710 it is...

Hi, I just took my GMAT and scored a 710 (Verbal- 38, Quant- 49). Now, I know it’s a good score, but is it good enough to get me into say, a top 20 B-school? I am a graduate in B.A. (H) Economics from S.R.C.C, with an excellent school a…

Hi,

I just took my GMAT and scored a 710 (Verbal- 38, Quant- 49). Now, I know it's a good score, but is it good enough to get me into say, a top 20 B-school?

I am a graduate in B.A. (H) Economics from S.R.C.C, with an excellent school acad and a good college acad record. I also have a 22 month work ex in data/ financial research at a leading hedge fund. I have also been vounteering at an NGO and am on the lookout for a new job 😃

Could you please help me with the schools that accept GMAT scores in India? The only schools that come to mind are ISB and SP Jain.

Also, am looking at applying to NUS and Nanyang. But how good are they? Finances is a big concern for me, so even though I would love to be in Stanford et al, I will mostly be dependent on scholarships. I know about the Commonwealth scholarship. Can you suggest some more?

Looking forward to some feedback/ suggestions!!

Tanvi.

Hi,

I just took my GMAT and scored a 710 (Verbal- 38, Quant- 49). Now, I know it's a good score, but is it good enough to get me into say, a top 20 B-school?

I am a graduate in B.A. (H) Economics from S.R.C.C, with an excellent school acad and a good college acad record. I also have a 22 month work ex in data/ financial research at a leading hedge fund. I have also been vounteering at an NGO and am on the lookout for a new job 😃

Could you please help me with the schools that accept GMAT scores in India? The only schools that come to mind are ISB and SP Jain.

Also, am looking at applying to NUS and Nanyang. But how good are they? Finances is a big concern for me, so even though I would love to be in Stanford et al, I will mostly be dependent on scholarships. I know about the Commonwealth scholarship. Can you suggest some more?

Looking forward to some feedback/ suggestions!!

Tanvi.

HI tanvi,

710 is a vgud score. Congrats for that. But, by saying top 20 did you mean top20 in the world or in India, If its the world , I guess getting 710 qalified you to apply to such univ's. From there on, there are many other aspects that play a vital role in the selection process.

I dont mean to discourageyou, but your exp is on the low side. So top 20 would be a long shot. But there are quite some people who made it htough.

And reg the schools in India, apart from spjain, ISB there schools like great lakes in chennai. there are some courses in IIM's with >5 year work exp. So i guess people with ur wrok ex will have very few choices tochoose from.
NUs and Nanyang are very good colleges on par with IIM;s in india. So they will be a better option to you.

regards.
kalyan

thanks Kalyan! I knw my work-ex is on the lower side but i have aquaintances who vego thru stanford with even lower work ex. But they had a higher gmat score. But i do agree that ultimately my overall app matters. Thanks anyway!

People, more feedback please. This was my first attempt at GMAT!