710 - Done - Yippee

Folks, Just done with the Gmat. :grin: Got 710 total (Q41; V45; AWA 6) Thanks everyone on the forum. Studied for 2 months with regular office. Spent 2-3 hours on weekdays and 8-10 hours on the weekends. Material Used: OG10 …

Folks,

Just done with the Gmat. 😁 Got 710 total (Q41; V45; AWA 6)
Thanks everyone on the forum.
Studied for 2 months with regular office. Spent 2-3 hours on weekdays and 8-10 hours on the weekends.

Material Used:
OG10
OG11
Manhattan SC
Kaplan 800 Verbal for verbal.
Tests :
GMATPREP 1 : 680
Manhattan Online : 680
Kaplan : 660 (many repeats)
Princeton 1 ,2 ,3 4, : average 690
GMATPREP 2 (Kept for last) : - 730
Had booked the gmat for 2nd Sept, but kinda felt bored and out of material and energy by end of July. So preponed the exam (probably i m the only such guy in existence). Gave on 19th Aug.

Tips:
SC - Start with Manhattan SC - Must
Go then to OG10
Mark and re-do and revise all the wrongs.
Go then to OG11 - Start tests in Parallel.
Mark and re-do and revise all the wrongs.
Kaplan Verbal in the end.
I did not use anything else.
Score would have been probably a bit higher, but got penalty in Quant. Did not attempt last two question. EGO of an Engineer on 30, 31, 32nd Questions. Even if i had marked last two Qs wrong, I would have touched 730. Anyways, take this lesson.

AWA: Never prepared or took tests for 4 hours. On G-1 day, just looked at the various suggested formats.

Please note structure is IMPORTANT. Intro, para 1, para 2, para 3, conclusion. This is a MUST have. I was not quite happy with the contents myself, but structure was good. Got 6 in AWA. So you can as well !!!

One more thingy!!
The scratch pad was good one. No issues. It was just a hard white paper laminated (those marketing brochures kinda paper), with a black permanent marker (the normal one) with pen size tip (not the thick tip).
So don't get worried by it.

Now over to apps ... Veterans need help with Essays now and your views on the profile as well

Acads : India - Mechanical Engineering - Topper
Extra Curricular - Minimum
Prof Exp : 6.5 years by next session
Sector : IT (as usual)
Industry : Financial Services
Career Growth : Started as Software Engineer, moved on to the biggest projects in the UK financial services history. Gained rapid recognistion and promotions. Last project managed budgeted at $3Million with a benefit delivered around 30 Billion to the client.
Managed team sizes ~ 20 members
Various accolades from the Client (they offered me job as well).
Currently working Senior Analyst (IT) for Wealth Management division of world's largest Asset Management Companies.

Target Colleges : LBS, Cambrigdge Judge, Oxford Said

How does this look like ? Suggestions please regarding the profile.
Help / pointers for the essays.

Just done with the Gmat. Got 710 total (Q41; V45; AWA 6)
Thanks everyone on the forum.
Studied for 2 months with regular office. Spent 2-3 hours on weekdays and 8-10 hours on the weekends

How does this look like ? Suggestions please regarding the profile.
Help / pointers for the essays

Hi vyom, Congrats !!!

Please post your Query here for better, accurate and fast answers:

AND, please Search first and then if you don't find what you are looking for, you should open a thread.
You can search here:

Search