720(94%) qa-50(93%) va-38(83%) awa-5.5(77%)

*Hi All, This forum has been a constant source of inspiration during the preparation process. I took the GMAT over a week ago. I scored a 720(94%) QA-50(93%) VA-38(83%) AWA-5.5(77%). Needless to say, many would be happy with this score, r…

Hi All,
This forum has been a constant source of inspiration during the preparation process.
I took the GMAT over a week ago.
I scored a 720(94%) QA-50(93%) VA-38(83%) AWA-5.5(77%). Needless to say, many would be happy with this score, rather ecstatic. But I am royally disappointed. Below are the practice scores just 1 week before the test. And the reinstall was just 2 days before the test.Please see the attached screen shots.
720 was an all time low if I consider only GMATPrep scores.
My MGMAT test scores are
MGMAT 1: 670 (June 2010)
MGMAT 2: 690 (July 2010)
MGMAT 3: 730 (August 2010)
MGMAT 4: 740 (Sept 2010)
MGMAT 5: 720 (Oct 2010)
MGMAT 6: 690 (Oct 2010)
Reference materials :
MGMAT SC guide
OG 10, 12
Powerscore CR bible.
Knewton course.
I was hoping for a 750 or above score. Although I feel not so disappointed with my QA score, I am really disappointed with the VA score.
In hindsight I realize that the fall was because I did not take the test at the peak of my performance. I would have loved to write a detailed debrief and the preparation strategy, if I was satisfied with the score. Since its already the end of October so I have to rush with my applications and there is no time for a retake.

With everyone congratulating me for this score, I figured I can express some happiness.
I always wanted to use these 'little green men' in my debrief post...so here I go...

Feel free to ask any questions.

Have been following your posts on the forums, glad to see you hit a good score

ATB with the applications process :cheers:

Congratulations!! Thats a very good score!! No need to worry except for the personal satisfaction but sure enough, an admit will more than make-up for that :)

I had some Qs
What was your overall view of the Knewton course? Pros and cons? How close were the Knewton tests to the real thing? Final verdict?? Were you on their 50pt guarantee?

Congratulations!! Thats a very good score!! No need to worry except for the personal satisfaction but sure enough, an admit will more than make-up for that :)

I had some Qs
What was your overall view of the Knewton course? Pros and cons? How close were the Knewton tests to the real thing? Final verdict?? Were you on their 50pt guarantee?

Thanks Neo2000.
My overall rating for Knewton course is "Above average" but not exceptional. The instructors were average. The best part of the course is the adaptive design of the course website itself.
Knewton tests are easier than the real thing just that they give you a lower score for the same performance when compared to GMAT.
Yes I am on their 50 point guarantee. I guess I will get my money back ...although I did not want to. BTW I had a 680 in 2008 so my I needed atleast a 730 NOT to get my money back.

hey congrats for such a good score.

hey i will be giving my GMAT on 15th NOV.

i have done only OG 12.

what else should i study and which tests should i give to test my performance.

I gave GMAT Prep only Quants and scored 47.

what should i study for quant?

hey congrats for such a good score.

hey i will be giving my GMAT on 15th NOV.

i have done only OG 12.

what else should i study and which tests should i give to test my performance.

I gave GMAT Prep only Quants and scored 47.

what should i study for quant?

Are you an engineer. If yes then you might not require too much effort. What I would suggest is 1st identify a list of topics you sense you are weak at. Then attack the weaknesses 1st. There are innumerable resources over the Web. BTW I used MGMAT Strategy guides. These are concise guides for building up the concepts.
Congrts for your score.

i am really struggling in SC and DS.I have gone thro the manhattan SC but there it is pretty much mentioned about general rules but when i encountered OG 12 SC questions there they have mentioned about relative clause restrictive clause and so manny things.
i just want to know the kind of approach to go for SC questions.
pls help as i am running out of time.
I am getting PMs with questions. Putting it here for everyone's benefit.
----------------------------
For SC I would suggest after studying the rules, try to identify the patterns.
Not sure how you interpret MGMAT SC book but I believe, it is organized in separate error areas...Like subject-verb error,,,parallelism error and so on. This is exactly the way you should solve the SC questions.
1. Make a list of all the error areas.
2. Pick a sentence from OG and the identify the error areas.
3. Try to see which options remove those errors.
if you have problems identifying the errors,,you need more practice.
This will initially take time but you will gain speed eventually.

Thanks for the above post

panacea7676 Says
Thanks for the above post

No problem.
Honestly I am running out of time for the apps. I apologize for my short replies. Maybe, I'll be able to better contribute after the apping season is over.
But please keep shooting your questions.
If you have a question about GMAT SC, CR, or RC, I would say post the questions in the respective threads.
If you have any problem finding the threads let me know.

Thanks for the feedback about Knewton course, helped me shortlist them.

mba_from_iim Says
Thanks for the feedback about Knewton course, helped me shortlist them.

You are welcome.