage for a higher score later (what I mean is will my higher score be considered even if I have submitted my app?)?
2. Also can giving gmat 3 times in a year present me negetively? or if score well above 700 in my 3rd attempt, the no. of attempts will not matter much for the schools?
Your reply will be very much appreciated.Thx

hey neo..thx a ton for a reply that has indeed cleared some clutter in my mind. Pls help me resolve my following querries as well, i'll be thankful
1. ...what I mean is will my higher score be considered even if I have submitted my app?
2. Also can giving gmat 3 times in a year present me negetively? or if score well above 700 in my 3rd attempt, the no. of attempts will not matter much for the schools?
Your reply will be very much appreciated.Thx

Vik,
1) The score you present at the time of your application will be only considered. Even if you score 800 later, schools won't take it post deadline.

2) Yes, number of attempts will wash away if you score above 700. In anycase, ensure that your 3rd will be the last. Max limit in a yr is 5 but thats unnecessary. You have to show a progressive trend in your scores. Your next score should be atleast 30 points more than the highest of your previous scores. So reach atleast a 700.

All the best. Stay kool and don't get desperate. You will do well. :-)

-Neo