710 (q48 V40) 6.0

Yup, that’s my story. Took it on the 30th of Sept so apologies for the late posting. While I was a tad disappointed with the score, I’ve made my peace with it. The GMAT is easy to beat you just have to hold your nerves. As for my prep, on and…

Yup, that's my story. Took it on the 30th of Sept so apologies for the late posting. While I was a tad disappointed with the score, I've made my peace with it. The GMAT is easy to beat you just have to hold your nerves.

As for my prep, on and off for quite a while before I finally booked a date. That's when I got down to some really serious prep. Post-poned the date once took the last week off and took a lot of tests. I would recommend doing GPrep atleast 4times. I know you'll say that questions repeat and scores get inflated but its ok. At some point, you should be able to sleepwalk through the entire process so the only thing you have to focus is on the questions themselves and nothing else.

I studied for the AWA the evening before the test so i dont think I would be a good person to ask abt the AWA. Even though I got a 6

Books I studied from
OG11
Kaplan Premier edn
Kaplan800
Manhattan SCG and CR/RC
4GMAT Quantitative Course
Princeton review

I also had access to GMAXONLINE course and of the videos i saw,thought it was fantastic for those who are weak in Math. I didnt watch all of their SC videos.Their CR and AWA were equally good and I watched all of them.

I kept an error log of everything. Was especially handy once i started with SCG because I could actually see my accuracy go up.
Participated in question answering and didnt hesitate to ask for help.

Sent the scores to Chi,Ross, Rotman,Stern and Duke.

Well, that's my story. Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Hey Neo,

I think the score is just perfect! what percentile have the scores translated into?

I think, anything above 700 works out fine unless you screw ur essays....ATB for your apps....

When r u apping?

Cheers
Unplugged

Hey Neo,
I think the score is just perfect! what percentile have the scores translated into?
I think, anything above 700 works out fine unless you screw ur essays....ATB for your apps....
When r u apping?
Cheers
Unplugged

Thanks dude.
Scores translated to 40 / 89% 48 / 85% 710 / 93% 6.0 / 89%

Apping this year 😃
Yup, that's my story.
Well, that's my story. Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Congos Neo. You Description was Too Small, hope There r
no word limits on detailing ones experience .
Neverthless scoring 6 in AWA with less prep or least prep
is impossible unless u have Command like Charles Dickens and co

May Ad Com Bless u in Rest of Process.
PS:You didnt explain the G_Day Exp.

Regards,
seshadri.r
Congos Neo. You Description was Too Small, hope
PS:You didnt explain the G_Day Exp.
Regards,
seshadri.r

Hardly dude i think people have gotten bored of reading long experiences:-)

G-Day was well words fail me. I didnt check out the centre the previous day because the thing is like 10mins from my place. Unfortunately the place was a little tucked away so i had to make 2rounds of the road before i finally discovered the place. I had an early morning slot and i had left pretty early so thankfully there was no problem but i did have a few moments of increasing tension.

Carried a RedBull and a Mars bar. Half of both in each interval. Takes your mind off the exam

I got back 15seconds late from the first break so my clock started at 74:45 :-| Pretty sure i messed up the timing on the quant section because i literally had to race through the last few questions. Again something that i could have done without. Same with Verbal and which is why i said get in as much practice as possible its important for you to get your timing right irrespective of the type of questions being thrown. You have to be able to walk away from a question if its taking too much time.
Know What you Know!!

I was lucky to get a sample scratchpad delivered to me. Gave all my mocks with it.
Hardly dude i think people have gotten bored of reading long experiences:-)

G-Day was well words fail me. I didnt check out the centre the previous day because the thing is like 10mins from my place. Unfortunately the place was a little tucked away so i had to make 2rounds of the road before i finally discovered the place. I had an early morning slot and i had left pretty early so thankfully there was no problem but i did have a few moments of increasing tension.

Carried a RedBull and a Mars bar. Half of both in each interval. Takes your mind off the exam

I got back 15seconds late from the first break so my clock started at 74:45 :-| Pretty sure i messed up the timing on the quant section because i literally had to race through the last few questions. Again something that i could have done without. Same with Verbal and which is why i said get in as much practice as possible its important for you to get your timing right irrespective of the type of questions being thrown. You have to be able to walk away from a question if its taking too much time.
Know What you Know!!

I was lucky to get a sample scratchpad delivered to me. Gave all my mocks with it.

hey Neo...congo on ur score!!! i too share the same score!!! although the split up is a tad diff - Q50 V37, plus i got only 5.5 in my AWA...

and ppl, trust me, i too did the sample AWA's just the evening before the exam and got thru...i havent used a single so-called "sophisticated" word in my essay....it was plain english..so i believe u dont need a very high understanding/control of ur vocab to score good in ur essays...the flow of ur essay matters the most...

Congo Neo

ATB with apping

Congo! :)

Thanks for the inputs... Planning to take the GMAT in April..

Have taken CAT recently... scored a 98.1 with a 94 in Quant... How much do u think GMAT 800 will help?

G'luck with the apps..

dude on what basis are the percentile given?? based on number of stdents in that batch or weekly or what??

hi all,
i dont have 1000 rc and cr papers can anybody post it here. my test date is on 28thaug.

hi all,
i dont have 1000 rc and cr papers can anybody post it here. my test date is on 28thaug.

1000RC and CR will no longer be found on PG. Both are material that have come out of Scoretop. Given Scoretop's recent run-in with the GMAC, i'm not sure you want to risk getting banned from ever taking the GMAT do you?

I was not aware of this.

Hi Neo,

Please tell me how do i get access to GMAXONLINE, Are they for free or for purchase?

Thanks
Abhishek

I also had access to GMAXONLINE course and of the videos i saw,thought it was fantastic for those who are weak in Math. I didnt watch all of their SC videos.Their CR and AWA were equally good and I watched all of them.

Hi Neo,

Please tell me how do i get access to GMAXONLINE, Are they for free or for purchase?

Thanks
Abhishek

You have to purchase them.

GMAX Online: GMAT Online Course Preparation

Thanks Neo, Can you tell me the cost please?

You have to purchase them.

GMAX Online: GMAT Online Course Preparation

hey,
I am new to this GMAT..can u clarify me one thing..i heard that there will be 37 questions in quant and 41 in verbal..but the threads show that there are more in the exam..what's all this??can anyone provide some insight

abhishek_blr Says
Thanks Neo, Can you tell me the cost please?

Dude come on man! I gave you the link its a simple click-through to see the cost. Dont expect to be spoon-fed all the time. Those days are over.

hey,
I am new to this GMAT..can u clarify me one thing..i heard that there will be 37 questions in quant and 41 in verbal..but the threads show that there are more in the exam..what's all this??can anyone provide some insight

Please read through the GMAC.com site properly. The site clearly mentions the number of questions that will come on the exam. What you see here is the score of the test-taker on the exam. Just because the score is greater than 37 does not mean that there are more than 37 Questions it just means that the questions have greater value than 1 mark.

Hey Neo,
COngo Dude.
Pls keep us posted about the colleges you will be apping to
Good luck

:

Hey Neo,

Congrats for a great score and a sixer in AWA...

In one of your post you have mentioned you referred to these GMAX online classes for AWA...

Please share those tips for AWA..i will be taking my GMAT on 20th of this month..