710 - Q50 V37 :(

finally done with my GMAT…a miserable 710!! dunno why i screwed up in Verbal though…am thoroughly satisfied with my Quant score…it ws as expected…bt i felt i messed up somewher between questions 8-16 in verbal…now i am a free bird!!! a…

finally done with my GMAT....a miserable 710!! dunno why i screwed up in Verbal though...am thoroughly satisfied with my Quant score...it ws as expected...bt i felt i messed up somewher between questions 8-16 in verbal..now i am a free bird!!!
any doubts/suggestions/queries are welcome!! i ll try my best to answer asap...

btw, gmat crackers, cud u tell me my chances of getting into ISB, MIT and LSE with this score and a profile of 2 yrs work ex?? i m a fresher and i ll be applying to these schools after 2 yrs.......so assuming that i have an above average profile, can i fancy my chances at these 3 schools?? i am a computer engineer placed in Syntel and awaiting TCS off campus results...if anyone wants me to post a detailed description of my path to 710, let me know...and seniors, cud u tell me wat other schools i can consider applying to after 2 yrs with this score??

finally done with my GMAT....a miserable 710!! dunno why i screwed up in Verbal though...am thoroughly satisfied with my Quant score...it ws as expected...bt i felt i messed up somewher between questions 8-16 in verbal..now i am a free bird!!!
any doubts/suggestions/queries are welcome!! i ll try my best to answer asap...

btw, gmat crackers, cud u tell me my chances of getting into ISB, MIT and LSE with this score and a profile of 2 yrs work ex?? i m a fresher and i ll be applying to these schools after 2 yrs.......so assuming that i have an above average profile, can i fancy my chances at these 3 schools?? i am a computer engineer placed in Syntel and awaiting TCS off campus results...if anyone wants me to post a detailed description of my path to 710, let me know...and seniors, cud u tell me wat other schools i can consider applying to after 2 yrs with this score??

First of all, 710 is not a bad score. It maybe below your expectations though. ur somewhat unlucky also I feel. I know some ppl have got 720 with Q-50 and V-37. Anyways none of us really know how the scaled scores exactly work.

I feel with 2 yrs ex, you will definitely have chances to enter ISB. Dont know about other schools. One warning what I would definitely give is beware of entering the IT industry. B schools prefer diversity in their class profiles. and most of the Indian applicants have IT background (including me :neutral: ). You will definitely boost of your chances if you have an interesting work profile other than IT.

And I really admire the way to keep replying to most of the queries on other threads. Keep it up !!

yay!!!! one more consolation for me!!! 5.5 in my AWA!!

ajayreddy Says
yay!!!! one more consolation for me!!! 5.5 in my AWA!!

puys...if u need any help, feel free to ask me....i ll be ther to help u ppl!!
ajayreddy Says
a miserable 710!!

I resent that!! there's nothing wrong with a 710 sure its not a 750/760 but hey its still a great score! I got that score so yeah i know what it feels like. You have got to realise that a score will only get you beyond the door after that its your app that matters.

p.s.Congrats!! Its a Great score

congrats!!!!!!!!
My G day is this friday
I am a B.Com.
How to calculate GPA?
Is it neceaary to fill all the info after GMAT
I dnt have patience to wait!!!!!!

I resent that!! there's nothing wrong with a 710 sure its not a 750/760 but hey its still a great score! I got that score so yeah i know what it feels like. You have got to realise that a score will only get you beyond the door after that its your app that matters.

p.s.Congrats!! Its a Great score

Another thing,
I find so many questions in GMAT Prep from OG
So my scores are inflated to some extent
In real GMATJust asking abt your GMAT experience:smile:
Another thing,
I find so many questions in GMAT Prep from OG
So my scores are inflated to some extent
In real GMATJust asking abt your GMAT experience:smile:

well, the ones i encountered in real GMAT required a bit more thinking than the OG questions...however, once u get thru the so-called "diff" questions, i got questions tht seemed to be easier than some of the OG questions...one advice though...just try to browse thru KAPLAN 800...i feel it gives u a real sense of wat u can expect in case u get going good!!!

