700 Q48 and V38

Hi , Just gave my GMAT today , got score of 700 (48,3 :: , not very exited about the score but not very dissapointed either . I would like to know what are the colleges i should apply to after such a score ? My background : Experience :…

Hi ,
Just gave my GMAT today , got score of 700 (48,3 , not very exited about the score but not very dissapointed either . I would like to know what are the colleges i should apply to after such a score ?

My background :
Experience : 4 Yrs in IT with infosys , 1 yr in Europe and 1.5 yrs in US
Engg : electronics engg from VTU bangalore with 85% engg agg. ( College topper ) .

Please help me to decide which places to apply to ( US and Europe colleges ).

regards,
mbabuster

hi,
Congrats on the gmat score.
can you please tell us about ur gmat prep exp?

thks and regds
Himanshu

GMAT prep experience

my GMAT prep experience started about 3-4 weeks before the GMAT. I would say the most important thing for preparation is the OG11 and the 1000 question lists - SC,CR and RC.

I was pretty confident in maths being a Engg. so did'nt really prepare for math, english in the beginning was a big hurdle , especially SC and CR . After a browse through OG11's SC and then about 300 questions from SC1000 , my SC accuracy had gone up . For CR again , CR1000 provides a very accurate picture of the type of questions in GMAT .

As for exams given before : i took practice tests for GMATprep and Petersons . Got 700 in the GMATprep and 680 in petersons .

thanks again , and still awaiting responses on the colleges ..

Mbabuster
Hi ,
Just gave my GMAT today , got score of 700 (48,3 , not very exited about the score but not very dissapointed either . I would like to know what are the colleges i should apply to after such a score ?

My background :
Engg : electronics engg from VTU bangalore with 85% engg agg. ( College topper ) .

regards,
mbabuster

Dear mbabuster,

Congrats on great score. 700 score is a great score anywhere any time. But PG has so many crazy people that it apperas that you have committed a crime by getting only 700. I don't see any replies to your query and was forced to make this post. Don't get disheartend by low response and go ahead and apply to all great schools.

regards

Arun
Dear mbabuster,

Congrats on great score. 700 score is a great score anywhere any time. But PG has so many crazy people that it apperas that you have committed a crime by getting only 700. I don't see any replies to your query and was forced to make this post. Don't get disheartend by low response and go ahead and apply to all great schools.

regards

Arun

Thx for the response Arun ... i was wondering that maybe 700 was bad and i need to give the GMAT again ... people were just ignoring my post because of the silly marks i have got ...
I guess i still need to give my essays a lot more stuff than the 750+ crowd..thx anyway
Thx for the response Arun ... i was wondering that maybe 700 was bad and i need to give the GMAT again ... people were just ignoring my post because of the silly marks i have got ...
I guess i still need to give my essays a lot more stuff than the 750+ crowd..thx anyway

Now I really feel guilty :(
I thanked your post,but did not post because my posts in the GMAT section have been only congratulatory messages and did not want add more to my kitty
700 is a good score :thumbsup: ATB with apping.
Hi ,

My background :

regards,
mbabuster

Hey 700 is not a bad score. Just that it's not a 'threshold' score so it doesn't rule in or rule out any school. You need to write more about your short and long term career plan and what you really want to do in life in order for people here to help you suggest the right schools.

Hi,
Firstly, congratulations on the score. I really think you should apply to a good number of schools in the Top-tier.
Anyway, can you tell me about the Prep. Material you've mentioned here? The OG11, SC1000/CR1000/RC1000? What is the name of the publisher and/or whether it's available at book stores.
Keep us updated on your applications and the Schools that accept you.

Regards,

GMAT prep experience

my GMAT prep experience started about 3-4 weeks before the GMAT. I would say the most important thing for preparation is the OG11 and the 1000 question lists - SC,CR and RC.

I was pretty confident in maths being a Engg. so did'nt really prepare for math, english in the beginning was a big hurdle , especially SC and CR . After a browse through OG11's SC and then about 300 questions from SC1000 , my SC accuracy had gone up . For CR again , CR1000 provides a very accurate picture of the type of questions in GMAT .

As for exams given before : i took practice tests for GMATprep and Petersons . Got 700 in the GMATprep and 680 in petersons .

thanks again , and still awaiting responses on the colleges ..

Mbabuster