680 = suckage (hey, first post)

Hey guys, First post here, Just finished my gmat got a terrible 680. Damn depressing, I got 730 and 750 on the two practice tests in GMAT prep. I had high hopes of getting into very good b schools (sloan, lbs, isb, insead) etc. Do y…

Hey guys,

First post here, Just finished my gmat got a terrible 680. Damn depressing,
I got 730 and 750 on the two practice tests in GMAT prep. I had high hopes of getting into very good b schools (sloan, lbs, isb, insead) etc.

Do you guys think i should take the test again?

I have a decent resume in terms of extracurricular and other activities.
I am just worried the score reflects badly on everything i do?

To elaborate, I am also one of the founders of Radio Verve (http://radioverve.com) , one of india's first internet radio station dedicated to independent Indian music and also one of the organizers of foss.in (a free and open source event).

i feel quite bad about my score. If it stops me from getting into
top universities then i will write gmat again. Any advice would be most welcome.

I have read conflicting views online, so i am confused on what i
should be doing.

If you are applying for Fall 2007 then just dig into the application right away. You have a gr8 differentiator with RadioVerve.
But, if you are applying for Fall 2008 then you can go ahead and give it another shot. But, reapplying for GMAT should be your last priority right now.

Most top b-schools are happy with a balanced scores on each section. You can get 670 with even a balanced 80/80 split.

Hey guys,

First post here, Just finished my gmat got a terrible 680. Damn depressing,
I got 730 and 750 on the two practice tests in GMAT prep. I had high hopes of getting into very good b schools (sloan, lbs, isb, insead) etc.

Do you guys think i should take the test again?

I have a decent resume in terms of extracurricular and other activities.
I am just worried the score reflects badly on everything i do?

To elaborate, I am also one of the founders of Radio Verve (http://radioverve.com/) , one of india's first internet radio station dedicated to independent Indian music and also one of the organizers of foss.in (a free and open source event).

i feel quite bad about my score. If it stops me from getting into
top universities then i will write gmat again. Any advice would be most welcome.

I have read conflicting views online, so i am confused on what i
should be doing.

Hey 680 is fine to apply.If you look @ all B-schools u have mentioned.Their median score may stand between 700-710.But It is median.there are ppls in those B-schools who got 650,670...Try to go thru their website in detail.If everyone who scored 700+ applied for LBS,INSEAD and hoping that he would get call,then its completely rubbish.Try to go thru previous threads of ppl who got there.Then u wil get clear picture.
Abt ISB, i think u hv to apply.Because u come in different profile category.