thnx
How to count GPA?I m a B.com
Is it mandatory to fill up that form after GMAT?
I cant wait to c my scores:neutral:
Do I ve to remember the B-School codes or names will be given?
My GMAT is this friday
Early reply will be appreciated:)

ajayreddy Says
well, the ones i encountered in real GMAT required a bit more thinking than the OG questions...however, once u get thru the so-called "diff" questions, i got questions tht seemed to be easier than some of the OG questions...one advice though...just try to browse thru KAPLAN 800...i feel it gives u a real sense of wat u can expect in case u get going good!!!
thnx
How to count GPA?I m a B.com
Is it mandatory to fill up that form after GMAT?
I cant wait to c my scores:neutral:
Do I ve to remember the B-School codes or names will be given?
My GMAT is this friday
Early reply will be appreciated:)

You can leave the GPA blank not a problem. i know i left mine blank.
You dont have to remember the school code as long as you get the college and the program correct.

Hey thnx Neo
Do you advise to spend more time during fist 10Qs?
Did u find Qs similar to OG in ur GMAT?

You can leave the GPA blank not a problem. i know i left mine blank.
You dont have to remember the school code as long as you get the college and the program correct.
Hey thnx Neo
Do you advise to spend more time during fist 10Qs?
Did u find Qs similar to OG in ur GMAT?

I would advise you to treat each question on its merit. Dont spend too much time but dont give up too easily also.

As for similar questions, I didnt pay any attention to that. You've got enough on your mind without having to bother whether the questions are similar or not.
hi, all the people who have given gmat,

i have my gmat date in dec ...

had sum queries about the inital procedures that precede the test

wat all things do we have to fill in before taking the test...

i mean the things about school codes , gpa etc??? if i am a fresher who doesnt want to apply this year wat shud i do???
and do the school codes include indian management schools as well?

how much time do we have to fill in all this info??

hey, see, before the test, the only thing u need to fill is ur list of colleges tht u want to apply...since u do not wish to apply this year, it does not make a huge diff. about ur choices..u can choose any 5 colleges and send it to them.. your future chances at those colleges will not be affected by ur sending of the scores to them now..the codes do includ eindian schools too..after u are done with the verification process before entering the room, just ask the person sitting there for a booklet containing codes of all institutes tht accept GMAT..then note down the State/Country and your programme on the erasable writepad tht u ll be given..thts about all u need..once u r done with ur exam, u ll be asked to fill in the other details..alternatively, you could fill it rite now by logging on to www.mba.com with ur profile and completing your profile...u will be given sufficient time to fill up the details so dont worry..chill...atb

One more Q
The completion of profile. Is it after we see our scores or before that?

One more Q
The completion of profile. Is it after we see our scores or before that?

i guess its before u can see your scores....neways, how would it matter if u have to complete your profile even after seeing your gmat scores ;)..

sonalinitr Says

hi, i m by no means an expert at this since i m a fresher too, but judging by my glances at other posts wid similar queries and their corresponding answers, i feel it all depends on where u want to apply..if it is the ivy league, then wid 1.5 yrs work ex i feel u need to hv a stronger score, which might just tip the scales in your favour....bt if u lookin at univs like NUS, then MAYBE ur score is good enough..i suggest u still take a second opinion from someone more experienced though....all the best for ur applications and CONGRATS on ur score!! its nt tht bad!!
ajayreddy Says
hi, i m by no means an expert at this since i m a fresher too, but judging by my glances at other posts wid similar queries and their corresponding answers, i feel it all depends on where u want to apply..if it is the ivy league, then wid 1.5 yrs work ex i feel u need to hv a stronger score, which might just tip the scales in your favour....bt if u lookin at univs like NUS, then MAYBE ur score is good enough..i suggest u still take a second opinion from someone more experienced though....all the best for ur applications and CONGRATS on ur score!! its nt tht bad!!

Hi.. I had written that message actually.. I had logged in from a public system, which redirected me to sonalinitr's account.. Thanks for your response.. :)..

Thanks,
Abhinav..
Hi.. I had written that message actually.. I had logged in from a public system, which redirected me to sonalinitr's account.. Thanks for your response.. :)..

Thanks,
Abhinav..

no probs buddy!!

Hey!!
Firstly congrats on a great score....

Just let us know abt ur prep time and the books you referred...
Any strategy you adopted to improve yourself with the time...

ATB